Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 464 ]  [ Total: 464 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  01:22:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Schroder

Just a few random thoughts here. If I saw someone masturbating or any sort of sexual activity I would turn them in pronto. They make arrests for that and I think that's the best course of action. The most important thing is to make sure that that stuff doesn't start spreading.

I was at the beach twice this year and the crowd seemed to be subdued both days. They were week days but even for week days I thought it was unusually tame and pleasant. One day a ranger walked by. This was in the middle of the crowd. In the past I had only ever seen them walking along the shore line. I also saw the party animal with the headband and binoculars but couldn't hear him either day. Hoping this all continues and wasn't just something about the particular days that I was there.

The guy didn't show up until after 6, when the lifeguards are gone and anarchy (sometimes) reigns. I could've called the rangers, but it would've been my word against his... I really believe that the best enforcement of common courtesy comes from the grass-roots anyway, ie., those 99% of us who find that sort of behavior an affront to propriety. ("It takes a village...")

(As an aside: I have been there for nine days this season, and have only seen a ranger walk-through once. The NPS has suffered huge budget cuts; perhaps this is a reflection of that fact.)

Kind of glad you mentioned the headband guy. I used to avoid him, his boom-box and his bullhorn voice like the plague, but he seems to be slowing down.

We unwittingly set up near him one day, and I didn't even notice that fact until I saw him some time later, as opposed to hearing him from Sea Bright while still en route.

I wonder if he was chastised (?); could be he's just getting old like the rest of us. It can't be an easy task to haul 300+ pounds of body-weight and all that gear across the soft sand each and every day.

In any case, he's not nearly as disruptive as he used to be, so far.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2012 :  4:08:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishman, I've noticed that too about the headband guy. Two weeks ago, he was set up further back than usual, almost near the volleyball nets, and didnt hear him at all the entire day, which is odd. I doubt it was someone that made him tone it down. More likely, all those years of partying, drinking, and whatever else he did to that brain has caught up to him. I always try to avoid his area, and his crowd, but they all seem to be waking up to the fact that you cant go hard forever. Now, the group I have an issue with is there on Saturdays, and set up with the umbrella's, the bars, the music, and lots of chairs. They take up all that space, and then put up a sign that says private party. Seems to me like a private party should not be on a public beach. I do wonder what will happen if the powers that be decide to ban alcohol from the beach one day. Could be an interesting episode of COPS. lol

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  01:49:31 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We are visiting again on Sunday next, and have a question for the forum: Is the Fairbanks in Sea Bright still as lame as it once was?

That place is soooo close to The Hook, but was unbearable for a number of reasons over the past few years.

There is talk on Trip Advisor that new management has taken over, and that things have changed since June... We'd appreciate any input in that regard.

Thank you in advance.

Edited by - Fishman81 on 07/11/2012 01:51:18 AM

njdiver

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  11:18:38 AM  Show Profile  Send njdiver a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Heard that it was ok from a couple that stayed there a few weeks ago.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  7:27:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishman, I stay at the Comfort Inn in Middletown on route 35. Its only about a 10 minute drive to the Hook, and is clean and quiet. I dont know if they have improved the Fairbanks, but I would never stay there based on what I have heard in the past. New management could only make it better. On a high note, I was at Gunnison today. What a great day. Very laid back crowd. Plenty of space, and the water was fantastic. I was with a friend, and she noticed how many women just went topless today. Was my first trip on a weekday, so not sure if thats a new trend during the week. I was also there on Sat. and it was mobbed and very few people had anything on but hats, sunscreen, and smiles.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2012 :  11:54:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BARENJGUY33

Fishman, I stay at the Comfort Inn in Middletown on route 35. Its only about a 10 minute drive to the Hook, and is clean and quiet. I dont know if they have improved the Fairbanks, but I would never stay there based on what I have heard in the past. New management could only make it better. On a high note, I was at Gunnison today. What a great day. Very laid back crowd. Plenty of space, and the water was fantastic. I was with a friend, and she noticed how many women just went topless today. Was my first trip on a weekday, so not sure if thats a new trend during the week. I was also there on Sat. and it was mobbed and very few people had anything on but hats, sunscreen, and smiles.

Thank you; I'm going to look into it. (I talked to the Fairbanks yesterday- and while they do have new management- they still have no desk staff after 10, no ice available after the desk closes, and the same inflated rates.)

PS: When I go Gunnison with my ex-, she wears a thong... Cuts down on drive-bys like you would not believe, compared to the days when she was nude.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/22/2012 :  7:19:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, where is everyone this summer? Very quiet on here. Hope that means you're all at your favorite nude spot soaking up the sun.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/23/2012 :  02:22:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Could be that everyone is at the beach, instead of just talking about it... What a summer we're having!

We just put in 3 90-ish days ourselves last week. Had a great time. The water was amazing. Ran into a few friends from years past, and didn't have many gawker/noise issues at all.

The only bump in the road was a pair of stumpy men (Central Americans?) wearing trunks, who cruised into a group of couples and proceeded to walk around while carrying their cell phones, as though they anticipated an imminent call from their sickly mothers.Naturally, I smelled a rat, so I decided to wander alongside and stare at THEM.

Clearly, no law prevented them from wandering around with cameras; likewise, no law prevented me from following them... At any rate, they got the message. They packed-up and moved on after maybe 5-10 minutes. It's not that hard to shame/intimidate these pests into buzzing off, and well worth the effort.

Overall, things seem more civil this year. A few families were present every day, and that was a good thing. I am not a huge fan of small children squealing and shrieking as a general rule, but in the context of them enjoying the waves, that soundtrack just adds to the fun atmosphere. And there are few sights more amusing than seeing a 3 year-old running away from a 6" wave in abject terror. :D

Cheers to all; hope to see you at the beach next week.

Edited by - Fishman81 on 07/23/2012 02:27:14 AM

palmer
Forum Member

Posted - 07/25/2012 :  05:00:33 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The flies are the worst I have ever seen. What could be the cause of it?

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 07/26/2012 :  11:31:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by palmer

The flies are the worst I have ever seen. What could be the cause of it?

I think there have been a lot of days with westerly winds this year, blowing the flies from the bushes to the water.

kacinpa
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2012 :  08:00:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The wife and I are heading over this Sunday.

Thanks for the tip on the flies, had a few bugging us a few weeks ago, but it wasn't bad, we will be sure to bring the bug spray!

Along with us our son, our daughter and her husband are coming along for the ride, but they will be going to one of the textile beaches while we head on to Gunnison.

A question for the regulars to the Hook, any comments / reviews of the food / drink / atmosphere at the "Seagull's Nest" bar/restaurant at the "D" parking lot? The wife suggested we pick that as a spot for a bite to eat and a meeting spot for the ride home. Just wondering if it is halfway decent or just a tourist trap.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/27/2012 :  1:24:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've been to Gunnison 5 times already, and havent had any problems with flies. I guess it depends on both the day, and what type of body chemistry you have. One day I felt one, but I used Off and that was it. I know everyone has different things they use, so find what works best for you. No reason to let some bugs ruin your day nude. Of course, nothing in a can works on the 2 legged variety.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2012 :  12:13:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Maybe it would, if sprayed directly in his face..? Thanks for the idea!

We've seen (and felt) more flies this year than ever before. I would guess that we've had significant fly-issues for at least half of our 20 or so days there so far.

Perhaps that has something to do with a freakishly warm Spring. There have been days when they arrived from the dunes via a West wind in droves, not just in ones and twos.

They say Avon's Skin-So-Soft is a good repellent, but I prefer to murder them en-masse with my trusty fly-swatter. (Probably could use that thing on the gawkers, too... And I know just where to whack 'em!)

Edited by - Fishman81 on 07/28/2012 12:23:32 AM

rickvt

Posted - 07/28/2012 :  9:14:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There have been a number of print and TV stories on how the hot weather has resulted in major increases in the insect and other pests population this year...

kacinpa
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2012 :  12:00:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We had a great day at Gunnison today. The weather wasn't the greatest, but it only actually rained for about 5 minutes, and it was very light drizzle at that. After around 1:30 or so the sun finally came out ant it was beautiful, and the threat of weather scared away most folks, so the beach was pretty sparse.

We really enjoyed ourselves today and...only had one black fly "bug" us for a few minutes.

All in all a wonderful day.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.77 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved