Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 476 ]  [ Total: 476 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

calmnude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/26/2004 :  4:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
devilgurl,

hang out with the regular naturist groups that are there.

as it is at most nude beaches, the naturist group is protective, will keep the pervs from bothering you, and you will make new friends.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 04/27/2004 :  02:59:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum MyopicVisionary, I am with you, bring on summer!

Kim =^.^=

twabo

Posted - 05/02/2004 :  11:36:34 AM  Show Profile  Send twabo a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am so glad summer is here also. I love the warm weather. I agree with the advice given above with respect to rude behavior. If someone is making you feel uncomfortable you should tell them. I have seen this work on a number of occassions. The person is usually embarrassed and will leave you alone. The lifeguards are also very friendly and will galdly help you. Gunnson is such a great nudist beach, it is a shame to see it get a bad reputation from the actions of a small few. Hope to see you guys out there this summer. On another note, has anyone been to assateague on the Maryland side of the park? I have heard it is a unnofficial nude beach. Thanks

Laura
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2004 :  12:04:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was there on Friday. It was a little on the cool side.

Laura

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/03/2004 :  03:45:42 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum twabo. Your right, it is the action of a few that ruins it for everyone else.

Kim =^.^=

twabo

Posted - 05/05/2004 :  12:17:54 AM  Show Profile  Send twabo a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Kim. Really enjoy this site. Great information on every possible nudist issue and then some.

I am hoping to get to sandy hook this weekend for the firts time this year. Can't wait. It is supposed to be close to 80 degrees. Laura, it should be warmer then last friday. Anyone else going?

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/05/2004 :  03:15:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Glad you enjoy the site twabo, its a great bunch of people here. There seems to be a big crowd from this site that lives pretty close to Sandy Hook. Seems like it is a very popular beach. Hope it is warm enough for you to go this weekend.

Kim =^.^=

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 05/08/2004 :  10:31:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have not had the chance to go to Sandy Hook yet this season. Looking forward to visiting Gunnison's this summer again.

irishred

twabo

Posted - 05/09/2004 :  11:02:36 PM  Show Profile  Send twabo a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Unfortunately, the weather did not cooperate on Saturday, and Sunday being Mother's day, Gunnison was not in the cards this weekend. Hopefully, I will be able to go sometime soon. The excitment of being nude and at the beach is growing stronger.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/10/2004 :  03:39:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was actually sunny here for mother's day, 65F. It is still rather cool for the beach, I just imagine it's over anticipation!

Kim =^.^=

Fuzz

Posted - 05/11/2004 :  1:37:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I and my fiance went to Gunnison last summer for the first time and loved it. It was our first time at a nude beach and we were pleasantly surprised at how easy and natural we felt. No one bothered us, although there were plenty of single guys around keeping a 360 degree lookout.
The only guy I saw with binoculars was with a woman. There was some mild overt sexual conduct going on around us - mostly massaging with suntan oil - but nothing bothersome or offensive. We are going again Memorial day weekend and are greatly looking foward to it. The area has inexpensive lodging and some good restaurants. People who think nude sunbathing is weird don't know what they're missing. See you at the beach!

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/12/2004 :  03:43:01 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum Fuzz, glad you and your wife enjoyed Gunnison's beach.

Kim =^.^=

jeffb

Posted - 05/12/2004 :  11:56:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great forum...but I must say I have a hard time understanding how so many people can overlook the bad behavior of so many visitors to Gunnison. I've been visiting Gunnison off and on for several years because it's a beautiful beach and it's convenient to where I live (I mostly go to Robert Moses, however, which I find more beautiful and where the perv ratio -- while not nonexistent -- is much lower than Sandy Hook).

Although my family regularly frequents nude beaches, I won't bring my kids to Gunnison. Ironically, my biggest gripe isn't necessarily with the pervs (there are tons of gawkers and "lurkers" but at least there is relatively little overt sexual activity in the busier part of the beach) -- it's actually with some of the "regulars".

It seems that whenever I've visited Gunnison, it is often the case that a group of loud, cigarette-smoking, beer-drinking "regulars" (no tan lines) sets up a small windscreen-encircled campground nearby my towel. It seems these folks have little regards for their neighbors who are seeking a peaceful and relaxing day. Worse still, the conversation topics (which everyone within 100 feet can hear) invariably seem to turn towards the profane or sexually explicit. I guess they figure that their windscreens keep their conversations private.

Obviously, there are plenty of kind, decent, considerate people who use Gunnison, many of whom are regulars. But their good behavior (and intentions) are all too easily overshadowed by the loudmouths.

My point here is that although every nude beach in the U.S. has its issues with inappropriate behavior, in my view, Gunnison has more problems than most and attracts a "low class" clientele...by "low class" I'm not referring to economic status but rather to obnoxious, inconsiderate and offensive behavior. For people in Central NJ, there aren't a lot of alternatives, unfortunately. For New Yorkers, Fire Island is a much better bet.

For the very rich, there's always St. Barths...

AinNY
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2004 :  1:57:59 PM  Show Profile  Send AinNY an AOL message  Send AinNY a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
HI ALL...

This is my first post here....great forum

I have never been to Gunnison but I'm looking forward to it.

My only nude experience was with my girlfriend at the time at halouver beach in Miami...great beach...had an excellent time. There were gawkers there too...but its understandable as my ex-gf is a model(she only went bottomless anyway so it wasnt that noticeable).

I plan on going to Gunnison as much as possible this summer. Depending on how often I can find people to go with me. So far the only willing participant is an old friend of mine. She will be going with me this Sunday if the weather is right. Looking forward to it I hate these tan lines

My only issue is that it seems to be an older crowd(no offense) at these beaches..I'm 25. Anyone around the tri-state in that age range plan on going anytime soon? Would anyone like some company? I dont mind going alone...but enjoy the beach much more with other people around.

Keep up the great forum

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/20/2004 :  05:13:30 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the forum jeffb and AinNY. Glad you enjoy and get to the nude beach. I think the same can be said of a lot of public beaches too. We stopped off at the Red Neck Rivera on our way to Florida, and ran into the same kind of conditions, only the beach wasn't nude.

Kim =^.^=

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.49 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved