Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 555 ]  [ Total: 555 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 No Topic Needed - Just Chatting - Oct 2017
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Ever been caught? Topic Next Topic: body positivity?
Page: of 2

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 10/04/2017 :  4:16:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
No Topic Needed In This Thread - Topic-Free Zone

There was a good suggestion for an "off topic" topic, where the Admin won't gripe at you for ignoring the subject!

And so, drum roll please, the moment we have been waiting for has finally arrived! In this thread, and this thread only, it matters not what the subject is, nor if there was a subject in the first place. So, what's new with you?

Add your comments here by logging on and clicking Reply to Topic.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/06/2017 :  12:42:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
New with us;

Busy, busy, busy ...aside from regular, everyday life, we are quite involved with our grandkids and their events and activities; school sports and city athletic sports teams. We've had very close nudist friends from CO come and stay with us for almost a week. We then met up with them and another couple, we are all close friends with, at that couple's home in WA for a long weekend. We visited the new clothing optional hotel in Palm Springs, The Terra Cotta. It is owned by a nudist gentleman and he is being helped and advised by the previous owners of The Terra Cotta Inn, which is been renamed The Monkey Tree and is no longer a clothing optional hotel.

We took a 11 day/ 10 night vacation to Mexico. We split up the vacation between nude and textile. We spent 6 days/nights with family at a textile resort the second 1/2 of the vacation but the first 4 days/3 nights we spent at Hidden Beach Resort in Playa Carmen, south of Cancun. Awesome place ... we'd return again.

We have a short vacation coming up to visit our club in our motorhome, a visit with our CO friends at their home in AZ and then a tentative trip to Tucson to visit family and then a RV stay at Mira Vista in November. We are beginning to travel a little more and I'm glad of that. Nudism is always a part of our vacation/getaway itinerary. The Prof picks the local, I research for nude beaches, clubs and resorts!

By the middle of Nov. we'll gear up for the holidays ... In between the traveling, we continue to live our nude life here at home and are enjoying our newly renovated backyard, all in the comfort of our skin!

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/06/2017 :  7:19:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

FP,

In essence it seems you live life naked and only use clothes when you have to, that is a great way to live in my opinion. A good template for the good weather which we are coming into where I live. I'm comfortable with that approach but not my wife, we are just back from o/s and suffering some jet lag (Australia is a long way from most places) so with the weather warming have had some nice afternoons recuperating in the back yard right into the evening and while my wife thought it was too cold to be naked my body did not.

About to go to the local pool for some swim training for the summer but will have to wear trunks or speedos. I've been wondering if the photo's on the net about swimming at the Y in the 50-60's and guys being naked were false, anyone know?

Cheers, SBN.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/07/2017 :  03:01:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No, they were not false. There were "men only" days and when that happened, you swam naked. I went to YMCA Summer Camp two years in a row and we same naked every time we had pool time. When we went back into the locker room to get dressed for lunch or dinner, I didn't want to put my clothes on ... and I wasn't alone!

When I was in the Navy and stationed in San Diego, Fall 1971, we went to the YMCA downtown and we swam naked there as well. NO sauna but a steam room and that was also used naked by all the guys.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Edited by - FireProf on 10/07/2017 2:59:44 PM

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 10/07/2017 :  10:43:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's too bad that the Y's don't do that anymore. Ideally, it would be great if they had a night or two for the local non-landed club to have the facility to themselves for nude swimming. The club I belong to lost the pool they had access to and they are currently looking for another. I know it would probably never happen but we can dream.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/07/2017 :  6:47:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

So why have our societies become more conservative since then? Nude swimming at the Y, individual shower booths in change rooms now? Why did the nude swimming stop in the late 60's / early 70's? The 1960's were a time of change and supposedly open minded-ness coming in to our societies. Nude beaches were very popular here in Oz in the 80's and maybe early 90's but the numbers of people have reduced, especially women. Why? Is it just a cycle or is it something else?

jbsnc
Forum Member

Posted - 10/07/2017 :  8:06:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Interesting isn't it? As TV increasingly goes bolder and bolder it doesn't seem nudist resorts and open nudity is. Recent day time show on the History channel showed a man and woman mating and numerous show are growing more and more suggestive and obvious. In the 40s and in private we swam naked in streams and small lakes but movies showed twin beds for couples!

Happy Nuding.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/07/2017 :  10:29:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

JBSNC, Hmmm, so if there is more nudity on TV you reckon there is less interest in nudist resorts and CO beaches? Interesting. I guess that implies that a certain level of interest in nude beaches is for sexual reasons more than the lifestyle. You may be right. Wonder what others think. SBN.

FullSun
Forum Member

Posted - 10/09/2017 :  12:02:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it is how nudity is bring portrayed on TV. It is being portrayed as sex or as a violent act. How often do you see it portrayed where someone is just living life or doing everyday things nude? So people are getting fed this view of nudity as being either sex or something scary. Even when it is portrayed more innocently (such as the cast of Friends talking about the naked guy in the window across the way) they use things like "Ewww!" or other negative connotations. Not good.

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 10/09/2017 :  12:39:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While I have not seen much of the show 'naked and afraid' what I did see they covered of the actors! What is the point of having a show that is supposed to be about being in the wild, nude and blotching out parts of the actors? If the actors did not want to be seen nude, then they should not be on the show! Like has already been said, what about a show that shows how we enjoy being nude and normal daily actives?

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 10/09/2017 :  4:54:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the places it seems to be represented in a casual, positive manner is with some of the ads on TV. There was a Walgreens ad with two women buying sunscreen and going to a CO beach, a Geico ad where he ends up seeing a sign for a CO beach and one recent one I saw for LL Bean with 3 thirty somethings run off a dock and jump in the water. On the last one it may just be me but I get the feeling they are skinny-dipping. Maybe it's just me...anyone else have any thoughts on it? At least with the ads there is no one making fun or saying it's weird or saying anything negative.

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/09/2017 :  4:57:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Fullsun, it has always intrigued me that movies / TV ratings associate sex with violence in the way they are rated. WHY??? Clearly 2 different things unless the sex involves any violence which seems to be creeping in. Other definitions and ratings are required. There seemed to be more nudity in the 70's & 80's on TV and in movies, now every actor is a celebrity and must have clauses in contracts unless you are a nobody trying to be somebody and flash the paparazzi every time you alight from a car in order to get noticed. SBN.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2017 :  09:35:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nude in AK

While I have not seen much of the show 'naked and afraid' what I did see they covered of the actors! What is the point of having a show that is supposed to be about being in the wild, nude and blotching out parts of the actors? If the actors did not want to be seen nude, then they should not be on the show! Like has already been said, what about a show that shows how we enjoy being nude and normal daily actives?

I think they have limits on what they can show censorships and standards for TV . And they are not alone, camera crew, director, production staff all in naked and afraid, I think its portraying a night mare, of sorts and sensationalize the idea,and not showing people enjoying nudism being normal. The sponsors know what sells $$$ is the bottom line

Go n nude

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2017 :  4:38:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NEW TERRA COTTA

We just spent a day at the new incarnation of the Terra Cotta in Palm Springs. Those who spent time at the original Terra Cotta Inn will find much that is familiar at the new venue. In fact, Tom and Mary Clare work there as 'consultants'. The grounds seem a bit smaller, and the pool is definitely smaller. The hot tub will accommodate maybe 6 people. The overall vibe is similar, though, and Tom says that ~90% of the clientele are veterans of the Original TCI. The guests seemed on average to be a bit more, um, geriatric than at some other C/O venues I've visited. (Not that there's anything wrong with that! I just got my Medicare card myself.) But be prepared to listen to 1970s pop music by the pool. I hadn't heard "One Bad Apple" by the Osmonds in 40-odd years ... and it was still too soon. One unique sight you might see is a naked man with a bassoon! The owner John is a professional bassoonist, and on the day we visited he serenaded the guests with a bit of J.S. Bach. We only saw one guest room, but it looked quite nice, better IMO than those at the old TCI.

Having said that, I do have some gripes. The sidewalks and deck around the pool are crumbling, and the presence of sharp pebbles can make walking barefoot hazardous. Keep those flip-flops handy. The upstairs sun deck gives an interesting view of Palm Springs, but also shows that the tile roof needs some repairs. But my biggest complaint - again, a holdover from the original TCI - has to be the snacks and wine served in the afternoon. The snacks are ... OK, I guess. The wine, however, was AWFUL. I'm not expecting Chateau Lafite, but a choice between a sickly sweet red wine and a sickly sweet pink wine isn't much of a choice. (I suspect the latter might have been Franzia Pink Moscato. Gaah!) There are surely more appealing cheap box wines on the market.

OK, enough complaining. The opening of ANY new C/O venue is cause for unreserved celebration, and I think the Terra Cotta will be a success. It's a welcome addition to the Palm Springs nudist landscape, and I'd be happy to go back for a longer stay. But next time I'm bringing my own wine.

rahel
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2017 :  5:34:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
well with all these comments. I wonder if I am missing anything. I have not been to a nudist beach since 2014 and now I would not know how to go as I lost my partner in life.

rahel

soonbnude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/23/2017 :  07:23:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Rahel

I think your message alone should be enough to cause some of the good people on the site to invite you along and be friendly, platonically speaking of course. Hope you find it OK to get back there soon. SBN.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Ever been caught? Topic Next Topic: body positivity?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved