Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 175 ]  [ Total: 175 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Site News
 What's new around the website?
 Nude-Friends.com - finding the bugs!
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude-Friends.com - phase 2 of testing Topic Next Topic: Nude-Friends.com - refining the topic structure
Page: of 4

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 05/09/2020 :  4:55:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Our new site at nude-friends.com is up and running. In this phase we track down every possible malfunction and fix it.

If you're helping to test (and please do) any detailed information you can provide makes it easier. Providing the exact wording of the error (if present) helps a lot.

It would be nice if everything worked perfectly out of the box, but that's why we chose software with a professional support crew and community. Something breaks, it's just a matter of finding the answer. Thanks everyone for helping in this phase of development.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 05/09/2020 :  5:10:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"I can’t log in with my info from the old site."

That's normal. This is a fresh database, with no users. You'll have to set up your username and password however you want it.

I see that Bill Bowser's two attempts were successful using his two Google accounts. His profile pics (avatars) carried over nicely. I presume that whenever he's logged in at Google he will remain logged in at NF, but I'm not certain of that.

I have mixed feelings about the social media login feature. Some people might use that and be unhappy that their regular profile pics from Google etc. show up on a nudist site. I would expect there to be a function to change your avatar even if using social media login. If we want the best growth, social media login reportedly is a great tool. But the extra convenience may confuse people that don't realize you can just starting a native NF account in the old way.

MrsAzLagoon
Forum Member

Posted - 05/10/2020 :  1:32:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit MrsAzLagoon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I tried to log in via Facebook and no luck. Got this message.

“ App Not Setup: This app is still in development mode, and you don't have access to it. Switch to a registered test user or ask an app admin for permissions.”

I’m one that doesn’t use Google for anything nudist related.

Enjoy the sunshine!

MrsAZLagoon-AKA C-OHome
www.ClothingOptionalHomeNetwork.com

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 05/10/2020 :  2:26:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very helpful. Thank you.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/10/2020 :  4:20:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do we have to use Google? I can't register or log in. I normally us IE

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 05/10/2020 :  5:04:02 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The intention is to provide the user the option to register the same as you did with NRO, or alternately by using your favorite social media.

It seems having the social media icons right there distract one from seeing the Register item in the main menu, which is how you normally register without using social media.

I've been running diagnostics, and I can see that I need to get under the hood and track down some problems. It will probably take several days.

Feel free to continue testing if you'd like to.

When it's time I will be deleting all previous attempts to login, so we start with a clean slate.

I'll let you know when it's time to test again. Thanks for the details.

calgarymark
Forum Member

Posted - 05/12/2020 :  6:34:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was easily able to register and create a profile. I added a 'cover' photo and a headshot; however the headshot does not carry over to the 'member' icon in posts. I posted into the second forum, edited it, and successfully added a link to another url. Good stuff!

I was unable to find a way to contact Admin (a.k.a. phocion?) to ask a couple of questions, so they are in the edited post.

Admin, will we have the (optional) facility to add a signature and motto, such as I have below my signature here?

CalgaryMark
"Life's too short to be taken seriously".
"Be yourself - everyone else is taken". Attributed to Oscar Wilde.

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 05/13/2020 :  04:06:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm unable to login with my user name and password from here nor will it allow me to register by any username. Says it's not a valid username

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 05/13/2020 :  06:08:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I finally got registered and logged on. Runs very slow on my tablet with Firefox. My login is different then my user name which is a bit confusing. When filling out my profile it kept flagging me in red of only 180 characters. Confusing and annoying. Think mostly it's just learning to get through it and it will be fine.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 05/13/2020 :  09:24:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got registered and threw up a reply post. I think it'll take some getting used to the new format. Some of us older, simpler nudist folks get used to things a certain way and then have to try and keep up with ever changing technology!

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 05/13/2020 :  3:54:59 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There are many features of the new forum that haven't yet been configured.

One detail I'm looking at is the need to register in the front end, and then register again in the forum. That should not be needed, and there is probably a setting that corrects this. You might set up a beautiful profile with a profile pic and cover photo, and not be able to see it from within the forum. That needs to be fixed.

There are literally thousands of setup options I'll need to wade through and address each issue as it's identified.

I'm taking careful notes of all the issues you're experiencing. Keep posting them here. Things will improve as we go.

Jimmie2
Forum Member

Posted - 05/14/2020 :  5:25:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Jimmie2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Damn! I registered on new web site, but now can't get logged in...Help please!

HNATDT

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 05/15/2020 :  01:57:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jimmie2, it looks like you have two accounts, one with your earthlink address, and the other gmail.

There should be a Forgot Password link available, or would you like to delete both of those and start over?

Jimmie2
Forum Member

Posted - 05/15/2020 :  05:58:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Jimmie2's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Jimmie2, it looks like you have two accounts, one with your earthlink address, and the other gmail.

There should be a Forgot Password link available, or would you like to delete both of those and start over?

Yea can you just delete both accounts and I'll start over. I tried the "Forgot Password" link, but it just brings up another window asking for user name and password.

THANKS!

HNATDT

Edited by - Jimmie2 on 05/15/2020 05:58:40 AM

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 05/16/2020 :  3:09:42 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
With these several issues arising and some diagnostics I've run, I'm considering taking several steps back in the build process.

A website like this is assembled by adding modules, or plugins, that are supposed to be designed to work together flawlessly. If that's not true, you start to see malfunctions like what we've been seeing.

As it's unwise to continue to build on a shaky foundation, I'm looking at a rebuild. This first time I knew everyone was anxious to see the new site, so a lot of testing was skipped, and flaws slipped by as modules were added. We want this site to be rock solid and error free. It will be worth the wait.

In the meantime, have fun playing with the current site, which will probably be discarded. But it's a good time to try the different tools, and get familiar with every aspect of it.

seg615

Posted - 05/16/2020 :  7:11:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
registered for site, show as member but can't log in. Get error message when trying to get to log in page

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Nude-Friends.com - phase 2 of testing Topic Next Topic: Nude-Friends.com - refining the topic structure  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.62 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved