Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 186 ]  [ Total: 186 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Site News
 What's new around the website?
 Nude-Friends.com - finding the bugs!
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude-Friends.com - phase 2 of testing Topic Next Topic: Nude-Friends.com - refining the topic structure
Page: of 4

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 05/26/2020 :  12:44:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Admin, what is the guidelines for user name? I get the message of 'invalid characters' .

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 05/29/2020 :  12:43:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Can you tell me what characters you think triggered the warning?

It could be a character that indicates the string could be dangerous code designed to attack the site. Certain strings like <delete database> for example are usually filtered for. So perhaps a < or something like that is to blame.

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 05/29/2020 :  08:34:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Admin, I am trying to use a modified user name of what I use here.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 05/29/2020 :  09:54:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Yes, but which characters tripped the filter?

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2020 :  05:59:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why is it when I'm on my avatar says guest, it says next to it Welcome back Rich and it asks me to log to post. on the right side of the screen I try to log in But when I do I still get a white board message with username as daretobare and a password. Yet when I try entering anything it doesn't accept me and if I cancel its says unauthorized access

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2020 :  06:01:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And it runs very slow

feelingthebreeze
Forum Member

Posted - 05/30/2020 :  11:27:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm having the same problems on that site Rich. you can't do much on the new site.

Nude in AK
Forum Member

Posted - 05/31/2020 :  1:15:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Daretobare

Why is it when I'm on my avatar says guest, it says next to it Welcome back Rich and it asks me to log to post. on the right side of the screen I try to log in But when I do I still get a white board message with username as daretobare and a password. Yet when I try entering anything it doesn't accept me and if I cancel its says unauthorized access

I am not sure as it does not tell me. I was trying to use two letters, a space and four letters.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 06/01/2020 :  1:32:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
It's probably the space. There may be a setting to allow for spaces in usernames, I'll be looking into that.

Thanks everyone, your error reporting will be very useful.

On my end, I'm finding the quality of technical support from the hosting company used to be very good, but they have apparently downsized and lost their experienced support crew. When I contact them for issues, such as the extra login box, they tend to often ask for 4-5 minutes, then they come back with the equivalent of "okay, what now...?"

I'm having to provide my own tech support. I plan to remove that box, but I must put in place something equally effective to slow down the hackers, or we'll all see nothing but a white screen when they attack the server and make it crash.

I'm noticing some new members that are offering no error reporting. I may have to shut down new registrations, and perhaps even delete all memberships for another future round of testing.
Thanks for your patience.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2020 :  8:16:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have not had any problems accessing the new site but then again... I'm logged in always.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

MrsAzLagoon
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2020 :  10:57:31 PM  Show Profile  Visit MrsAzLagoon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Still having issues getting into the new site. I get the second login box. Tried to upload the screenshot, but get an error message. Sigh...I promise I’m not technically challenge.

Enjoy the sunshine!

MrsAZLagoon-AKA C-OHome
www.ClothingOptionalHomeNetwork.com

MrsAzLagoon
Forum Member

Posted - 06/01/2020 :  11:05:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit MrsAzLagoon's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Well, I gave up on using my credentials for this site and now I got registered with a slightly different username. I was able to upload the profile and the page images with no problem. Now to go adventuring!

Enjoy the sunshine!

MrsAZLagoon-AKA C-OHome
www.ClothingOptionalHomeNetwork.com

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 06/04/2020 :  12:22:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Just to clarify, there are no credentials on the new site. It's a blank database, so you'll have to start from scratch to build your profile.

Keep your avatar and other pics and descriptions handy in case I remove all memberships for the next round of testing.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 06/10/2020 :  02:26:53 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I've made a few changes that should improve the log in experience.

First, that extra login box should be gone. I'm filtering the hackers with a different method. Please let me know if you see that frustrating login box any more.

Second, the forum now appears as the main page of the site. The news items from the right sidebar are still available, but we may have to do without the All Categories page for the news.

Third, I'm seriously evaluating the value of using the Social Media Login feature. When people see the familiar Facebook icon they may overlook the usual way of creating a profile here. It's not intuitively clear that a new user has the option of creating a native account, or just using their social media account to show their avatars and usernames from there.

For those of you who used Facebook, Twitter etc. to join, can you still edit your profile fully?

Keep in mind you'll have two levels of profile, that for the WordPress site in its entirety, and the second level of your profile in the forum section through the User and Account links in the main menu. Through those you can update your picture and avatar.

Those of us with writing skills will be easily able to publish serious articles in our News section, with the help of a moderator.

And lastly, I'm discovering that having a user with the name Admin is a hackers magnet. I might become NFSysop or something.

Or Evil_Emperor, that would be catchy.

calgarymark
Forum Member

Posted - 06/11/2020 :  01:27:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Admin: I made some comments on the new site, particularly that my photo/avatar doesn't appear; how do I get that to happen? I started with a formal (clothed) portrait of myself, and now 'I' am a black cat on a yoga mat.

So far I have had no other problems with the site.

I like the ability to change colour from time to time, I haven't yet picked a favourite.

I admire your commitment to making this work and thank you for your dedication.

CalgaryMark
"Life's too short to be taken seriously".
"Be yourself - everyone else is taken". Attributed to Oscar Wilde.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Nude-Friends.com - phase 2 of testing Topic Next Topic: Nude-Friends.com - refining the topic structure  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.26 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved