Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 133 ]  [ Total: 133 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

palmer
Forum Member

Posted - 07/31/2012 :  07:18:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just read an article about the female flies being so bent on getting blood from us for protein used in egg laying that they ignore pesticide. It was ridiculous. My wife refuses to go back.

ChuckG

Posted - 08/01/2012 :  11:05:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Try using baby oil on the legs, seems that the flies hate it, might land for a second but take right off.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/01/2012 :  12:20:35 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
for the younger folks.
http://www.vitanuda.com/northeast/

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2012 :  11:13:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by palmer

I just read an article about the female flies being so bent on getting blood from us for protein used in egg laying that they ignore pesticide. It was ridiculous. My wife refuses to go back.

We had an East wind both Monday and Tuesday, and didn't see a single fly, even when we set up way back in the dunes... That seems to be the crucial factor.

(BTW, if you have a link for that article, I'd love to read it.)

Edited by - Fishman81 on 08/01/2012 11:14:05 PM

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/02/2012 :  12:24:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Balto Bob

for the younger folks.
http://www.vitanuda.com/northeast/

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

Interesting link.

Guess you could call that group "ageist", but even though I don't fit their demographic, it's easy to understand why younger people might want to segregate themselves away from the ridiculous, old, fat, clueless morons that pester them relentlessly at Gunnison. (All of them old men, BTW.)

More power to the next generation.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  7:45:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Today had to be a record setting day at Gunnison. I might have seen more clothed people there than I have ever have in 17 years of nudism. Not just men, either. At one point I was surrounded by 5 different groups, none of which took anything off. Why are you here? I do understand it is a clothing optional beach, but what you're doing is not the option. lol Sandy Hook has plenty of beaches for wearing suits. I'm thinking more for the parking spaces lost because these people want to look, and not partake. Also set a tent record, all set up within 75 yards of the shore line. Tents belong in the woods, not on a beach.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2012 :  04:26:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I share your curiosity as to why female people would make that long slog to Gunnison, and stay clothed, when there are many other more-easily accessible areas to wear swimwear... (It's not so much a mystery why the men do it, of course.)

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 08/05/2012 :  4:01:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BARENJGUY33

At one point I was surrounded by 5 different groups, none of which took anything off. Why are you here?

I've seen some of that too including a few days ago when there were two women sitting at the water with their bathing suits on. What the heck is going through their minds? I'm wondering if maybe these clothed people come to avoid being around small kids because there aren't many children at Gunnison. That's understandable because go to a textile beach and some kids can be awfully annoying. Parents just don't watch them like they should. But then, looking across the clothed portion at Gunnison I don't recall seeing many kids over there either. So why don't these textile people go over there? Well, maybe some of them don't know that there is a clothed section of beach at Gunnison. So when we see these groups of people sitting with their clothes on, maybe we should just inform them kindly that there is a clothed portion of beach right over there, just in case they would like to know!

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  02:00:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nice post; you made some good points.

I like seeing families at Gunnison, but I also like the fact that the place is not over-run with kids... (Unless you count the ever-present middle- and old-aged men who never made the social jump beyond perpetual adolescence, and they are far more obnoxious than actual kids.)

Edited by - Fishman81 on 08/06/2012 02:01:48 AM

RnRBandit

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  2:11:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Extremely fit athletic male looking for female partner to share nothing more than a towel and some sun at the beach. =)))) Married ok....Send me a private message if interested..

palmer
Forum Member

Posted - 08/13/2012 :  02:30:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

I share your curiosity as to why female people would make that long slog to Gunnison, and stay clothed, when there are many other more-easily accessible areas to wear swimwear... (It's not so much a mystery why the men do it, of course.)

Like I said a few pages ago... some women come to look.

Glad to see that those disgusting flies are gone.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2012 :  03:21:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
IMO, very few women are there to look, but the flies are still very much around...

Did a bunch of research on a slow day at work, and I'm convinced that they're "stable flies". They are so named because they tend to torment livestock, and even cause weight loss among the critters as a result of their blood-sucking ways. (Haven't noticed that among the humans at Gunnison so far.:)

They are reportedly as bad or worse than they are in NJ around the Great Lakes, though I can't say I've seen them at all on my recent trips to beaches on Lakes Michigan and Superior.

We're going down again on Sunday for a few days, and we'll be packing baby oil, since the DEET repellants weren't very effective. Hope that works, since the winds are expected to be Westerly all week.

More importantly, we'll be armed with brand new fly-swatters... It's well worth whacking your own ankles, just to see them die a violent death!

BeachCouple38
Forum Member

Posted - 08/22/2012 :  9:16:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't believe how much time and effort these people put into assembling their tents and wind screens. Over an hour for one guy who put up a tent and wind screens on each side of the tent. We were waiting for the crowd that this must have been built for but the whole 50 person, 30 yard wide sprawling complex was just for him. Unbelievable. It wouldn't bother me so much if it was assembled in the back or even middle of the beach, but this monstrosity was set up front blocking paths and views of the water. There were several other tent complexes. They really don't belong at the front of the beach.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/23/2012 :  01:09:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That guy was fishing for company, no doubt...

Is the entire beach open now, BTW? No doubt the plovers are through procreating for the year.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 09/07/2012 :  02:40:34 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
To reply to my own question, the entire beach is open to mere people now, and it's probably a mile long.(We were there in late August, and saw it first-hand.)If you want to be apart from the gawkers and wind-screens, you need only walk a bit to the South...

And there is absolutely no reason to put-up with Looky-Lous when you're way off by yourselves, so just don't!

Edited by - Fishman81 on 09/07/2012 02:44:06 AM

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.28 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved