Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 543 ]  [ Total: 543 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Which nudist category is right for you?
 Categories of Nudists
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Are you naked right now? Topic Next Topic: How much nudist experience do you have?
Page: of 5

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 11/27/2004 :  3:48:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

I guess I'm in the Occasional Nudist category. I'm nude at home, go to nude beaches when schedule permits, but don't belong to any nudists clubs.

Chic

Ketchummaine
Forum Member

Posted - 11/28/2004 :  08:41:59 AM  Show Profile  Visit Ketchummaine's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nynudistcpl

New York does not have the most nudist friendly weather in the world. Although, we do have a few great nudist beaches in the Tri-State area; Gunnison, Lighthouse, Smith Point and a few others on Fire Island where nudity is accepted. So I guess we're "weather permitting nudists" who consistently seek out warm weather environments during the winter to feel free again!

NYnudistcpl

I know what you mean. When it is 60 in new york, it is 50 in Maine. Unfortuantely, Maine doesn't have any sanctioned beaches or other areas. We do have Yorktown Recreation (Yorktownrec.com)and Richmond Sauna, but I can't afford both the entry fee and the gasoline to get to them.

My Kindgom fo a Hot Tub!

Kevin

SleepyGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 12/27/2004 :  01:28:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd be kind of mixed in with a few of the first categories. The only time I've been nude in front of others outside of home is at the gym locker room. There just aren't any places near me to practice it. But I've done skinnydipping in our hot tub in front of wife's freind and her mom...and we go nude at home (me only when kids aren't home). SO I guess I'm a backyard/home/skinny-dipping nudist. :)

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 12/27/2004 :  10:18:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
SleepyGuy,

I replied to you situation with being nude in front of your step children....then saw this reply by you in this section and have a question.

Is your wife a practicing home nudist...in that she is nude all the time at home even with her kids there?

Was she and her previous husband nudists?

Has your wife ever talked with her children about nudism?

Have the kids ever practiced nudism at home at all?

If there are some times when they all practiced a nudist lifestyle even for short periods of time, there may be a chance with lots of patience to introduce or increase the amount of time you all can enjoy nudism together. Just curious about the entire situation you are facing.

but, we don't want to take this tread off topic so I'll communicate further on this subject with you on the other thread.....thanks.

Catagories of naturists:

Being a hardcore nudist/naturist can have it's downfall. We are currently in a hotel in Central Florida and are in a room that is not really all that private. I am currently nude at the computer with the drapes opened but must be careful when getting up to not flash those coming down the walkway. The downfall comes in numerous trips to the front desk looking for more private settings where we can be nude with the drapes open, so we don't feel so closed in, and yet not flash or impose our nudity onto others.

Back down to the front desk to see if we can change rooms.

Edited by - FireProf on 12/27/2004 10:25:05 AM

Gilliane
Forum Member

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  5:47:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Gilliane a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

>Home Nudist - Is nude in the home but never anywhere else.

>Backyard Nudist - Sunbathes and or skinnydips in backyard (or another private area such as a private veranda) but never in a public area.

>Occasional Nudist - May or may not be nude at home. Visits one or more clothing optional or nude areas when schedule permits.

I guess I sorta multi-qualify :)
Frankly, upstate Central New York has not been the best place for casual nudity away from home...and the under-employment issue of last year meant there weren't many vacation dollars available to travel. *sigh*
However, I have made a few home nudist friends and we periodically get together for "nekkid movie nights" and such at each others homes.
At least I have found people who understand the *why's* of nudism around here :)

Gilliane...
*currently shivering but...NIFOC!

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  6:39:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Gilliane,
There are some nonlanded clubs in Central NY. You might want to contact them.

To get back on topic, you're just putting some of the classifications on hold till your weather heats up again. :)

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Seneca
Forum Member

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  8:07:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You're right Cheri. The best, in my opinion is Empire Haven, near Homer,NY. It's only about 25-30 miles from Auburn,NY. E.H. is a great club, nice facilities and wonderful people there. The non-landed club I belong to (Northern Exposure Sun Club, from Clifton Park,NY) goes there every year, and I've gone there many times on my own.

Seneca

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 01/02/2005 :  8:14:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Seneca,
Empire Haven is a nice place. There is a yahoo group for NESC as well as Rochester Naturists http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RochesterNaturists/ that will keep you updated on what's happening all year long.

:) Cheri

-
-

later
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2005 :  04:19:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How about full time nudist. Nude where ever, when ever as long as we don't offend anyone or get arrested.

solarg8r
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  01:19:06 AM  Show Profile  Visit solarg8r's Homepage  Send solarg8r a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
>Social Nudist - Belongs to a club and attends meetings or participates in social (non-sexual) nudity as often as possible.

>Year-Round Nudist - Owns or rents a home either in a nudist venue or in a private area and spends a majority of his/her day nude on a year-round basis.

I think I fall into a combination of both of these areas. I enjoy all the aspects of being a social nudist, especially being with others who think and feel the same way I do about nudism. I really look forward to the time that I can spend at my club visiting and chatting with other nudists. At the same time, the majority of time that I am at home, I am nude, including whenever I can work outside in my yard or garden. At one time I was able to work from home, so there were many times that I was able to go days without ever having to wear anything. Unfortunately, I was not able to achieve the level of income I needed, so I now have to dress Mon-Fri to work in an office with many other non-nudists. Not only do I hate having to get dressed every day now, I had to go out and "waste" money on a new wardrobe. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to live and work in a nudist environment and never have to wear clothing again? That's my dream!

Follow the link & find me in the Photo Gallery - SolarG8r

teejay

Posted - 02/26/2006 :  10:50:35 AM  Show Profile  Click to see teejay's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote

I guess I'm in the Occasional Nudist category. I'm nude at home, go to nude beaches when schedule permits, but don't belong to any nudists clubs.

Chic
Hi all, Chic's response sounds exactly like me. I guess you can call me a carbon copy. LOL.

teejay

tomcon1

Posted - 02/21/2007 :  2:49:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Until people get to know you, they tend to see you as a representative of some type or other. Since making new friends while nude does not come under the Carnegie rules for making new friends, try assuming the persona of a familiar category, say, "occasional nudist", to give people some comfort zone to address. Then as they get to know you they will be pleasantly surprised by the many aspects of you beyond any category. This also works when clothed.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2007 :  10:04:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nynudistcpl

We are social nudists who love to be nude with others, especially at the beach! New York does not have the most nudist friendly weather in the world. Although, we do have a few great nudist beaches in the Tri-State area; Gunnison, Lighthouse, Smith Point and a few others on Fire Island where nudity is accepted. So I guess we're "weather permitting nudists" who consistently seek out warm weather environments during the winter to feel free again!

NYnudistcpl

Why wait till "weather permitting" when there are at least two nonlanded clubs that rent out health spas and meet all year long? Go to www.aanr.com and click on Regions & Clubs and then click on Club Listings & then click on NY: LI Travasuns as well as Philly Nudists in PA definitely have events all year.
Cheri

-
-

Anniebare
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2007 :  11:21:09 AM  Show Profile  Send Anniebare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
How about one more catagory...?

"Professional Nudist"

I jokingly used that term to describe myself when I worked as a life model for college art classes a few years ago. I tell people that during that time I was actually paid by the state of California to take my clothes off. How cool is that to get paid for doing what you love!

Annie

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2007 :  2:04:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Annie,

Now that's having your cake and eating it too! Get to be naked and get paid!!!?

Where do I fill out an application!?

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Are you naked right now? Topic Next Topic: How much nudist experience do you have?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved