Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 229 ]  [ Total: 229 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

leesa123
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  8:29:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's nothing worse than driving 3 hrs and reading the lots are full! That happened to us last year on a sunday. We couldn't believe it. It had to be about 11 AM. Very hot day. We were so disappointed.

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  07:13:32 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The lots may have been full but there are places to park where you don't have to pay - could have walked to the beach...

quote:
Originally posted by leesa123

There's nothing worse than driving 3 hrs and reading the lots are full! That happened to us last year on a sunday. We couldn't believe it. It had to be about 11 AM. Very hot day. We were so disappointed.

PABiker
Forum Member

Posted - 02/23/2009 :  5:19:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have to travel 2 hours home as well, back to the poconos. I usually keep enough provisions in my cooler to keep me happy until around 6:30 pm. I have a quiet drive back up the GSP, 287, and 78. Yes, it's a long day, but as long as I'm driving that far I might as well make a day of it.

I can be found somewhere near the lifeguard stand on my beach chair with my nose buried in a book. I like to listen to some music quietly and relax in the sun. I'll be going to the local used bookstore soon for a few boxes full to carry me through the summer. If there are any planned get togethers I'll check my schedule. My wife and I spent Valentine's Day weekend at Avalon Resort and met some great couples. We always make new friends at nudist destinations. It's amazing how much more open people are to talk to strangers at nude resorts and beaches.

Sully
Forum Member

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  03:04:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nurserobin

The lots may have been full but there are places to park where you don't have to pay - could have walked to the beach...

[quote]Originally posted by leesa123

The free parking, is that on the other side of the bridge, I thought I read that on here a while back ?

If so and coming later in the day and I think other lots will be packed, woud it be smart to park there and bring bicycle and pedal to beach ?

Sully
Forum Member

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  03:10:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PABiker

I have to travel 2 hours home as well, back to the poconos. I usually keep enough provisions in my cooler to keep me happy until around 6:30 pm. I have a quiet drive back up the GSP, 287, and 78. Yes, it's a long day, but as long as I'm driving that far I might as well make a day of it.

I can be found somewhere near the lifeguard stand on my beach chair with my nose buried in a book. I like to listen to some music quietly and relax in the sun. I'll be going to the local used bookstore soon for a few boxes full to carry me through the summer. If there are any planned get togethers I'll check my schedule. My wife and I spent Valentine's Day weekend at Avalon Resort and met some great couples. We always make new friends at nudist destinations. It's amazing how much more open people are to talk to strangers at nude resorts and beaches.

I take it that's you on the bike (Harley?), you really look Amish in that picture

Maybe I'll see you there on my bike someday, I'm from PA (S of Poc's) too, you park in the motorcycle "lot" I assume?

Edited by - Sully on 02/24/2009 03:12:54 AM

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  11:34:27 PM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Leesa,just FYI,I have driven past temporary signs on the GSP that read "Sandy Hook Closed",only to ride right onto the Hook and find plenty of parking at Gunnison.They don't seem to keep that stuff current.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 02/24/2009 :  11:37:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jerseysomething

Catbird...

That's the way I go. If anyone wants detailed navigation... let me know. There are a few tricks.

I'm all ears,jerseysomething.I have considered that route before,but never tried it.There is a GSP exit onto 502,right?

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  05:37:18 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

quote:
Originally posted by jerseysomething

Catbird...

That's the way I go. If anyone wants detailed navigation... let me know. There are a few tricks.

Exit 105 GSP takes you into long branch or some little town rightthere, then a stright run down some main road, i think "joline" left on Rt 36, straight into the hook. It's a nice ride.

I'm all ears,jerseysomething.I have considered that route before,but never tried it.There is a GSP exit onto 502,right?

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  09:37:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was just doing some homework on what the season pass will be for the new year. Looks like they are going to leave it at $50.00 and $10.00 for a daily fee. I did come across some article that said it will be $60.00, but never found it mentioned again. It did state $50 on the National Park web site for Sandy Hook, so I'll trust that till I hear otherwise. Nice to know that we can keep a few dollars in our pockets, as long as we have pants on. lol

lovesthesun
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  8:29:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

Leesa - have you tried going during the week, particularly before noon? Weekends aren't worth it if you're driving that far. Gawkers are far worse on weekends as well although they seem to emerge after 3PM on weekdays.....

leesa123
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  10:36:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sure Have... They're as bad as the flies on most days. My boy friend keeps a watch out if I fall asleep, so the pests don't get too close. Shame. He never gets a break when we're their.

quote:
Originally posted by lovesthesun

quote:

Leesa - have you tried going during the week, particularly before noon? Weekends aren't worth it if you're driving that far. Gawkers are far worse on weekends as well although they seem to emerge after 3PM on weekdays.....

lovesthesun
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2009 :  10:42:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've heard some brave Gunnison enthusiasts set up tents on the beach in the Spring to get a jump on the season - anyone know if this is true (and, if so, if it's practical)?

billcnj

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  4:16:52 PM  Show Profile  Send billcnj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey all: This is my first year going to Gunnison. All I really want to do is enjoy my day and be left alone. I know I am a guy and more likely to happen, but will all the other elements both me? Any advice for a first timer I would appreciate.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  01:04:27 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

You know,there are some beaches in Europe that MANDATE nudity.If that was the rule at Gunnison,it would take care of at least half the gawkers.Many of those guys appear to be too insecure to get naked.

Some fine day,perhaps,people will be allowed to wear as much-or as little-as they care to on ANY beach...That would be an ideal situation,in my mind.

But right now,it would be nice to protect our turf by making it exclusively nude.

leesa123
Forum Member

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  6:26:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Fisherman,

Well said. I think if we all make a pack to stand up to the gawkers,and the people taking sneaky pictures, we will have less of a problem.

I love walking the beach and and meeting new people, but this makes it impossible. Tired of throwing on clothes where they're not required because some can't act civilized. I feel trapped into using a wind screen for every visit.

We are fortunate to have Gunnison, but it can ruin a good day at the beach.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.56 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved