Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 155 ]  [ Total: 155 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  12:16:29 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by leesa123

We went for a long walk and planned on taking a few pictures to share with you all, but some loser walking around half nude was just interested in flashing us and others.

After we finally lost him we looked for the drift wood to take some pictures and wouldn't you know it, the loser was back. Setting up just about a yard or so by us.. The whole beach was vacant.

Why, why can't we go to a nude beach to relax? Not be followed and pestered?

Is there any way around this irritating problem?

I just say something to these dolts.It's happened only three times in many trips there,so I can quote myself accurately from memory:

1."Wow,subtlety is not your strong suit,is it?Would you mind very much moving off about a quarter-mile or so..?Or are you going to make US do it?"
2."You're in our space.And you're making my *wife* uncomfortable..."(Deliver that comment with a stern expression.)
3."Could you possibly be more obvious?What,those shells near my *wife's* feet are the finest on this entire peninsula,or something?"

All three worked liked charms.Those guys are born losers,anyway,and timid by nature.

Just as an aside,#3 was delivered to some guy who then feigned not to speak English,but he moved off,anyway.A couple of years later,I saw him there again,and he was nattering away on his cell in fluent English,and with a Jersey accent.TFF!

And,though I'm not married and never have been,note that I played the "wife" card.Have your BF do the same.It carries more social weight than "girlfriend" does.

Not that I condemn these bozos for anything other than a lack of decorum,mind you.No man,myself included,is a saint at any beach,CO or textile.It's only natural to notice a beautiful woman,after all.But the rule is to "look" straight ahead while angling one's eyes to the side at 90 degrees.(Wrap-around shades recommended.)

Edited by - Fishman81 on 03/09/2009 12:01:33 PM

Sully
Forum Member

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  04:49:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Leesa, all good ideas from Fishman81, here is another one.

Print a few of these up ... [link to gentleman's club deleted] .
... and just tell them that 20 minutes away or so they can stare/gawk at woman all they want but you don't appreciate it, then hand it to them.

How was the beach as far as ocean debri, was it fairly clean ?

Room to park ?

Edited by: Admin to delete link to adult material. Sully, read our posting rules here and here. Links to sites with adult images or services are not allowed in this forum.

Edited by - Sully on 03/09/2009 05:35:11 AM

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  11:17:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was sitting home yesterday wondering which of us the regular posters here would take the plunge (so to speak), and head over to Gunnison. It did seem warm enough to at least make the trip, and check things out. I also am not surprised there was some idiot walking around showing off. I came close to ripping a few last summer, but decided they weren't worth the effort, or my temper. Got to wonder what these guys are like at home. Any way, Leesa, how was the bridge? I haven't heard anything in a while about how far the construction has gone. Just one side, or have they started rebuiling? If I have a free weekend and some nice days, I am going to make the trip myself.

Jasieu
Forum Member

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  3:42:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes Leesa how was the bridge? The weather this weekend made me want to be at Gunnison

***POW/MIA You Are Not Forgotten***

Jasieu
Forum Member

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  4:46:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
How well do those beach totes with the oversized tires work? I need to get some beach stuff

leesa123
Forum Member

Posted - 03/09/2009 :  6:38:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fisherman you are a riot!
All great advise. We need to be more assertive you're saying? Yes, you are right. Not being one of those people it always takes me off guard. Pissed and surprised.

Sully,

There was a lot of debri but nothing that we Gunnison goers can't deal with, right? Do folks volunteer for clean up? Wish I lived closer to help out.

As far as the bridge? It looks the same as last year. Very slow moving. Which means slow for us..
quote:
Not that I condemn these bozos for anything other than a lack of decorum,mind you.No man,myself included,is a saint at any beach,CO or textile.It's only natural to notice a beautiful woman,after all.But the rule is to "look" straight ahead while angling one's eyes to the side at 90 degrees.(Wrap-around shades recommended.)

Edited by - leesa123 on 03/09/2009 6:58:07 PM

sunonme

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  4:36:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I had kind of a similar situation at Gunnison last summer which resulted in an early departure... Looking back I kind of feel like setting up alone away from the main group on the beach left us vulnerable, in a way... We (I) should have taken more of a proactive approach but I guess you pick and choose your battles and my wife was ready to leave.

Seems like finding other like minded couples that shared similar interests to hang on the beach with would be cool, sort of a strength in numbers thing.

jmg33188
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  6:44:21 PM  Show Profile  Visit jmg33188's Homepage  Send jmg33188 an AOL message  Send jmg33188 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all. I am a 22 yr old college student from Long Island. Been a nudist since I was 4. I live about 10 minutes away from Lighthouse beach but have heard many ppl talk about Gunnison's Beach and was wondering if it is worth the trip. My current girlfriend is very reserved and shy and I wanna take her to the beach this summer. She recently joined me at a Travasun's party and had a good time, but kept her close on. Bottom line, I would like to meet up with some ppl from the forum if possible. Maybe make things a bit easier on her and make her more comfortable.

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  7:04:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Dudes, dudettes; strength in numbers! There’s always a “party” of sorts on the beach with other folks. I know that it seems odd when you kind of just show up and wonder if anyone around wants your company.

The truth is that we all are looking for “the gang”. One such group is the FOG; a.k.a. Friends of Gunnison. They are a bunch of nice folks and will always welcome anyone. And they have unwritten rules of etiquette. You can find them almost any day right smack almost in the middle of the beach down by the water. They are closer to the first lifeguard tower.

I’m surprised that they are not on this forum. They can sure help out a lot!

As for making the trip from Long Island, well if it wasn’t for that damn bridge, the trip in and out of Sandy Hook wouldn’t be so bad.

leesa123
Forum Member

Posted - 03/19/2009 :  11:52:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks Widowerman!

Checked out the site of FOG.. Liked the bed and breakfast listed.. Anyone ever stay there? Is it nudist friendly?

quote:
Originally posted by widowerman

Dudes, dudettes; strength in numbers! There’s always a “party” of sorts on the beach with other folks. I know that it seems odd when you kind of just show up and wonder if anyone around wants your company.

The truth is that we all are looking for “the gang”. One such group is the FOG; a.k.a. Friends of Gunnison. They are a bunch of nice folks and will always welcome anyone. And they have unwritten rules of etiquette. You can find them almost any day right smack almost in the middle of the beach down by the water. They are closer to the first lifeguard tower.

I’m surprised that they are not on this forum. They can sure help out a lot!

As for making the trip from Long Island, well if it wasn’t for that damn bridge, the trip in and out of Sandy Hook wouldn’t be so bad.

waterboy
Forum Member

Posted - 03/20/2009 :  5:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"Fairbanks Motel and Marina" is already over the bridge just a little south of sandy hook. I have never been there, but, they have a nice website. I found it on google maps by typing "Highland NJ Hotels" According to the site it is less than $100 per night(until June ???) and they are all suites. From what I have read the bed and breakfasts have shared bathrooms. nudist or not I'm not into paying $300 a night to share a bathroom. Besides I'm already on the right side of the bridge, at Fairbanks

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  02:58:24 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by waterboy

"Fairbanks Motel and Marina" is already over the bridge just a little south of sandy hook. I have never been there, but, they have a nice website. I found it on google maps by typing "Highland NJ Hotels" According to the site it is less than $100 per night(until June ???) and they are all suites. From what I have read the bed and breakfasts have shared bathrooms. nudist or not I'm not into paying $300 a night to share a bathroom. Besides I'm already on the right side of the bridge, at Fairbanks

I've stayed at the Fairbanks many times.You just can't beat its location(maybe 1/4 mile south of the entrance to SH on Rt. 36),but it's hardly a bargain.The place is bare-bones,at best,and WAAAAY over-priced in season.They ask $140 for a broom-closet from June to August,and they offer zero amenities.I've stayed in their best rooms,and to call them "suites" is not at all accurate.All their units are one-room deals,as far as I know.And forget about service!Christ,the office closes at 10,and you are truly on your own after that!The beds are small,no coffee makers,no microwaves,no ICE,etc.(No one to complain about the hip-hop party in the parking lot below your window,either!)We have moved a little farther inland,where we can get a real hotel at about half the price.Stay at the Fairbanks at your own risk!

Edited by - Fishman81 on 03/21/2009 04:02:25 AM

Jasieu
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  08:37:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What motel(s) would you suggest??

slick214
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  08:46:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fishman speaks the truth about Fairbanks. We've stayed there twice and I will add a very noisey air conditioner two feet from the bed blowing right on you. Last year we did Price Line "name your price" and got a beautiful room at the Marriot in Red Banks? for $75/night. It's about a 20 minute drive from Sandy Hook.

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 03/21/2009 :  09:11:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I stayed at the Fairbanks. Yeah, the prices are high, very high, but look at what’s around it. Million Dollar homes, some even multi-million dollar homes. And it’s very close to Sandy Hook. That ¼ mile to the entrance is somewhat misleading. Sure, you are only ¼ mile from the entrance, but it’s that 4.5 mile run all the way to the Gunnison beach parking lot that’ll get ya. And did I mention that you are surrounded by million dollar homes while at the Fairbanks?

Personally, my lady friend had a great idea for a very big house/building that sits right in Fort Hancock. She wants to make it a B and B, a Bed and Breakfast. It’s a novel idea and if the government would co-operate and if there was enough money around it would work. What could be a better location? You are already on the Hook and it’s a short golf cart ride to the beach, or for the more reserved, a tad be more of a ride to the textile beaches.

Now if I only had about 2 million dollars, the drive to do it and a magic lamp, I’d be set!
This building is a great big brick building that would need some work on most likely the wooden structures. It has fireplaces and probably enough room for a gourmet kitchen. And best of all, it’s away from the bayside.

The little officer’s quarters on the bayside have just one slight problem. The bay. At times there are the usual “bay” smells that are over whelming. And some of those quarters are already inhabited by service folks from the nearby Coast Guard.

Either way, I still think my friend has a great idea.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.55 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved