Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 450 ]  [ Total: 450 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Revampd
Forum Member

Posted - 07/31/2009 :  10:27:37 PM  Show Profile  Send Revampd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Went up to the beach today, despite the lousy weather forecast, and ran into an absolutely gorgeous day. There were flies though as the wind was coming off the dunes but except for that minor annoyance, it was a perfect day.

There weren't many people there today and I suspect the forecast put a lot of people off. Sometimes the weatherman is wrong and it works out so right.

JoAnn

"How does one become a butterfly?" she asked pensively.
"You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

Celticbhoy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  08:16:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone!

So if you notice back on page 51, I explained my first experience at Gunnison was simply "awesome!"

I believe my girlfriend and I went back around the weekend of the 11th or so. A few pervs, a few clothed guys who decided to park near us, and a TON of "fishing boats" that were SOO close near shore. Besides the few gawkers, etc. it was a lovely time...except for the 3 hours it took to get to 36 north (and then my car decided to die out) But it was a wonderful trip.

Due to today being such a beautiful day, I want to go down so bad! Unfortunately my girlfriend is working and I don't want to go by myself! So I'll definitely be there with her tomorrow. I can't wait!

Enjoy this wonderful weather and be safe

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  2:03:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Celticbhoy

Hello everyone!

So if you notice back on page 51, I explained my first experience at Gunnison was simply "awesome!"

I believe my girlfriend and I went back around the weekend of the 11th or so. A few pervs, a few clothed guys who decided to park near us, and a TON of "fishing boats" that were SOO close near shore. Besides the few gawkers, etc. it was a lovely time...except for the 3 hours it took to get to 36 north (and then my car decided to die out) But it was a wonderful trip.

Due to today being such a beautiful day, I want to go down so bad! Unfortunately my girlfriend is working and I don't want to go by myself! So I'll definitely be there with her tomorrow. I can't wait!

Enjoy this wonderful weather and be safe

What time did you leave the Hook?

We're heading down tomorrow(Sunday).Ought to arrive there at 4 or so.Plan to leave at dusk.I wonder how bad the traffic is likely to be that late in the day..?

Celticbhoy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  2:27:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81

What time did you leave the Hook?

We're heading down tomorrow(Sunday).Ought to arrive there at 4 or so.Plan to leave at dusk.I wonder how bad the traffic is likely to be that late in the day..?

I believe we left around 6? The traffic was utterly horrendous, almost stopped us from coming back ever on a weekend. I talked to the cop directing traffic towards the bridge (after my car died) and he said that the traffic builds up from approximately 2 pm onward.

I'm hoping to leave tomorrow early in the morning (getting my girlfriend up and out is task unto itself!). Because the lot is going to close FAST. Was listening to the traffic today and I believe they closed around 12-1 pm.

Beautiful day today though.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  2:32:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you!
We're a little reluctant to try it,but we HAVE had good luck later in the day on Sunday several times.Even when the sign on the GSP says "SANDY HOOK CLOSED",we were able to drive right on and find a parking spot at Lot G.And we left with no waiting around 8:30-9:00.
('Course that was in past years...)

jnapoli

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  4:51:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was a regular weekend visitor last year. I would go Saturday or sunday. I would be there by 8:30 and leave by 1:00 PM. I never had a problem with traffic. Is the same true now?
JN

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  7:55:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were there today 8/1. Left about 2:20 or so and there was no merging problem on the way out, but then, about 20 car lengths from the light everything stopped for about 20 minutes. Did not see the bridge up, so not sure what was going on. So it took us a good half hour to get out. But what an awesome day! The beach was so crowed that it was hard to even walk along the water's edge.

Celticbhoy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  8:17:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rogandjean

We were there today 8/1. Left about 2:20 or so and there was no merging problem on the way out, but then, about 20 car lengths from the light everything stopped for about 20 minutes. Did not see the bridge up, so not sure what was going on. So it took us a good half hour to get out. But what an awesome day! The beach was so crowed that it was hard to even walk along the water's edge.

I'm sure it was ridiculous today (the crowd that is). But what a gorgeous day! I really wanted to go down there today, but I didn't want to go alone. How was it getting in around 8:30-9? Any problems at the bridge?

I hope and pray I'll be there tomorrow with my girlfriend. Suppose to be a hot one tomorrow.

whygana

Posted - 08/01/2009 :  8:19:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was there today. Arrived around 9:00 and left at 2:15. It took me 20 minutes to exit. I was there previous weekends and left later (around 3:30) and it took about 45 minutes to exit. The beach was crowded but a very beautiful day. I'm on vacation next week and plan to go often.

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  3:40:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have about a 150 mile drive one way to Gunnison and have to do a full beach day in order to make the trip worthwhile. That means I can't leave at 1:00 PM. Been coming week days to minimize the traffic problem, but might have to switch to Saturdays soon. Does anyone know what the traffic exiting will be like on a Saturday if I waited all the way to around 8:30 or 9:00 PM to leave? Thank you.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  4:41:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Schroder, I'm sure if you waited to leave Gunnison at 8:30 or later, you'll encounter no traffic issues. However, not sure how the security is at that late hour, and if they will make you leave earlier. With the bridge traffic being what it is, I bet alot of the beach crowd, nude and otherwise, will either leave by 3:00 or wait like you. I have yet to make it down on a weekend, so can't speak about exiting at any time. I have had no problems leaving around 2:00 during the week, but will try to get there next Saturday to see for myself. I'll post my experience, and hopefully, it's a good one. lol

ctnudecouple

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  9:18:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was at Gunnison this weekend. While leaving Saturday evening at 7:00, encountered MANY people headed to beach. Just curious as to what time the beach officially closes, and how strictly closing time is enforced. Does anyone know?

whygana

Posted - 08/02/2009 :  9:38:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I overheard some people talking and the feeling was leave around 1:00 or wait until about 8:00. I would have liked to stay but had commitments so I can't say for sure the traffic is lighter around 8:00.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/03/2009 :  11:58:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My 2 cents:
Talked to a guy last month who said that he left Gunnison at 8:50 PM on a nice Saturday in July,and waited >2 hours to exit.He said the traffic was backed up past the Seagull's Nest.We always leave late,and have not encountered any delay at all,but we never go there on Saturdays.

As far as the "night shift" goes,I've always wondered about that myself.We see people arriving as dusk settles in every time we're there.Many of these people look a little furtive...

I've asked a few regulars what the deal with that is,and no one seems to know.The signs say that Sandy Hook closes at dusk,but clearly there is an after-hours cult of sorts.

We are hitting the beach today.Supposed to flirt with 90,and no chance of rain is forecast(!)Will report on anything interesting.

njdiver

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  10:21:26 AM  Show Profile  Send njdiver a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Regarding the night shift at sandy Hook, the Gulls Nest is open until midnight, if memory serves me correctly and there is overnight fishing.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.43 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved