Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 161 ]  [ Total: 161 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  03:07:49 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, the bathrooms were up and running a couple of weeks ago, but were down again last week. Maybe all the rain overwhelmed them?

Just to comment on the windscreen thing yet again; I really haven't found it to be much of a problem. Mind you, I rarely set mine up, but the sea-breeze can turn a warm day cold in an instant. We set-up right at the high-tide mark to avoid our view being obstructed, and it's worked-out fine in that regard.

I prefer them to the gawkers, myself... At least the people who are sequestered inside windscreens aren't wandering around like zombies and staring at close range at your companion's genitals.

Those idiots are the lowest form of Human life.

Edited by - Fishman81 on 06/24/2013 03:11:26 AM

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  11:48:16 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Gateway National Recreation Area
Please be aware that the restrooms at North Beach. Gunnison, and Lot E are not functioning due to sewer line issues. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

Big John
Forum Member

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  3:52:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Greetings All,

I've been a nudist my whole life. alone. at home.
On vacations I've swam nude on an empty beach and loved it. I finally want to try a visit to Gunnison.

My beautiful wife is not a nudist and isn't interested in going (she might, but..)

My problem? I want to visit on a weekday but I don't want to be seen as an old fat gawker. Because I AM old and fat. I just want to enjoy the beach, the sun on my skin, the freedom of being in the ocean....you know.

What can I do to not be ostracized by you regulars? I'm certainly not looking to "hook up", I'm a grower not a shower, but I would like to play volleyball, throw a frisbee or something.

Oh....and how do you deal with sunscreen? I mean it isn't harmful to apply it "everywhere"? when you need another application, do you go to the restroom? etc??
I'm not an outgoing guy, I'll be embarrassed,how does someone who's alone put sunscreen on their back?!

Advice? Help??

Edited by - Big John on 06/24/2013 4:38:43 PM

palmer
Forum Member

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  5:10:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Don't worry about what other people think about you, Big John... Go ahead and enjoy yourself! A lot of the folks on the beach are suspicious of any single man on the beach anyways... That's not gonna change. When I was single sometimes I would come to Gunnison with a woman or two and everyone was chatty. But if I came alone on the following visit I was practically invisible. That's why me and my wife are friendly, but we kinda stick to ourselves.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 06/24/2013 :  6:51:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Big John, trust me, not many will care if you're a single guy there, unless you draw some strange attention to yourself. Just go, set up where you feel comfortable, and enjoy the day nude. I've been doing that for years, more often than not alone. Just so you know, your wife doesn't have to take anything off. It is clothing OPTIONAL, not nude. As far as sunscreen is concerned, apply it where and when you need it. Its something we all use there, and use it ALL over. As far as putting it on your back, you're on your own there. Do the best you can, and make sure you don't face away from the sun, so your back doesn't get burnt. Oh, and don't rely on the bathrooms for anything this summer. Still having issues there.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  01:46:38 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing wrong with being old and fat, Big John, but I would suggest that you not:

1. Show-up, survey the beach carefully, park yourself in front of some teenage girls, and then stare at their genitals.

2. Meander around all day as though you were lost, while passing as closely as possible to every woman on the beach.

3. Strike-up inane conversations with any of the above.

Having been there on my own dozens of times, I would suggest that you go right to the water's edge and set-up looking out over the sea. Bring a book or a crossword puzzle, swim frequently, and enjoy the sun and the water, but don't impose yourself on any young women who are just there to get a nice tan and relax... I can't tell you how often these girls have complained to me about how older guys have ruined their day with their persistent BS.

Big John
Forum Member

Posted - 06/25/2013 :  09:22:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

Nothing wrong with being old and fat, Big John, but I would suggest that you not:

1. Show-up, survey the beach carefully, park yourself in front of some teenage girls, and then stare at their genitals.

2. Meander around all day as though you were lost, while passing as closely as possible to every woman on the beach.

3. Strike-up inane conversations with any of the above.

Having been there on my own dozens of times, I would suggest that you go right to the water's edge and set-up looking out over the sea. Bring a book or a crossword puzzle, swim frequently, and enjoy the sun and the water, but don't impose yourself on any young women who are just there to get a nice tan and relax... I can't tell you how often these girls have complained to me about how older guys have ruined their day with their persistent BS.

Yeah, I'll try to remember that. Then again, I think I'll just stay nude at home.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  01:17:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Didn't mean to sound like a jerk, but it's amazing to me how many old, fat, men do just what I described.

When some guy close-in-age to the woman in question tries to strike-up a conversation, that is a natural thing... But AARP-guys hitting on girls in their 20's is completely ridiculous.

Edited by - Fishman81 on 06/27/2013 01:25:09 AM

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  4:51:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Heres my report on a less than sunny day at Gunnison. The bathrooms are still down, and the area for the pipers is still roped off. Only one lifeguard stand was set up today, but a small crowd made that a non-issue. One of the smallest and quietest crowds I have seen in many years, despite a small chance of rain. Water was pretty frigid when I first went in, but got used to it quick. The wind was out of the west ALL day, and of course, that brings the little green headed monsters out. It was like a group meeting on my legs a few times. They would come and go in waves, but thankfully only twice while I was there. Everyone was pretty well behaved. A volleyball game broke out when someone brought their own net. I'm still amazed at how much people bring to Gunny. I do seem to notice a new trend. Groups of younger aged adults, late teens to early 20's, are showing up in groups of 6 or larger, but not for the intention of being there. No one in any of the groups took anything off. Now, on a day like today, its not a big deal since the crowd was small. But, if it was a sunny day, leave the parking spots, and places on the sand for us nudies. Hope this was just a one time thing, or because the other beaches, while open, are not guarded.

BeachCouple38
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2013 :  10:09:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Too bad they don't have rules like some beaches in Europe. If you are not nude you are asked to leave the nude beach. I think if a group remains clothed and is there to just gawk we should all stare and let out some loud clearing of the throat noises.lol

Edited by - BeachCouple38 on 06/26/2013 10:11:47 PM

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/27/2013 :  01:36:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I wouldn't mind seeing that rule imposed, but maybe it wouldn't help matters much... Most of the more obnoxious gawkers always go naked. (Come to think of it, I'd actually prefer that they'd be wearing overalls.)

The young people who come and stay in their suits are a bit mysterious to me, but they don't seem to be there to interact with us older folks. (Maybe they just want to tell their friends that they went to a nude beach, or something..?)

Edited by - Fishman81 on 06/27/2013 01:42:23 AM

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 06/27/2013 :  1:53:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree, some type of rule about going nude, or just topless for women having that moment of the month, would keep them away. The last group that showed up before I left was a dozen late teen mix of guys and gals, all latin. They stood there for 5 minutes trying to figure out where to sit, and the girls were insistent about not being close to the naked people. I purposely waited to see where they would set up. It was approx. about where the snack stand would be, or just beyond. And, in the 15 minutes I watched, no one took anything off other than what was covering their bathing suits. They would be swarmed on a busy weekend, and have no place to set up.

BeachCouple38
Forum Member

Posted - 06/27/2013 :  7:32:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd be curious to see if that group would come back. Probably a one time thing. Something they did just out of curiosity. There are many beaches to go to, no need for them to come back if they are not interested in nudism.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/28/2013 :  01:21:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'm fine with anyone who shows-up there, clothed or not, as long as they practice a little decorum.

Those curious groups of young people who stay at a respectful distance are FAR FAR preferable to the old, fat, naked male buffoons who foist themselves upon every attractive woman on the beach at close range.

Kudos to the younger generation on this one!

Edited by - Fishman81 on 06/28/2013 01:23:47 AM

BeachCouple38
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2013 :  6:32:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Has anyone been to the beach in the last few days. Any updates?

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.28 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved