Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 152 ]  [ Total: 152 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  08:21:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Deep Woods Off was one of several products we used during that weekend, and it seemed to attract the flies more. They loved it! Must be that nice fragrance Cheri mentioned. I just got the impression these flies were different from anything we encountered before. When we smacked them, they wouldn't even fly away and kept biting until they were dead.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  11:35:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What day were you there, nudeguy? On Sunday, they were out earlier in the day, but not for long. At least not where I was, about 50 yards in front of the snack stand. I was worried they would be out full force, because the wind was coming from the west, which usually means they are flying. But only had one land on my leg, and saw one or two more. I am not sure if the Off was what kept them away, or the change in wind direction. I have been there days when they are really bad, and biting non stop. If anyone can tell me where I can get Skin So Soft, I would appreciate it. I have been to several stores and can't seem to find it, at least not among skin creams.

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  5:18:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Skin so soft is an Avon product - and has worked every time we've used it - with no chemicals - I don't like applying any sort of chemicals to my skin so I'm happy this worked so well. It seems the flies just don't like the oily consistency or something...

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/19/2006 :  8:58:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nurserobin

Skin so soft is an Avon product - and has worked every time we've used it - with no chemicals - I don't like applying any sort of chemicals to my skin so I'm happy this worked so well. It seems the flies just don't like the oily consistency or something...

Robin, If you read the ingredients there are definitely chemicals in the product including a perservative as there is in most cosmetics and lotions.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/20/2006 :  8:51:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BARENJGUY33

What day were you there, nudeguy? On Sunday, they were out earlier in the day, but not for long. At least not where I was, about 50 yards in front of the snack stand. I was worried they would be out full force, because the wind was coming from the west, which usually means they are flying. But only had one land on my leg, and saw one or two more. I am not sure if the Off was what kept them away, or the change in wind direction. I have been there days when they are really bad, and biting non stop. If anyone can tell me where I can get Skin So Soft, I would appreciate it. I have been to several stores and can't seem to find it, at least not among skin creams.

Hey BareNJguy33, we were there July 2-4 (Sunday to Tuesday). That Monday was the day winds shifted around mid-day and brought a nice breeze off the ocean, chasing the bugs into the woods. Morning, however, was torture as was the entire Sunday and Tuesday. On our final day it got so bad we left around 1 PM. Droves of beachgoers were heading out at the same time, which is very unusual for that hour.

The weather reporters say this year's unending heat wave is coming from the Midwest instead of the usual Bermuda area. I think that might explain why the winds have been moving in from there so consistently. As we know from looking at a map of Sandy Hook, the island has forest and vegetation (inhabited by many hungry insects) west of the beach.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 08/02/2006 :  1:44:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey, just a quick question. More or less just want some opinions on people setting up tents at Gunnison. I was there for a few days, and had a great time. The only negative was one day, I got stuck between two tents. Now, mind you, I was settled in before either tent was set up. I think people taking up more space than necessary is wrong. Especially on a weekend, when we all want to be as close to the water as possible. The one tent was set up by a single guy, and had enough room in it for a family of 5. Not to mention the fact I got stuck not once, but twice by those damn frame poles. I feel the beach has enough room for everyone, but only when we all work together. If you need to cover up, use an umbrella, or put something on. Curious to see your replies.
BareNJ

bobs4ann
Forum Member

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  12:39:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Looking for information on our first time visit to Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey. Wife and I are both in our early 50's. I have been a closet nudist for most of my life. My wife has gone topless occasionally while on vacation in Jamaica but never completely nude.
We are from South Jersey and would like to try a visit to Gunnison but some of the reports that I have read have me a little apprehensive about exposing my wife to some creepy elements that appear to be hanging out at the beach.

It has taken me years to get my wife to agree to try Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey. She has always felt that it was mostly a hangout for Gays and Perv's.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on what day of the week would be less crowded...Also is there a section or area to go and feel reasonably secure about the perv things that I have read on this site. I want this to be a pleasent experience for her first time but I am having second thoughts about going.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Bob

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  1:54:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bobs4ann

Looking for information on our first time visit to Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey. Wife and I are both in our early 50's. I have been a closet nudist for most of my life. My wife has gone topless occasionally while on vacation in Jamaica but never completely nude.
We are from South Jersey and would like to try a visit to Gunnison but some of the reports that I have read have me a little apprehensive about exposing my wife to some creepy elements that appear to be hanging out at the beach.

It has taken me years to get my wife to agree to try Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey. She has always felt that it was mostly a hangout for Gays and Perv's.

Can anyone give me some suggestions on what day of the week would be less crowded...Also is there a section or area to go and feel reasonably secure about the perv things that I have read on this site. I want this to be a pleasent experience for her first time but I am having second thoughts about going.

Bob

Visiting during a weekday will probably be less crowded. You might want to get together with one of the nonlanded clubs in that area so that you'll be there with a group.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 08/12/2006 :  4:19:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, any day during the week will more likely be less crowded than weekends. As for the perv activity, there is a bit, but it mostly occurs out of sight. Once you arrive, stay to the north end, where most of the couples and families sit. Somewhere between the signs posted about entering the nude area, and the 2nd life guard chair. If you do see any inappropiate activity, report it right away. We all try to look out for one another, and want it to be an enjoyable time for all. Hoping your trip is a fun one, BARENJGUY

TEKJ13

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  1:41:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
gunnison beach is the best experience on the east coast. to avoid the "pervs" go down towards the water. it will not be tolerated there. however , in the last few years i have noticed a HUGE decline in the undesireables at the beach. just got back Aug. 4-7 and my wife and i had a great time. it seems to me the beach regulars finally got rid of most of these idiots. you will know them when you get there so have a great time. by the way, this is the only beach i know of where you can leave a wallet ,purse, or anything else of value to you and not have to worry about it being there when you get out of the ocean!!!! thanks to the people who live nereby and have gotton the place cleaned up in the last couple of years.
will be back next year,
LANCASTER. PA
NO WE ARE NOT AMISH

TIM KING, JR

bobs4ann
Forum Member

Posted - 08/13/2006 :  2:14:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone for your responses. Going to Gunnison with my wife has all the potential for disaster and I want so much for it to be a pleasant positive thing for her.

Thanks again
Bob & Annie

PS Tim ,,, we are Clam Diggers LOL

Edited by - bobs4ann on 08/13/2006 2:15:31 PM

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/14/2006 :  10:40:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BARENJGUY33

Hey, just a quick question. More or less just want some opinions on people setting up tents at Gunnison. I was there for a few days, and had a great time. The only negative was one day, I got stuck between two tents. Now, mind you, I was settled in before either tent was set up. I think people taking up more space than necessary is wrong. Especially on a weekend, when we all want to be as close to the water as possible. The one tent was set up by a single guy, and had enough room in it for a family of 5. Not to mention the fact I got stuck not once, but twice by those damn frame poles. I feel the beach has enough room for everyone, but only when we all work together. If you need to cover up, use an umbrella, or put something on. Curious to see your replies.
BareNJ

Hey there BareNJ,

That deal with the tents is a tough one. Frankly I don't think there's a whole lot you can other than to have a friendly word with the tent owners and ask them to give you some room before they set down roots. Getting stuck with the poles is a bummer. How did that happen?

Once I stumbled over a white rope holding up a tent pole. It was darn near impossible to see against the white sand. Anyone supporting a tent with ropes should be courteous enough to put small flags on the rope so it stands out. Or they can just wait until someone gets hurt and sues them. NJ certainly has enough lawyers who would jump at the case.

Regarding people who take up more space than they need, how about those "campsites" they wall off with a couple hundred linear feet of fabric (usually striped) held up by poles and marked by some kind of flag high in the air? Sometimes it's one person setting it up and other times it might be a small group. There's an all-day party going on in there, which I have no problem with, but the footprint of these encampments can often approach or exceed the size of my home's foundation. They always set up close to the water just behind the high-tide hump in the sand. On the flip side, these people generally adhere to beach etiquette, don't do anything illegal, and refrain from bothering others outside of their group with inappropriate behavior. They tend to be very good citizens of the nude beach. So... I guess we need to look at each situation from many angles.

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  12:09:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bobs4ann

Bob

I feel your concern, Bob. Introducing your lady to social nudity is a delicate balance indeed. One bad experience can ruin the whole deal and erase your chances of experiencing many wonderful days, weeks, and years together at the nude beach.

Make no mistake about it... Gunnison is a wonderful beach but if you want a perfect environment that is completely free of inappropriate behavior, occasional sightings of sexual antics, perverts who leer at your wife, and a sizeable gay contingent, you'll have to ease up on your expectations a bit. The trick is in deciding what, or whom, you will allow to spoil your day as you remain sensitive to your wife's concerns.

I just returned from a two-day trip to Gunnison with my girlfriend. Weekdays are definitely more "laid back" and much less crowded than Friday afternoons and weekends, and you're practically guaranteed a parking space in the lot that's close by instead of the far-away lot. Fewer people means more space, so you and your wife can find a location reasonably close to the water without being a couple of feet from someone else, thereby protecting your wife's modesty. Of course that doesn't mean someone won't come along and set up nearby, but it's usually no big deal.

The area around the lifeguards is loosely considered the "straight" section, although in reality it's a mixed bag. Everyone co-exists peacefully. Off to the right beyond the guarded area is the predominantly gay section. A sprinkling of straight couples can be found here. Some woman prefer to be here because they feel less threatened by the potential of getting ogled by pervs.

Be ready for the possibility of bugs. This Sunday the fly situation was pretty good. On Monday they were more prevalent and we used Skin-So-Soft as a repellant. For us it worked very well.

A few incidents of inappropriate behavior we witnessed at different times this weekend: In front of the nesting area way off to the right, two young guys were squatting down facing each other about ten feet apart and openly masturbating. In the same general area, two males engaged in oral sex. Down by the water in front of the crowded area, a man was getting frisky and held his wife/girlfriend very close while she laughed and tried to push away. When they separated, he had a erection and they continued walking along the edge of the water that way in full view. And finally, as we left the beach Sunday, we saw a Hispanic male reclining in his beach chair, sneakily taking pictures of an attractive woman about 50 feet away with his camera phone. Other people in his general vicinity could see what was happening and they said nothing.

Did we let these incidents ruin our time together? Not

Edited by - nudeguy on 08/15/2006 01:08:34 AM

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 08/15/2006 :  09:04:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Nudeguy, we are right on about the whole taking up space thing. I have never understood what those "sun or sand screens" do. They are not high enough to protect anyone from the sun, and, if the wind is blowing in from the ocean, will not stop sand from blowing on the person. Seems like it is more about staking your claim to a spot on the sand, and not wanting anyone near you. An impossible feat on crowded weekends. I do understand the tents, keeping the sun off, and having a shady spot on hot days. But, a small one that is right for the situation. Not one the size of a small home. When I'm at Gunnison, I set up my beach chair, and keep my things right next to it. I only want the area I can use, and no more. I also like to leave room fro people to walk back and forth to either the water, or the snack stand. Seems lately, you have to hunt for a spot to put your foot down when going to take a swim. And, I got stuck by the tent poles because the single guy could not handle putting everything together for the frame. He had the coordination of a pre-school recess. lol Well, I may moan a bit, but will always be a member of the Gunnison beach goes. Stay nude and free.
BareNJ

Piero

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  8:16:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me and my girlfriend are going tommorrow... YAY ... Just a warning ... there is a a guy there who is really creepy ... He always seems to find us he sets up his little towel about 10 feet from us and as soon as were not looking he starts pleasuring himself ... Keep an eye out for him he looks like magnum P.I and always has these little white shorts on and sunglasses

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.31 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved