Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 206 ]  [ Total: 206 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2009 :  12:05:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good point.The folks we've seen walking onto Gunnison at dusk weren't hauling fishing tackle,though.:)

Having a great trip.The weather is perfect,and we've never had such warm water here before;it must be in the mid- to high-70's.It's making me forget nearly freezing to death here in July.

Celticbhoy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  1:42:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi guys! I think I'm planning to go tomorrow (noonish).

Bring the I-Pod, a good book, and catch some rays:)

If you see a young dude with long hair, don't hesitate to say hi and say you're from the site!

Enjoy

Jasieu
Forum Member

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  9:10:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Kathy and I are going down this weekend. Any inexpensive motels in the area?

***POW/MIA You Are Not Forgotten***

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  10:17:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jasieu

Kathy and I are going down this weekend. Any inexpensive motels in the area?

***POW/MIA You Are Not Forgotten***

Your best bet is away from the beach. There are a couple near the GSP as I recall.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/2560300492/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 08/05/2009 :  10:35:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Any inexpensive motels in the area?

Not sure what your range is, but we scored a $49 rate with Hotwire - but the hotel (Crowne Plaza) is in Clark - a good 45 minutes away.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  03:10:59 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
After several years of experimentation,we've adopted the Red Roof in Tinton Falls as our default destination.It's right off GSP exit 117.It takes maybe 25 minutes to reach Gunnison from there,but,at $80-$95/night,it's a much better value than the dumps on 36 nearer The Hook(eg.,the Leonardi Motel and the Fairbanks "Resort".)I've searched several towns which are closer,and there are chains in Red Bank and Middletown,too.The going price around there seems to be around $125,in-season.I suppose your choice will hinge on how close you want to be,and what meager amenities you expect.

I love the Jersey Shore,but I have often been taken aback by the quality-or lack thereof-of the accommodations available anywhere near the water.I've seen rooms priced at $150/night from Seaside Heights north to Sandy Hook that any self-respecting hooker would reject as unbearable.Guess they must rent 'em,but I can't imagine how.Good hunting!

Edited by - Fishman81 on 08/06/2009 03:12:15 AM

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/06/2009 :  08:50:31 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rogandjean

quote:
Any inexpensive motels in the area?

Not sure what your range is, but we scored a $49 rate with Hotwire - but the hotel (Crowne Plaza) is in Clark - a good 45 minutes away.

Someone posted last year about getting the Holliday Inn Express near the mall for $50-60 on the weekend. Anything near the beach is high. I comp rooms in Atlantic City but, that is 100 miles away. LOTS closer than where I live.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  10:02:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Someone posted last year about getting the Holliday Inn Express near the mall for $50-60 on the weekend. Anything near the beach is high. I comp rooms in Atlantic City but, that is 100 miles away. LOTS closer than where I live.

Bob - do you know which Holiday Inn Express they were talking about? There is one in Hazlet (closest) but I just checked and it has rates well over $100.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/07/2009 :  10:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by biffbulkie

A tip for travelers to the area. I always use Priceline's 'name your own price' and have never paid more than $58 a night. This past weekend I booked a room Saturday morning for that same evening for $56 (+tax) at the Extended Stay in Red Bank/Middletown. As this is a business traveler oriented facility there are always excess rooms on weekends that they let go at cheap prices. You can't argue with a decent room with kitchenette only about a 10 minute drive from the beach. I have used this dozens of times and usually end up with this hotel or the Courtyard Marriot. By the way the beach was packed on SUnday with PERFECT weather!

rog-I hope this helps

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

njkdm

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  03:26:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Have a couple of questions. Never been to Gunnison but have wanted to for years. Total newbie to all of this:
1)Is Gunnison open after Labor Day? To avoid traffic I'd want to go while the weather is nice but the tourists have left for the most part. So I'd like to go after Labor Day but I don't know if it is still open and available.
2) Are the people who go truly tolerant of all body types? That is, I've lost over 200 lbs and haven't had the plastic surgery yet so I certainly look weird (lotsa loose skin). I don't want to have to wait forever to be able to visit Gunnison but don't want to either offend by my appearance nor be necessarily gawked at. Should I worry about this? Still not thin but certainly not as fat as I was. LOL!

Revampd
Forum Member

Posted - 08/08/2009 :  08:36:20 AM  Show Profile  Send Revampd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Gunnison is always "open" from dawn to dusk. After Labor day there are no life guards or concession stand but also no parking fee. There will still be crowds till it's too cold for most sane people to enjoy it (just kidding of course, but I'm definitely a summer person). The best time to go is on a weekday as there is always less of a crowd then and traffic isn't the nightmare it is on the weekends.

There are all body types there (and at most nudist venues) and nudists tend to be the most open minded people about that. None of us are perfect after all and Gunisson isn't Venice Beach. Be bold... go! You won't regret it.

"How does one become a butterfly?" she asked pensively.
"You must want to fly so much that you are willing to give up being a caterpillar."

bigracefan
Forum Member

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  11:32:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
njkdm...

I wouldnt worry about a thing. I went to gunnison for the first time this summer and I was nervous as are many people on their first time going. I've seen lots of posts where people are self conscious about their weight, their genital size, or how much hair they have.
The bottom line is that NOBODY CARES. And if they do, it isnt their business anyway. All shapes and sizes go, and they are there for the same reason; to RELAX. Don't worry about any of those things. Beleive me, you will be just fine. I have some weight on me and I also dont look like an adult film star if you catch my drift, but once I got there and "did as the Romans do" I thought it was the most relaxing thing I ever did, as if a whole year of stress was taken off of my shoulders. GO! ENJOY! RELAX! You will feel like a new person when you leave.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 08/09/2009 :  12:45:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll add my 2 cents worth. I was at Gunnison yesterday and saw plenty of shapes and sizes, and no one cared at all. Thats what it is all about, being yourself and being nude, and nothing more. It was a great beach day, lots of sun, a cool breeze off the ocean, and a large and well behaved crowd. I was actually surprised that the beach wasn't more crowded, although they did shut the lot down at some point. I arrived by 8:30 and found plenty of parking, and left by 1:45, with some spaces open by that point. Hit no traffic at all coming in, and only some going out because the bridge was raised to let a boat into the bay. The only negative was the number of tents and wind screens set up to block my view of the water. But, besides that, was a super time. I'll be there on and off this week. On another note, looks like the new bridge is getting closer to being finished. At least there are no gaps in it from the Atlantic Highlands side to where they have it on the Sandy Hook side. Makes me wonder if they will have it done ahead of the summer of 2011 proposed finish date. Lets hope, it will make everything easier to deal with on weekends. See you all, and all of you. BareNJ

Tattoo85

Posted - 08/10/2009 :  2:27:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, I saw this kind of answered already, but it was all the way back from I think 2003, and much can change in a few years, so I hope this question is alright. Basically me, my girlfriend, and at least one other female friend of ours (possibly two more) want to go to the beach soon. We range in age from 19-24, and were wondering if there are generally people around our age there on a routine basis? I saw that it's probably more likely on the weekend, does that include Friday (the day we're probably going)? Body type doesn't matter to us in the least, but although none of us consider ourselves "nudists," we've looked into it out of curiosity, and I guess the lack of anyone our age or events for a younger crowd has kind of turned of off the idea. Definately don't mean it in a disrespectful way, especially for my girlfriend though it'd be easier if there were others that were similar to us that we could relate to easier.

Anyway, is there still much of a crowd in general in August? We would be going next Friday, so it'd be past mid-August by then. Anyway, thanks for any info!

bigracefan
Forum Member

Posted - 08/10/2009 :  5:41:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
From what I saw, the age was a little older, mostly 30 and up, but there were a few groups of younger girls when i was there. Most of them wore bikinis and there would be maybe one or two in the group that were topless or nude. However, there were alot of people in your age range that were totally nude too. It's really a mixed bag, but tilted towards older.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 1.26 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved