Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 422 ]  [ Total: 422 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 10/21/2009 :  5:09:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Missed opportunity..beautiful day today. Unfortunately, had too much to get done in the am. The wife and I did drive down to Sandy Hook and walked the paths. We did scope out gunnison from the north beach look out and noticed it was pretty full(for a weekday in Oct). When we drove by the parking lot,I would estimate about 50 -60 cars if not more.

NewNudist09

Posted - 10/22/2009 :  2:29:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by lovesthesun

quote:
Originally posted by NewNudist09

I'm a 30-something male. I went to Gunnison solo today for the first time, which was also my first ever experience with public nudity.

It was no big deal really, once I dropped the drawers and took a stroll around, I guess I was no longer a nude beach virgin. At that point my main concern was making sure I sprayed on the SPF 50 regularly.

There were too many guys (3:1 ratio or maybe even 4:1) for this hetero male's liking, but it's not like I didn't expect that. I didn't go to Gunnison to leer or try to pick anyone up, but of course nude bodies are part of the scenery at a nude beach so I was hoping for a little more fem scenery. There were a few hotties there, and I got a kick out of watching some of the guys *gawk* as they walked by and/or try to surreptitiously loiter near the hotties. Even as a first-time visitor, my etiquette was much better than some of those guys, who I think give a bad name to nude beaches.

I left around noon, no traffic at all getting out.

All-in-all I'd say Gunnison is a nice beach and I enjoyed a pleasant morning there. I wouldn;t make it my go-to beach, but I would go back.

Too many guys for a hetero males liking? Really?

At the risk of stating the obvious, and as someone who always goes to Gunnison WITH a woman, did it ever occur to you that you are part of the problem and not part of the solution?

We've spoken to many, many couples at Gunnison that wish there was a couples only section - in the past 10 years we've been going to Gunnison, we've never, ever had any problems with other couples or single females - it's always the roving trolls, or fully clothed idiots with their cell phone cameras who create trouble and drive the women and couples away. Have any of the posts complaining about inappropriate behavior here ever involved anyone besides single males?

And before all you single guys start whining and flaming away (yes, I know it's not you, it's the other guys), if you're only there to enjoy the beach and not to gawk, then it shouldn't matter that the couples would be off by themselves without you - you're just there to enjoy the sand and sun, correct?

And of course for those couples who want all the attention the trolls badly want to give you, you'd certainly be free to place your towel on the sand outside of the couples area - even better, since it would then be obvious who wants all that attention and who doesn't.

My $0.02......

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not part of the problem. When I went to Gunnison, I paid my $10 to park and took my litter with me. I kept to myself and did nothing whatsoever that anyone, male or female, would find the least bit objectionable.

Apparently you think nothing of generalizing and stereotyping, though. I presume you would prefer that African Americans stay off the streets at night because some of them commit crimes, and that people of Arab descent not fly because some of them are terrorists. Both are just logical extensions of your argument about single men at Gunnison.

munz

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  12:30:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Bob Coulter

quote:
Originally posted by Beach

Gunnisons Beach is part of the Sandy Hook Gateway National Seashore and is a long, wide, beautiful beach. During the summer months the beach averages 5000 nude/topless friendly people on weekdays and approx 8000 on weekends. We live 50 mins from the beach and therefore do not stay in hotels. However, there are several hotel/motels in the area. The Fairbanks Motel in Sea Bright NJ is the closest (5 mins). It is an older establishment with clean rooms and an excellent Portugese restaurant (Marisol) next door. The other hotels are a 15 min away. The Macintosh is in West Long Branch NJ, The Red Roof Inn and Holiday Inn are in Tinton Falls NJ. The restaurants in the immediate area of the beach are too plentiful to list. In Sandy Hook you have The Seagulls Nest. It is situated on the peninsular with spectacular views and sunsets of the ocean and bay. The food is good but the menu features only beer,well drinks, burgers and sandwiches
Just outside the park along both the ocean and bay there are dozens of fine seafood restaurants that will not disappoint you. All of these places have entertainment daily in the summer and weekends in the fall.

I've looked for Gunnison?s Beach but can't find it. I see where Sandy Hook Gateway National Seashore is but where specificly is gunnison's Beach?

Gunnison is easy to get to and very worth the trip! You can get easy directions by getting directions to Sandy Hook Lighthouse. You will see a sign for Gunnison Beach, just past Fishing Beach!
Enjoy!!

Edited by - munz on 11/03/2009 12:40:12 PM

munz

Posted - 11/03/2009 :  7:00:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sunlover1199

thinking of going this thursday. Has anyone gone durning the week this late in the season ?
if so, what's the crowd like ? Mostly couples? singles? regulars? gawkrs?
is it safe to take my g/f?

The beach is near empty, but hey why not go when it's nice (65 and sunny, however was just there 10-29-09 at 58!)???

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 11/18/2009 :  12:40:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Gang, word has it the bridge is open at last. Heard it from a friend of mine that lives right near the Hook. She says that they will be doing another span, so construction is not finished, but this may help rid us of some of the traffic coming off the Hook during those beach days during the summer. Hoping to get down there to check out the new situation, and give a full report soon. Take care and stay warm, BareNJ

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  03:40:39 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rogandjean

[quote][size=1]We've spoken to many, many couples at Gunnison that wish there was a couples only section - in the past 10 years we've been going to Gunnison, we've never, ever had any problems with other couples or single females - it's always the roving trolls, or fully clothed idiots with their cell phone cameras who create trouble and drive the women and couples away. Have any of the posts complaining about inappropriate behavior here ever involved anyone besides single males?

And before all you single guys start whining and flaming away (yes, I know it's not you, it's the other guys), if you're only there to enjoy the beach and not to gawk, then it shouldn't matter that the couples would be off by themselves without you - you're just there to enjoy the sand and sun, correct?

Sadly, Sandy Hook is one of those places where things have not changed for the better. Back in July 2003, on page 1 of this thread, I wrote a detailed description of what my girlfriend and I regularly witnessed there. Feel free to go back and read it. Just as sadly, someone who was a FORMER moderator on this board tried to change the content of my post and a significant portion of it is gone, with an incomplete cut-off sentence at the end. I know who did it but I'm not telling. As I understand it, that person's moderator status was pulled because of this kind of behavior. Very lame.

Anyway, back to the main topic. Six years later, all the stuff I described in '03 is still going on at Sandy Hook. Now things are worse with the availability of small imaging devices like phone cameras. My girlfriend enjoys nude beaches as much as I do but her comfort level at "The Hook" is not high. At her request, we always seek out a spot that is fairly remote and isolated from foot traffic. But typically some middle-aged or older dude will wander over and stand there for a long gawk after we lie down to soak up the sun. We can never be sure which one of us he is staring at, and some are not even the least bit shy about playing with themselves. The fact that I have loudly confronted these pervs on a couple of occasions, and am totally willing to confront them again, only heightens my girlfriend's tension when someone hangs around near us.

The last time we were there on a gorgeous day in September, I saw two men engaging in anal sex right out in the open as we walked to and from our spot. We witnessed occurrences like this before. It's not like you have to seek them out, they just happen in front of you at unpredictable times. One of those times a ranger truck drove right by and did nothing. I suspect that because the beach is about 80% gay, these things are tolerated or ignored by the authorities. I'm certainly not anti-gay, I simply think the rules should be uniformly enforced. A regular beachgoer told me hetero couples have been arrested for lewd behavior when caught.

And yes, the roving young guys in their ankle-length bathing trunks like to come around late in the afternoon during regular season (after the entry gates stop collecting parking fees) or any time after Labor Day to check out naked women. Many women see them approaching and throw towels over themselves. Not quite the nude beach etiquette I read about in naturist writings.

Sandy Hook itself is quite good and the only nude beach on the East Coast within our driving distance. Until certain behaviors are properly dealth with, it will unfortunately never be a GREAT beach.

Celticbhoy
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2009 :  12:35:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's sad to hear. I have gone to Gunnison three times. Twice with my girlfriend (we're both in our mid 20s) and it was an interesting experience.

The first time was actually quite pleasant. We had very little problems (except for the obvious voyeurs that are *ahem* "fishing". Occasionally I would find the blatant gawkers staring at my girl. No problem(s) there though, anytime I would stare back they would simply turn their head. Besides, she's a great looking girl in her mid 20s and nude. I'm not surprised.

The second time with her (unfortunately) was not a good experience. We could barely walk on the beach together because the eyes and attention that we got was literally too much to handle. Obviously there were few females there and if there was another young nude female on the beach, that was it. Both gay and straight were blatantly walking near us, sitting down momentarily, kept coming near, etc. It was quite uncomfortable. As you mentioned, then the young kids with their board shorts down to their ankles came by. One glare though, and they're looking away.

I thought "maybe" it was due to her. Well, I went on my own and I found out which side the "gay" portion of the beach was on (which, ironically was where we would tend to settle). Now, I have nothing against gays whatsoever. Considering I am in the entertainment industry, I have worked with, interact, and are friends with quite a few gay people. But damn...when you find some horny dude on the beach, they're extremely overt, rude, and disgusting. I had to tell a guy to get away from me in the ocean. He kept following me and kept trying to "accidentally" come into contact with me. The ocean is quite vast, my friend...go swim around!

*Sighs* Anyway, am I a nudist? No. I have only gone to a nude beach 3 times and occasionally will model for art schools, etc. there is something very liberating and "free" (as cliche as that sounds) about being naked. Is it sexual? I will argue yes and no. When you're there absolutely not. But we (my girl and I) have discussed that there is "something" after the fact, when you're away. Perhaps it's just our imaginations...I'm not sure.

But I digress, I'm not willing to right off Gunnison yet. But what you write about does worry me. Is there anything else you would like to share or add? I do appreciate your feedback.

waterboy
Forum Member

Posted - 11/27/2009 :  10:48:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I are both 34 yrs old. We spent 3 days at Gunnison this year. We try to stay with the crowd. SAFETY IN NUMBERS.
Going off to find privacy sounds like you may be asking for trouble. My wife and I get there very early, set up near the water and also next to the life guards stations. We have always felt safe. We have only gone on the weekends. I don't know if that makes a difference. In '08 we went over the labor day weekend. The crowd seemed to keep the jerks to a minimum.

Please don't let a few ruin the beach for you. Do not allow them to win. If all the good and decent people left because of them. We would no longer have this beach.

I know this lady in her 50's was there alone. She goes alone alot, most weekends. Some guy showed up and sat down with his trunks still on and was looking around. After a while she got up went over to him and said "If you're going to come to this beach then lose your suit." and he did.

If someone is making you uncomfortable, tell some of the "regulars" you can tell who they are.
Or even a life gaurd. It really feels like one big family at Gunnison.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 11/29/2009 :  8:11:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The wife and I drove to the hook today(sunday nov 29). the new bridge is open and it was VERY easy to get on and off the hook. granted there were hardly any people there but the setup to get on/off looks much better. BTW, we didn't go to gunnison, we just walked the main beach area. IT was gorgeous there today

kacinpa
Forum Member

Posted - 12/09/2009 :  8:52:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I just found this forum from a web search on Gunnison. My wife and I went to Gunnison for the first time over the summer and, given the recent weather, were thinking about how great it was and are already looking forward to next summer.

This summer was my first nude beach experience. We went to the nude section on Orient Beach in St. Thomas several years ago, but I was too uptight back then to take off my suit. I had no idea what I was missing!

Sadly we were only able to make it to Gunnison the one time over the summer, due to our busy lives, but we are going to make a point to get there as much as possible the summer of 2010.

We wil be checking in here from time to time. Hopefully we can meet some folks to hang out with on the beach.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 12/20/2009 :  12:00:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
GB is the only beach I've been to so far. Got to go 3 times in '09. Didn't notice any gawkers the first two times...but I pretty much kept to myself with it being the first two times in a social nude setting. It was also during the "regular" season with lifeguards and a lot of people, so they probably weren't as active and/or just lost in the crowd. The last time I went was in Sept. (after Labor Day) and it just seemed like with no lifeguards, they were more active. There were also less people on the beach, so it probably made them stand out more. All in all, it is still a great place to sun and relax.

dtidew
Forum Member

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  9:55:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have gone to Gunnison a few times (check previous posts for details if you want) and I wanted to become a Friend of Gunnison...I checked the site and it seems that there is no form of registration and I'm kinda confused...can any Friend of Gunnison help me out?

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  11:59:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Very hard to get in as a single guy. They don't return email, etc.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.ipernity.com/doc/elvertbarnes/5172004/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

kacinpa
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2010 :  9:24:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had sent a message to the Freinds of Gunnison (FOG) before we went for the first time and got a reply in a day or so. I don't recall if I mentioned that we were a couple or not, but the reply to my questions came quickly.

The reply said to stop by and chat with them and described their main hang out on the beach. My wife and I are kind of shy types so we didn't stop by and chat! I got the impression that they want to get to know folks in person before extending membership to the group. Just my impression. Hopefully we will get to Gunnison more often in 2010 and come out of our shells a bit and get to talking with some folks,

Edited by - kacinpa on 01/15/2010 9:25:08 PM

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2010 :  02:21:47 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I ended up next to the FOG crew one day,and had a little chat with a few of the members...

Just to clarify the obvious,FOG is pretty much about drinking and swinging,in no particular order.(They are fond of both activities,God bless 'em.)

Nothing wrong with that,but be advised that they're not exactly at Sandy Hook to guard the piping plovers' nests.If you're looking to hook up with chaste naturists,you're definitely barking up the wrong tree on this one.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.47 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved