Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 436 ]  [ Total: 436 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  05:36:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was walking in the surf collecting rocks on Sunday and at first the water was cold. But after awhile it seemed warm. I was down by the fishing beach and began to walk north towards Gunnison. Since it was low tide I got to walk past the nesting area. And then I saw something real unusual. About a half mile into my walk I turned around to see “the sign”. It said “Entering Clothed Area.” AND I WAS STILL ABOUT A HALF MILE FROM GUNNISON BEACH! Did they increase the nude beach area?

And since when can you cook on the beach? I saw about three grills on the beach and about 4 grills packed away in trunks of cars when I was leaving. I left around 6pm on Sunday and got caught in the bridge traffic for about a half-hour. Did things change or something?

As for the drunk while nude syndrome of folks or a.k.a DWN, well that happens. Booze, sun, repressed thoughts, more booze and some folks, o.k., especially middle aged fat balding men begin to think they are as smooth as Bond, James Bond with the wit of Woody Allen. Yeah, well that horsey left town 35 years ago on the last train to Yuma. Advice to the single ladies, cozy up to the couples or other single ladies. Strength in numbers.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  12:11:08 PM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I like to run out there,so I pay attention to distance...And last year,it seemed to me that the northernmost border of Fishing Beach was nearly a mile from the southernmost border of North Beach.Doesn't do us much good,since the plovers have dibs on the bulk of it for much of the season,anyway.Guess you're allowed to walk inside the high-tide mark,though.(Right,Widowerman?)

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  3:34:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BrideToBe

Update... My day was fabulous... well, except for the two drunk men who kept hitting on me, and the other one guy who kept asking (yes multiple times) if I'd be interested in a "casual sexual encounter" and then followed me to my car and hung his head in my window asking any chance I'd change my mind.... Yeah I probably should've reported him hu?

Otherwise it was a marvelous day... The sun was incredible, the beach not too crowded, and no traffic!

Can't wait to go again... Friday or Monday.

Til then!! xo

Like Fishman said you are better off setting up between some couples. We have seen this before and I have had to run off a perv or two.

Most couples would have no problem looking out for you at all.

Diger

BrideToBe

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  6:03:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone,

Thanks for the advice! I think I found a friend to come with me on my next trip. But for future reference I'll remember to look for a better spot!

I'll prob be back Fri, Mon, or Tues, weather permitting.
Hope to see ya!

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  6:23:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

I like to run out there,so I pay attention to distance...And last year,it seemed to me that the northernmost border of Fishing Beach was nearly a mile from the southernmost border of North Beach.Doesn't do us much good,since the plovers have dibs on the bulk of it for much of the season,anyway.Guess you're allowed to walk inside the high-tide mark,though.(Right,Widowerman?)

Yep, walked while the low tide was there, so it was a clear walk. But what’s with the grilling on the beach? Could we always do that on the fishing beach?

BTW, about 3 weeks ago, I was on Beach D, down by the Seagull’s Nest and I saw a women sunbathing topless. How weird? Is nudity now allowed anywhere? I mean, it makes perfect sense being that there is no law about being nude, just being lewd.

And I noticed the posts way back about FOG. Yeah, they are somewhat elitist but they would like new members for more cash and strength. They ain’t all bad.

robroy560
Forum Member

Posted - 07/01/2009 :  8:43:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diger

quote:
Originally posted by BrideToBe

Update... My day was fabulous... well, except for the two drunk men who kept hitting on me, and the other one guy who kept asking (yes multiple times) if I'd be interested in a "casual sexual encounter" and then followed me to my car and hung his head in my window asking any chance I'd change my mind.... Yeah I probably should've reported him hu?

Otherwise it was a marvelous day... The sun was incredible, the beach not too crowded, and no traffic!

Can't wait to go again... Friday or Monday.

Til then!! xo

Like Fishman said you are better off setting up between some couples. We have seen this before and I have had to run off a perv or two.

Most couples would have no problem looking out for you at all.

Diger

I agree. A year or so ago I got up to use use the restroom. As you know, it's a long hike from the beach to the bathrooms. I came back and my wife was pissed off at me for leaving her. I could have used the ocean to pee. Some middle aged single goober parked himself on our towel, and was asking my wife to rub lotion on him. She was furious for the invasion of space; he didn't even ask befor parking his naked ass on our towel.

Funny thing is this never happened when we were at Haulover. We are usually there once a year when we have business in the area. We found that most left us alone, although I heard it's popular with swingers.

What bothers us is we view nudism as something to enjoy for yourself, but to respect the space of others. We are both paranoid that we may be accused of staring, and we never talk to anyone at the beach. A friendly nod and that's it.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  02:32:08 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There are some truly clueless dolts at Gunnison,for sure.The moron you cited has to be in the Top Ten,all-time,however.If something like that happens to your wife again,maybe she should tattle on him to either the lifeguards or the rangers.(That strategy gets results;I've seen the authorities run off pushy imbeciles a few times.They're really very good about that.)

I had the pleasure of visiting Haulover in May,and I found it to be very similar to Gunnison,in terms of the social dynamic,though...About 99% of the experience was wonderful,but there was always some drunken,middle-aged Lothario who intruded over my GF's shoulder out of the blue-and at least once a day-in a clumsy attempt to charm her with his *wit*.Saying "Go away.You're bothering my wife." never fails.

Edited by - Fishman81 on 07/02/2009 02:35:07 AM

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/02/2009 :  12:08:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have always found it somewhat amazing how certain guys act at Gunnison. They seem to be using the wrong head when they walk around and act like it is the place to pick up ladies. Guess their thinking is, I've seen them nude, they've seen me nude, might as well try for the next step. Thankfully, they are in the minority. I can think of about 5 guys that are worthy of a life time ban from the sand. Funny thing is, most of them are always there, no matter what day I go. Guess having a job, and a life, and not an option. Being tactful is usually the best way to shoe them off. I've seen them move on right away and never come back. Oh, by the way, some guys don't need alcohol to be a**holes, they are just born that way. lol

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/04/2009 :  02:40:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I hear ya,Bare NJ.You could chalk it up to the supposedly "American" trait of equating nudity with sex,I guess...Or maybe not.

I was talking just tonight with a doctor I know who grew up in various parts of Europe,and he said that the same thing happens on nude beaches over there.There was always some voyeur lurking in the shrubs,and the same deal occurred as far as protective (male)nudist vigilantes rousting them.

Face it,there is always a degree of sexual tension at a nude beach.(I don't care who says otherwise;it's a natural fact.)The only significant variable is how one reacts to it,and mostly that's about common sense.Some people don't ever seem to realize when they're intruding and unwanted;they have to have it spelled out to them.And that happens whether they're clothed or not,is my guess.So just spell it out for them...Eventually,they'll get the message.

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  08:47:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Did anyone else get stuck in that traffic jam around Sandy Hook on the 4th? What a mistake we made! I guess trying to get into the park at 1pm was a bad idea. We were planning a picnic down by the village, and so were about a million others too!

We took detour after detour, short cuts and strategic drives to avoid the outer towners. But so did everyone else. And then with the entrance to the Hook in sight we saw the dreaded sign, Sandy Hook Closed.

So we went to Homdel Park, had a picnic and then headed for the Hook around 7:30 pm to see the sunset. AND STILL THERE WAS A TRAFFIC JAM UP GOING OUT OF THE PARK!!!

I guess a lousy June with all that rain, high unemployment and a BEAUTIFUL Saturday Holiday really sealed the day! Well I guess there is always next year. Let’s see; next year the 4th is on a Sunday, given that the next time the 4th will be on a Saturday it will be 6 years from now, and adding the chance of a beautiful day just like this 4th is about 1 in a 1,000 I say the next beautiful day for the 4th is about 25 years from now. Or, I can just say that the 4th is no biggie and go with the flow.

BUT HOW ABOUT THAT TRAFFIC!

islandtoisland

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  3:33:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi -

These questions may have been answered here a hundred times on this forum, but I hope people don't mind if I ask them again. My wife and I are thinking about making a trip to Gunnison this week (we are vacationing at the Jersey Shore). So, three questions:

1. How is the traffic getting in and out mid-week? We have roughly an hour-long drive to get to the beach, so do we need to get up at the crack of dawn to get a parking spot on Tuesday or Wednesday?

2. We have always been to smaller nude beaches (like Cabanas Copal in Mexico), so I think we're both a little concerned about a beach that may have more "lurkers" and pervs. Is the perv-quotient less or more during the week? Is the "de facto couples area" mentioned in a prior post easy to identify. We really just want to enjoy a day a the beach. Most people seem to have a wonderful time at Gunnison, so we hope we do too!

3. Any other recommendations for first-timers at Gunnison?

Thank you all!

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  6:23:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi islandtoisland, always glad to answer questions for a first timer. Traffic getting in and out is lighter usually in the mid-week, more people doing the "w" thing. The perv quotient is very small to begin with, and even smaller during the week. Just ignore any of those idiots and they will skulk away. The couples area, is the first area you'll encounter as you walk from the lot, on the left side of the beach as you face the ocean. I would recommend preparing for a good walk, as it is a nice hike from the lot to whatever place you set yourselves down. Bring your own food and drinks (no glass or bottles), the snack stand is kind of pricey. Plenty of sunscreen, if this is your first time nude this summer, and a relaxed mind. Hope you enjoy. BareNJ

dtidew
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2009 :  8:35:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone
I've never been nude in public before but I wanted to for years now. I am 19 and I have my own car so getting there is no problem. I work a lot and finding the right time to go is near impossible. BUT, I have off work for a few days and I will have a whole day to kill on Tuesday while my girlfriend has work in OCNJ. I already asked her if she's ok with me going and she said to go. I have already asked her if she wants to go but she is very shy and I think she would want to hear what it's like from me before going. So, on Tuesday I plan on heading up from OCNJ at about 8am so I should be there at around 10am. I have no idea what to expect going to Gunnison (other than what I've read from this forum) and I am getting nervous. Is anyone else going on Tuesday that I could meet? We don't need to hang out, I just think it would realllly help me get started with getting to know the nudist lifestyle.
Thanks, Dave

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  06:57:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good advice from BARENJGUY33...

First time visitors, just go and have a nice time. Issues related to parking and pervs should not be a deterrent, especially during the week.

By the way... I am thinking about going up today. Anyone else headed to Gunnison?

waterboy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  10:05:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The wife and I were at Gunnison on the 4th and 5th. Wonderful weekend. Large party on the 4th, with a big NY logo. And it took about an hour from the parking lot to the bridge, when we left at 5pm, but nothing was going to ruin my weekend. Usually my wife goes toppless, but on Sunday the wife broke down, joined me and got naked for the first time I was pleased to share that with her. Gunnison is so great, like a big family.

Yea, except for the 4 guys who parked themselves in front of the couple in front of us and stayed in clothes. I'm glad they weren't any closer. My wife wanted to walk to the water another way just to stay away from them. I'm glad they didn't ruin her first time.

We all should make signs/or big flags that say "wearing clothes on the NUDE beach is rude" , I guess it's rude for me to say "get naked or leave". It took me an hour or so to get naked my first time, so maybe I have no room to talk. But I think they had the wrong intentions.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.46 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved