Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 468 ]  [ Total: 468 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  4:27:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Sully and Revampd, There is no "official" date when the beach opens, but the life guards don't go on duty till Memorial Day weekend, and work till Labor Day. You can go any time, but it is at your own risk. I'm not sure when season passes go on sale, and where, but they are always a better option if you go more than 5 times in a summer. Can't tell you the last time I didn't have a season pass. I figure there may be a nice day or two come April, but I usually head down in May, so I'll keep an eye out for you. Enjoy, Bare NJ

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  5:50:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, it is true there is no official opening date. However in the springtime, there might be cold breezes off the ocean; although it may be warm at home. Come prepared and pack a sweat shirt.

Naturally, Catbird

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 02/14/2009 :  5:50:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, it is true there is no official opening date. However in the springtime, there might be cold breezes off the ocean; although it may be warm at home. Come prepared and pack a sweat shirt.

Naturally, Catbird

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  01:27:28 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hell,there are cold breezes off the ocean in August,sometimes!Sandy Hook's climate can be completely different than that of an area just a couple of miles inland.Windscreens are worth the bother on many days,and especially in the very early- and late-season.

Sully
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  06:30:42 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good Morning all !!

Well if it's a bit on the cool side JoAnn, I'll just turn it into a jogging day and go for a 6-8 mile run. Each time I was there I jogged (wear thongs for that, more stability down there !) to the clothes section (heading S of course) and back.

Wonder how far that is both ways, close to a mile possibly ??? The sand makes it feel like double the work/double the distance !!

The actual macadom jog/walk path that goes up most the island, anyone know how far that is if you do a loop?

So this really is the largest/most popular nude beach in the USA ??

Fishman or whoever ........Where do I buy those windscreens in the early part of season ? They avaible on the net somewhere?

BARENJGUY33, how much are season passes ?

Man, all of you are from Jersey, I have a 110 mile ride to get there but still, that would be considered still quite close being there are not many others around.

Jo Ann, you live in the Jersy devil area, you know, the "creature" that lurks in the swamps, ever see it ? In the 80's I used to ride at a motocross track in Blakwood and still on occassion go to the Off Road park down there.

I took my motorcycle here the 1st time, anyone have a bike ?

So if you see this bike (pretty bright, can't see how you can miss it!) or a tan Accord wagon (pretty rare) early in the season,
ya know I'm there!

Edited by - Sully on 02/17/2009 7:02:41 PM

Sully
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  07:14:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by catbird

Naturally, Catbird

Since they officially don't open till June, does that mean they don't clean/grade the beach till then? It was a mess in October once closed.

Are there any decent cheap motels near by ?

What about good restuarants/bars to have a Martini at once evening hits ? I don't drink beer much, takes too many to get a buzz and I get too bloated from them. Got to keep my flat stomach in shape

Edited by - Sully on 02/15/2009 07:32:00 AM

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  09:37:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sully

quote:
Originally posted by catbird

Naturally, Catbird

Since they officially don't open till June, does that mean they don't clean/grade the beach till then? It was a mess in October once closed.

Are there any decent cheap motels near by ?

What about good restuarants/bars to have a Martini at once evening hits ? I don't drink beer much, takes too many to get a buzz and I get too bloated from them. Got to keep my flat stomach in shape

Yep, that what it means. They don’t clean or grade the beach until Memorial Day weekend, maybe a little earlier.

As for a cheap motel nearby, there is the Fairbanks in Sea Girt. http://www.fairbanksresort.com/

It’s ok, but not too cheap during the “season”.

As for a Martini, that’s a gamble. Do you like a Gin Martini or a James Bond Vodka Martini? Either one, the Fairbanks also has a decent, not great restaurant right out front. They do have a bar and can take orders somewhat directly. The restaurant is more Portuguese in cuisine. And not too bad at that.

Then again, you can always mix your very own Martini.

“Shaken, not stirred,” or “PUT THE DAMN DRINK IN A CLEAN GLASS!”

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  09:45:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Duh, I almost forgot, the RT 36 bridge is UNDER MAJOR RE-CONSTRUCTION!

The traffic on the weekend is terrible if you want to go back on RT 36. Personally, I go straight towards Long Branch, use my GPS and take the long way around to get back on the highway. It is a bit of a trip and there could be traffic this alternate way too.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  10:35:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Season passes have been $50.00 for the past few years, haven't heard of any increase in the price for this upcoming season. I wouldn't be surprised if it did go up, with the way things are now. I know you can purchase one at the entrance once the season has started, but not sure where to get one before. Does anyone know if they sell them at the ranger station located on Sandy Hook? If I can get down there before Memorial Day weekend, I'd like to get one.

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2009 :  11:06:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was there in early May last year and the condition of the beach was fine... the weather was good too. My advice, if you have the chance to get out there, and we have a sunny warm day... go for it.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2009 :  02:04:56 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sully

Good Morning all !!

Well if it's a bit on the cool side JoAnn, I'll just turn it into a jogging day and go for a 6-8 mile run. Each time I was there I jogged (wear thongs for that, more stability down there !) to the clothes section (heading S of course) and back.

Wonder how far that is both ways, close to a mile possibly ??? The sand makes it feel like double the work/double the distance !!

Fishman or whoever ........Where do I buy those windscreens in the early part of season ? They avaible on the net somewhere?

Man, all of you are from Jersey, I have a 110 mile ride to get there but still, that would be considered still quite close being there are not many others around.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v253/huffa/DSC04665.jpg [/img]

Sully,the distance from the northern end of Gunnison to the next warning sign to the south(the border of Fishing Beach)is right at one mile.It's a nice run,back and forth.I never go there without doing that.

And not all of us Gunnison-lovers reside in The Garden State!We have a 4-5 hour drive from Central NY,and still we manage many trips per season.

And as far as the RT.36 bridge,we haven't had a problem heading north after a beach day,but we stay until dark.The traffic out is hellish during the late afternoon,especially on a weekend day.At dusk,it's a piece of cake.

Sully
Forum Member

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  03:44:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for all the great info everyone!

See you soon !!!

OH, one more ? ....Which section is the gay part, because I'm not gay and prefer the normal section and don't want to be "bothered" at all from them.

Well, I don't mind talkong to them, just don't want to be hit on like I'm looking for a male partner.

Would that be the south end ?

I never realized there was a "section" until I read it on here.

Edited by - Sully on 02/20/2009 1:34:49 PM

jmg33188
Forum Member

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  2:05:33 PM  Show Profile  Visit jmg33188's Homepage  Send jmg33188 an AOL message  Send jmg33188 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
How far is Gunnison's beach from Long Island? I live near Robert Moses but have wanted to take a trip there.

Revampd
Forum Member

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  3:19:44 PM  Show Profile  Send Revampd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Sully,

I believe that the south end of the beach is where gay men tend to congregate more. That would be walking to the right as you face the water once you actually got on the beach. When you get there you'll see a lifeguard stand as you walk out onto the beach along with some volleyball nets. There will be a large crowd of people right in that area and this is where you want to go... just straight out from the walkway. Can't miss it. See you there... as soon as it warms up!

JoAnn

"How does one become a butterfly?" she asked pensively.
"You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

Sully
Forum Member

Posted - 02/20/2009 :  4:36:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jmg33188

How far is Gunnison's beach from Long Island? I live near Robert Moses but have wanted to take a trip there.

Here ya go ..........

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1c=Fort+Hancock&1s=NJ&1y=US&1l=40.463902&1g=-74.003098&1v=CITY&2c=Robert+Moses+S.P.&2s=NY&2y=US&2l=40.625236&2g=-73.277397&2v=CITY

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.33 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved