Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 164 ]  [ Total: 164 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  6:46:27 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was there today, BeachCouple. Looks like I picked the right day to go. Bathrooms are open, and the showers are working again. The beach is a bit more open now, they have taken down some of the ropes to allow more room on the beach. The dunes are still off limits, and you still cant go past the stop sign on the south end, and not much more past the clothed area to the north. Was a very good sized crowd, pretty much what I figured for a long holiday weekend. Water had some waves today, but is still a bit on the colder side. Should be fine in a week or two. Everyone seemed very well behaved, and even the wind cooperated. Was a bit out of the west when I arrived around 9, but switched to off the ocean, so the flies never were an issue. If every day were like today, it will be a great summer. :)

BeachCouple38
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  9:41:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I assume the Mobe mats are back. Just wish they were longer. That walk to the bathrooms seems like a mile. It would be great if they put a porta potty or two by the beach snack stand.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  1:05:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes the mats are back, but the boardwalk is gone. Not sure if they removed it before the storm, or it got washed away. There is no snack stand on the beach. I was down in late Sept. last year, and it was taken down by then. Again, not sure if they remove it for the off season, or in case a storm does come. While I agree a porta potty would help, the smell on a hot day would make it unbearable. Just have to gut it up and walk back to the bathrooms.

BeachCouple38
Forum Member

Posted - 07/06/2013 :  5:16:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They could put the porta potty in the wind screen section.lol I don't think there is any drift of odor from a porta potty. Maybe within a few feet, thats all.

tubby
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2013 :  12:26:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looks like you folks at Gunnison will have some extra guests this coming weekend.

http://misslolashousebeachparty.com/

This group used to hold their event at Lighthouse Beach, but it looks like they are relocating due to our unfortunate loss of clothing optional use of Lighthouse Beach.

Good Luck!

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2013 :  01:37:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
What exactly does Lola's party entail..? Is "she" going to bring Lighthouse's problems to Gunnison, IYO?

Edited by - Fishman81 on 07/08/2013 01:39:04 AM

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2013 :  08:38:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can see the rangers breaking this thing up real fast, as well as the regulars NOT putting up with what seems to be a loud and a bit out of control group of partiers. Not sure who Miss Lola is, but she better be ready for lots of Gunnison people that WILL defend what we call our beach.

BeachCouple38
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2013 :  9:10:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The beach is huge. Surely we shouldn't be bothered by a group of party people. Just don't sit near them. Just like everyone else if they don't follow the rules they will be forced to leave. Should be interesting to see how this one plays out.

tubby
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2013 :  11:47:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

What exactly does Lola's party entail..? Is "she" going to bring Lighthouse's problems to Gunnison, IYO?

I'm not sure what problems your talking about. From what I read on this forum it sounds like you guys have more problems than we have had in the recent past at Lighthouse.

Lola's group was OK. They pretty much did their own thing. Just expect there to be several hundred extra people. They were entertaining nonetheless. At Lighthouse they would take up a section and keep to themselves, but they were welcoming to us regulars who wandered down to see what they were up to.

Just be prepared for a few hundred extra people on what sounds like an already busy beach.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/09/2013 :  02:14:25 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The problem would be getting Gunnison shut-down as well, right..?

Personally, I have no issues with discreet sex on ANY beach (been there, done that), but a full-blown Bacchanalia isn't going to fly at Gunnison; the rangers will be all over that scene, and they will make arrests.

According to the official statement from the NPS, things were getting out-of-hand at Lighthouse, thus the move to "textile" designation.

I don't want to see that happen at Gunnison. If Lola and her crew plan to act-out, I hope like hell that they arrive too late to find any parking!

Edited by - Fishman81 on 07/09/2013 02:16:02 AM

tubby
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  01:26:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

According to the official statement from the NPS, things were getting out-of-hand at Lighthouse, thus the move to "textile" designation.

The situation at Lighthouse is politically motivated. Behavior of beach users was just one of several different reasons for the move to deny C.O. use of the beach.

Without getting too long winded let me lay out some of the key issues.

1. The new Chief Ranger seems to be personally morally opposed to nude sunbathing and beach recreation.

2. Fire Island is a National Seashore. The mission of a National Seashore is first and foremost to protect the natural state and progression of the ecosystem. Visitor use and recreation take a back seat to protecting the environment. Gunnison and Sandy Hook are part of Gateway National Recreation area. The primary goal of a National Recreation area is to facilitate visitors and various modes of recreation. Preserving the natural environment is also an important goal, but usually doesn't supersede recreation.

3. Funding is the big issue. I think this is the real underlying reason for the ban on nudity. You guys have the staff and the parking and the funding from the parking to sustain an acceptable beach experience. Gunnison has flush toilets and lifeguards. None of that exists at Lighthouse Beach. No Lifeguards, limited bathroom facilities, and just a small handful of rangers to patrol the entire seashore. Now with this dumb federal sequester, they are down a few more Ranger positions.

The sad thing is, that even despite the effort of one of the beach user groups, the attendance is way down this year. The FINS officials got exactly what they wanted, and that is a couple thousand less people to have to patrol and manage at the height of the summer beach season.

If you guys are concerned that Gunnison Beach may be next on the chopping block, you should really help us out. We need letters written to US senators and congress reps supporting clothing optional use of Fire Island beaches.

Check out this directive from NAC. They have all th details and what they need us members of the naturist community to do.

http://naturistaction.org/fiis

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/12/2013 :  01:44:13 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I got the same impression from the woman who runs the show there. It almost seems that she was looking for a reason to shut-down Lighthouse on the basis of her personal tastes.

Anyway, good post, and thank you. I'll write them, FWIW.

Our American society is so hopelessly silly.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2013 :  01:06:33 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sent the head-honcho of the NPS an email last night, and I strongly encourage all Gunnison-goers to do the same.

I would suggest that you be polite, but firm... Gunnison might well be the next CO beach to be closed-down.

We can't let the reactionary element in our government decide for us what we find acceptable. Please take a minute and exercise your democratic right to be heard.

tubby
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2013 :  01:32:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you for supporting us.

quote:

Sent the head-honcho of the NPS an email...and I strongly encourage all Gunnison-goers to do the same.

I would suggest that you be polite, but firm... Gunnison might well be the next CO beach to be closed-down.

We can't let the reactionary element in our government decide for us what we find acceptable. Please take a minute and exercise your democratic right to be heard.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2013 :  01:44:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Man, I'm happy to do what little I can...

This country has been in reverse-mode since Dubya was gifted his first presidency, and the vocal minority is still running the show right now.

America is back-tracking in many ways, and we should all remind the suits as to who is supposed to be running this country of ours.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.42 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved