Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 491 ]  [ Total: 491 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 07/06/2009 :  10:19:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wife and I were there Sunday also and it seemed like there were more clothed people than usual. I kept thinking "why would you go to an C/O beach and leave them on?". I guess the answer is obvious.
BTW, for anyone else that was there Sunday - did you see the "sky-writing planes"? I've never seen anything like it. Five planes, wing-to-wing, putting out puffs of smoke that formed letters across the sky. Can't remember the message - something about SUMMER FUN - they were very high in the sky and the message lasted only a few minutes before is dissipated. I'm thinking it was around noon or so. Wife and I both saw it, so I was not imagining it.

jerseysomething
Forum Member

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  07:22:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Made it to the beach yesterday... weather was absolutely perfect. There was a good crowd and no aberrant behavior, from what I could tell. The water was warm and quite a few people went in.

Traffic leaving was not bad except for a few minute delay at the bridge... but I departed early, by about 2:00.

Still hoping to meet up with other Forum members. Maybe we should establish a daily meeting place and time (or times) where Forum members will know to look for one another.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  1:29:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, sounds like I missed a great weekend, beach weather wise. No worries, I'll get there during this coming week. Sounds like you had the pick of the weekend summers so far, waterboy and rogandjean. Or, at least the driest weekends. lol Too bad all these clothed goons ruin what can be a perfect day. Wonder if there is some way to make it topless and nude, instead of clothing optional. Oh well, I always chose the nude option. As for those sky-writing planes, they are seen around the northern part of the state often. So, you weren't seeing things, rog. lol Jerseysomething does have a good idea, find a spot where we all could meet. Quite sure we won't be as obnoxious as some of the other groups that gather along the water. Till next time. BareNJ :)

dtidew
Forum Member

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  6:36:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey everyone, i just got back from my first trip to gunnison a few hours ago and i am so glad i went through with it. I went alone so I got a little bit lonely but I felt so relaxed just in my skin. I was planning on stripping down over time but I decided to just take it all off when I got there and I have no regrets. I was a little uncomfortable in that I was the only around my age there nude. Everyone was very nice but I think it would be comforting to hang out with a similar age group. I did find that there were quite a few people my age but they were wearing bathing suits. I have always been insecure about my body and thought everyone else was so much secure. BUT, I swallowed my pride and walked right past the other teenagers wearing only my baseball cap and a smile. I was the only one that had the courage to disrobe and that makes me feel incredible. Was anyone else there today? I got there at 11 and left around 2. I was wearing a brown baseball cap and big old fashioned sunglasses and laying to the left side of the beach. I think barenjguy has the right idea going because I tried talking to some people but I still felt a little awkward just walking up to strangers to say hi.

bigracefan
Forum Member

Posted - 07/07/2009 :  6:41:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well next week is it; I am looking forward to my first trip to Gunnison. I do have a few concerns however. I am going by myself, but I dont want to be confused with "that guy", or the "pervs" or inadvertantly do something to make someone uncomfortable. I am not going to try to pick up anyone,or behave obnoxiously, but I dont want someone to take it the wrong way if I put my chair and towel near them or say hello to other beach goers. Any advice on that? On one hand I am seeing alot about friendly people there, but I am just nervous about being perceived the wrong way when those are not my intentions. I've looked over the beach ettiquette posts, but are there any other unwritten rules I should know about? Yes, I am a rookie at this.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  02:51:15 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Bigracefan,there are unwritten rules for single guys.(Good catch,BTW.)

First and foremost is that you don't foist yourself socially upon a couple,due to the pathetic-loser-"perv" factor,and the way these annoying bozos give most women the creeps.The Gunnison population is usually about 75% male,and while many of these people are gay men,ALL single males are suspect until proven otherwise.

It sounds sexist to say this,but it's accurate nonetheless:women are social currency there.If you haven't a naked female companion with you to offer some sort of social reciprocity,don't even think about more than a quick "hello" to a nude couple.Just take a book or a crossword puzzle to keep your nose buried in,or stare across the straits at Manhattan.Whatever you do,don't set up in a group of couples and expect to be viewed as anything but a desperate voyeur.And please,please,don't park yourself in front of the hottest woman on the beach,and act casual,as if no one notices!

I've been there solo before,too.At times like that,you just have to bite the bullet and settle for a lesser experience.Find a female companion who is interested in swimming and sunning sans clothes,would be my advice.It's surprising where you might find one,and having her there will open new doors for you.

(Single women,however,can do whatever they please...Everybody loves them to pieces!)

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  4:32:56 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey gang, just got back from a great day at Gunnison. Weather was picture perfect, beach was not crowded at all, and the water is starting to warm up. Today truly seemed to be a nudist day, as I saw no idiots in clothes doing their normal thing. Did see alot of tan lines, so think it was alot of first timers there. Picked the right day. There were even plenty of parking spots when i left at 1:00, and no traffic at the bridge, coming and going. I arrived by 10:00. Truly a unique day, planning on getting there Friday again, if everything cooperates.

widowerman
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  4:59:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
But what about that cooking going on at the beach?

I was there Sunday and there were some folks with gas grills and one guy had a camp stove. So, can we now begin to cook on the beach? I mean $4.50 for a hotdog and $4.50 for a beer. Ouch if you get hungry and thirsty.

But a pack of good hotdogs costs what, 4 bucks? Good fresh rolls for another $3, and beer or water for a whole lot less than the US Govt gouging us! Plus 10 bucks to get into the beach, or $50 for the season!

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  5:34:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
BARENJGUY. You are right. It was a great day there. The wife and I got there about 9:30 and left around 2:30, no traffic and parking and finding a spot on the beach was a breeze. The water was on the cool side but I braved it and went in anyway. What I did notice was we weren't able to walk as much of the beach as usual, roped off about 100ft from the second lifeguard post.We're looking forward to going back down on Saturday and joining in on the AANR skinny dipping event

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  6:50:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes, I did notice that the south end of the beach was roped off. Might be for some migratory purpose. I walked to about 50 feet from it and then headed to the north end. There is a stop sign just past the clothed area that prevents you from going any further north. Not sure what thats about, but as long as they give us enough room to stretch our legs and our towels, I'll be happy. Can't make it Saturday, so let us know what goes on, njyankee.

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 07/08/2009 :  10:19:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

JERSEYSOMETHING had a good idea to meet other members a few posts back. But I'm not sure a daily meeting place and time will work. How about some sort of identifying items such as a hat worn sideways or carrying a red towel under the left arm or something to stick in the sand around your setup area (like one of those kids' whirl-a-gigs). Anyone got any good ideas? My wife and I tend to keep to ourselves but many others would like to socialize.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  09:42:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What we need is a logo or something on a towel. I have a "N" hat for example. I see someone with a UAW flag at Gunnison sometimes. That is more work than I'm interested in.

HEY, ADMIN any thoughts.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/2560300492/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

kenfrompa

Posted - 07/09/2009 :  1:30:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In answer to many peoples questions we are still not allowed to bring grills to the beach

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  12:49:17 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
There does seem to be a need here, huh Bob?

If I could have everything, I'd have a great line of towels, beachwear and insignia flags with catchy SUN logos for you folks. Hmmm.

In the meantime, you might choose a certain color ribbon to hang from your umbrella, cooler or wrist.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  01:18:36 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kenfrompa

In answer to many peoples questions we are still not allowed to bring grills to the beach

(Saw people grilling there on Monday and Tuesday. Whether it's officially allowed,I can't say,but neither the rangers nor the lifeguards intervened.)

Had a lovely time this week,my first trip to SH in '09.The weather was a tad spotty -maybe a little cool and windy for July,ya think?- but,as if to compensate,the water was way warmer than it ought to have been this early in the season.

The beach crowds were good,yet we had no delays on the bridge at all.Even the traffic to and fro was amazingly light.In my 40 or so trips down there,I've never seen the NYS Thruway or the GSP so easily negotiated.Are people staying home this summer,I wonder?

The shorebirds have really staked the area out,though.A guy got ticketed for venturing south of the tethered-off "gay section" while we were there,and the strip of North Beach adjacent to Gunnison is maybe 100 yards wide,and then it's cordoned off as well.You won't be able to walk on the beach to Gunnison from the North Beach lot for that reason,and I couldn't take a decent run in either direction for the first time in 4 years.Saw a family of least terns bathing in a rainwater pool at yet another roped-off area,right at the end of the boardwalk(Pesky little critters.)

Folks were well-behaved for the most part.Saw a couple of the old veteran gawkers,notably "Phys-Ed Guy",who stalks the beach wearing socks,sneakers,70's-vintage gym shorts,with his headset on and the old 1,000-yard stare working.He's harmless,though;never talks to anyone.

We did have the obligatory dope du jour approach us on Tuesday,though.A 60-ish rolly-polly troll-like fellow from Brooklyn,wearing his Yankees cap.My first-timer companion gives everyone the benefit of the doubt,so she talked to him a bit...Next thing you know,he's asking her to join him in his car to ride out an looming thunderstorm...And with me not 10 feet away.

You just can't beat Gunnison Beach,if you're looking to encounter the truly clueless among us.But I'll be going back next week!

Edited by - Fishman81 on 07/10/2009 01:25:33 AM

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.91 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved