Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 231 ]  [ Total: 231 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Sully
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  04:25:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When is the bridge construction supposed to be done ?

Also, Jersey drivers seem so much in a hurry, at least a lot more so then the area I'm from, I'm glad I don't have to deal with that driving style on a daily basis !

Some of the roads are really bad too, they seem to do road construction in a fashion then can create a danger, like rivers crossing the road, YES, that happened to me BECAUSE of construction, coulkd have easily hit something on motorcycle and go down, think that was on 287 near New Brunswick.

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  04:44:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sully

Also, Jersey drivers seem so much in a hurry, at least a lot more so then the area I'm from, I'm glad I don't have to deal with that driving style on a daily basis !

Some of the roads are really bad too, they seem to do road construction in a fashion then can create a danger, like rivers crossing the road, YES, that happened to me BECAUSE of construction, coulkd have easily hit something on motorcycle and go down, think that was on 287 near New Brunswick.

If I read this right: http://www.state.nj.us/transportation/commuter/roads/route36highlands/schedule.shtm

And I hope I didn’t, the bridge will be completed sometime in May, 2011

Sully
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  09:07:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by widowerman

quote:
Originally posted by Sully

If I read this right: http://www.state.nj.us/transportation/commuter/roads/route36highlands/schedule.shtm

And I hope I didn’t, the bridge will be completed sometime in May, 2011

Thanks, your right, 011 .....

Ya know, if they worked like they drove, it would be done at the end of this summer!

Edited by - Sully on 02/22/2009 09:08:05 AM

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  10:42:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There are alternate means to avoid the traffic. I plan to cut through Long Branch and have a straight run on RT 36. Both ways should be easier than waiting at all those traffic lights especially on the hills. I drive a manual 6 speed and those hills could be a regular pain.

If you MapQuest it there are plenty of ways in and out of Sandy Hook. Besides, the drive through Long Branch and Sea Bright is rather pleasant.

Revampd
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  10:50:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Revampd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey... all you guys coming from the north just need to wait at the bridge. Some of us, like "Jersey" and I come up from the south and enjoy the light traffic going toward Long Branch. Now you're gonna ruin it for us. We were trying to keep it a secret... thanks guys! (All tongue in cheek of course).

JoAnn

"How does one become a butterfly?" she asked pensively.
"You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  10:56:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Revampd

Hey... all you guys coming from the north just need to wait at the bridge. Some of us, like "Jersey" and I come up from the south and enjoy the light traffic going toward Long Branch. Now you're gonna ruin it for us. We were trying to keep it a secret... thanks guys! (All tongue in cheek of course).

JoAnn

"You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

Sorry JoAnn,

But I have GPS, Google Earth and a computer, and I’m not afraid to use any of it!
Just kidding, as in tongue in cheek…or wherever!

John

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  11:04:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll chime in about the traffic. I come from the north, and have yet to have a problem getting onto the hook from Rt. 36 south bound. Of course I arrive early any day I go down there, and haven't been there since Sept. From what I understand, it's getting off the hook that is the issue. No matter which direction you are going on Rt. 36. Looks like we'll have to just grin and bare it(pun intended,lol) till they have completed the construction. I do know several alternate routes for getting there, but will take at least an extra 10 minutes. Oh well, the things we do some our love of the sun. See you all there come summer.

Revampd
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  11:10:52 AM  Show Profile  Send Revampd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bare, you are right of course. I went pretty late in the season last year and it was on a weekday besides and because of the construction, getting off of the hook was, and is going to be the problem for everyone no matter going north or south after that. Boat... helicopter? Ah, the drive will always be worth it.

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  4:49:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There is also Route 520 through Red Bank and Rumson. I never have gone that way. According to the map, Route 520 makes some turns at intersections; therefore watch out lest you miss a turn.

I personally take Route 36 through Long Branch, because I am from the south.

Naturally, Catbird

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  5:27:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Catbird...

That's the way I go. If anyone wants detailed navigation... let me know. There are a few tricks.

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  5:58:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Catbird - we have been taking this route since the bridge trouble and actually find it far more enjoyable than straight down to the bridge - lots of beautiful estates to look at and actually has proven to take less time even with the turns due to far fewer traffic lights. Even when the bridge is fixed we'll continue going Route 520.

quote:
Originally posted by catbird

There is also Route 520 through Red Bank and Rumson. I never have gone that way. According to the map, Route 520 makes some turns at intersections; therefore watch out lest you miss a turn.

I personally take Route 36 through Long Branch, because I am from the south.

Naturally, Catbird

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  6:05:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
And now to add insult to injury in regards to our driving: http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/cars-trucks/daily-news/080523-The-Worst-Drivers-in-the-U-S-Live-in-/

This is in response to all asking about when “the Bridge” will be complete.

NJDOT says the old bridge was unsafe because…see the above article.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  7:00:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Revampd, if you have the boat, I'll pay the dock fee, and drive it. Might be the best solution, other than swimming in from lower Manhattan. I have heard that leaving after 5:00 might be the best option (not leaving earlier, thats a bad option). Most of the people from the other beaches have gone, and alot less traffic to deal with. Rare I do go on weekends, but do make the occasional Saturday trip down, so I might be there till the stars come out. Weekdays are always good, even Fridays. Let me know when you might be there, we'll chat.

Revampd
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  7:18:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Revampd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Bare,

Well, with a two hour drive south, leaving after 5:00 makes a pretty long day. Still, it might be the better choice especially, as you say, on the weekend. I'm thinking that I may not go down at all on weekends this year. I retired last year so most of my weekdays are free anyway.

I'll be looking forward to meeting you this summer. Having friends there to talk with will make staying later more appealing no doubt.

JoAnn

catbird
Forum Member

Posted - 02/22/2009 :  8:22:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Revampd,

I too am retired. I don't go there on weekends, because of the crowds. And besides on weekends you must get there early in order to get a parking place, unless you arrive after 2:30. The weekend traffic jams leaving is another reason.

Naturally, Catbird

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.39 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved