Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 202 ]  [ Total: 202 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  05:02:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I was up on a recent Friday. Lots of couples but, mostly older. Always a few young females mostly topless but, very few guys under 30. I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/2560300492/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

adam27

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  2:17:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was there last Friday and I'm around your age Tattoo. I actually met two girls that were our age as well there, but the overwhelming majority was definitely an older crowd. There are often a few younger people here and there.

waterboy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  9:54:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We will be there the end of August. My wife and I are both 34 but she is pretty short(4'11'') and looks like she's 18. Does that count?

The more 20 somethings you bring, the more that will be there. Start a new trend.
Someone has to be first. Although, I'm not brave enough to be first either.
Rent a bus and fill it with your generation, then they may have to extend the nudist beach.
Good luck.

bofsb
Forum Member

Posted - 08/11/2009 :  11:06:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i am going with a few friends that never been there before. First off, i have been there and changed (undressed) on the beach itself. I was wondering if there is changing room (gang/private) for them to change in to their suit and when felt comfortable they can get undressed on the sand.this may sound confusing...

ty

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  12:31:41 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoo85

Hey, I saw this kind of answered already, but it was all the way back from I think 2003, and much can change in a few years, so I hope this question is alright. Basically me, my girlfriend, and at least one other female friend of ours (possibly two more) want to go to the beach soon. We range in age from 19-24, and were wondering if there are generally people around our age there on a routine basis? I saw that it's probably more likely on the weekend, does that include Friday (the day we're probably going)? Body type doesn't matter to us in the least, but although none of us consider ourselves "nudists," we've looked into it out of curiosity, and I guess the lack of anyone our age or events for a younger crowd has kind of turned of off the idea. Definately don't mean it in a disrespectful way, especially for my girlfriend though it'd be easier if there were others that were similar to us that we could relate to easier.

Anyway, is there still much of a crowd in general in August? We would be going next Friday, so it'd be past mid-August by then. Anyway, thanks for any info!

There are people your age there every time I've been,but the median age is probably 45 or so.Still,you see infants to octogenarians out there.

If your crew wants a little privacy,there's generally a lot of open space back near the dunes.If you decide to hang nearer the water,I'd advise you to situate yourselves between the 1st and 2nd lifeguard stands on the nude side.(To your left as you walk onto the beach.)You'll notice as you approach that this is the de facto couple's area...There are actually women there!

Have a great time;there's nothing like sunning and swimming naked.Just be advised that your group will likely be approached by a fat,middle-aged blowhard,who thinks he's smooth...

Schroder
Forum Member

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  09:16:05 AM  Show Profile  Send Schroder a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BARENJGUY33

On another note, looks like the new bridge is getting closer to being finished. At least there are no gaps in it from the Atlantic Highlands side to where they have it on the Sandy Hook side. Makes me wonder if they will have it done ahead of the summer of 2011 proposed finish date. Lets hope, it will make everything easier to deal with on weekends. See you all, and all of you. BareNJ

I was at the beach last Friday and heard someone talking about the bridge construction. He said there will be a second span that hasn't even been started yet. I didn't know this fellow but assumed him to be one of the locals who you would expect to be in the know. If it's true... well... maybe it isn't bad news. Perhaps they would open that one new span along with the old bridge while the second span is under construction.

dcb2264

Posted - 08/12/2009 :  11:19:31 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bigracefan

njkdm...

I wouldnt worry about a thing. I went to gunnison for the first time this summer and I was nervous as are many people on their first time going. I've seen lots of posts where people are self conscious about their weight, their genital size, or how much hair they have.
The bottom line is that NOBODY CARES. And if they do, it isnt their business anyway. All shapes and sizes go, and they are there for the same reason; to RELAX. Don't worry about any of those things. Beleive me, you will be just fine. I have some weight on me and I also dont look like an adult film star if you catch my drift, but once I got there and "did as the Romans do" I thought it was the most relaxing thing I ever did, as if a whole year of stress was taken off of my shoulders. GO! ENJOY! RELAX! You will feel like a new person when you leave.

Unfortunately, that's not so if you're gay and hanging on the gay side, there are many, many fit beautiful bodies there that can make you feel a little self conscious. I'm nice looking (so I have been told), I'm 5'10 about 240, I lost a lot of weight but still have a ways to go, so I don't fit into the "gay body stereotype." I've been there a few times and loved the experience of being naked in the sun, but gay men check each other out, it's our nature, so if you're not tone and muscular, it can be a little depressing to be around that. Don't get me wrong, I'm not looking to "hook up" with anyone there except for maybe making a friend or two, but I can't help but notice guys walking around chatting with each other, while it seems no one ever looks twice in my direction. This is just my own insecurities, but I'm OK with it. Hey, I'm going to a nude beach, I think that's a major achievement for someone with body image issues.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  06:24:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In regards to the bridge, that is the first span going up. After that one is done, it will be opened with all traffic being diverted onto it. They will than begin to dismantled the old section that is left and than build the other span. So, there is still a LONG way to go. The DOT has a site where you can check on the progress and see the final design.state.nj.us/transportation/commuter/roads/route36highlands/schedule.shtm

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 08/13/2009 :  06:27:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The wife and I went on wednesday. We saw a lot of new faces probably because it wasn't crowded. We were able to get 1 1/2hrs in before it got windy and dark, just as we got to the bridge the skies opened up. Hopefully, next week will be better...VACATION WEEK!!!!

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/14/2009 :  12:14:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bofsb

i am going with a few friends that never been there before. First off, i have been there and changed (undressed) on the beach itself. I was wondering if there is changing room (gang/private) for them to change in to their suit and when felt comfortable they can get undressed on the sand.this may sound confusing...

ty

Admin, I knew I had read this twice. I'm sure you have so many post to read you missed it.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

Admin's note: Now I see what you were referring to in the other thread! Thanks, Bob.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/14/2009 :  12:22:41 PM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
This was not my preference,mind you,but I'll be doing the unthinkable and heading the Gunnison on a WEEKEND!

Anybody think I have a shot at getting a parking space around 1PM on Sunday?

rogandjean
Forum Member

Posted - 08/14/2009 :  2:47:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Fishman81 - we're going Sunday and might be leaving around 1:00 - Flag us down and you can have our spot!
Also - don't forget that extra lot they opened over near the lighthouse. Looks like about an extra 100 yards to walk but better than heading to the next (north) lot.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  01:58:50 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Right!Kinda forgot about that.Thank you!What really worries me is being denied entrance to The Hook altogether,though.

God knows I love the perky Rangerettes manning the entrance,but they never seem to be armed with accurate information.We've shown up there on nice Sundays around 4,when the entire area was supposedly closed per the GSP warning beacon,and drove right up to Gunnison.Then,when we reach Lot G,we see "LOT CLOSED" signs and traffic cones,and drive right through 'em to find plenty of open spots.

I love that place,but I guess you can only expect so much from the federal government in these troubled times.:)

gbanude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/15/2009 :  09:21:53 AM  Show Profile  Send gbanude an AOL message  Send gbanude a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My first times I went to Gunnison was over 20yrs ago. I have moved and do not live in the area anymore. I read some of these recent posts and it sounds like some things have not changed. Parking stinks & median age is 40. Does that mean anything if in a 20yr span the median age is the same. They can't be the same people because they would be 60 now. I don't recall a gay section, has it become more obvious in the last 20yrs? I remember the volleyball net and the ability to walk a while and never see anyone. They very last time I was there I spoke to a lovely girl in her 20s and we had a lovely conversation. Of course I met her because I was saving her from some 50yo blowhards. I miss Gunnison so and wish all of you the best when you go!

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 08/16/2009 :  1:06:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, I'm back from my week at Gunnison. The weather did cooperate for most days, and the beach was great. Water was warm enough every day, and every one was well behaved. Made me wonder if I was in the right spot. lol The only traffic issues with the bridge was when they were moving construction equipment and shut both directions down till it was completed. Maybe took about 10 minutes, just a minor inconvenience as far as getting onto the Hook. I was chased off by the rain on Wed., and took about 20 minutes to get off with the traffic, but it wasn't crowded to begin with. I left on Saturday at 2:00 and only had about a 15 minute wait till I was on the bridge. I'm sure it was longer, as the beach was the most crowded I had ever seen. Some group had a site set up right in the middle of the beach, with tables, food, speakers and a keyboard. Was a day long party and no one was shunned away. If anyone is looking for a get rich quick idea, print up booklets that explain how to properly insert an umbrella into the sand on windy days. I am amazed at how many people think you just stick it in a few inches and it won't take off in the breeze. Luckily, no one was hurt by the flying parasols. Another idea, since the beach is in Jersey, lets tax the people that use wind screens by the square footage they take up. lol Might be a good way to come up with some money to expand the boardwalk, or build a set of bathrooms closer to the water. Heading down Friday again, so hope to meet a few new faces. BareNJ

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.7 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved