Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 209 ]  [ Total: 209 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2006 :  10:10:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Piero

Me and my girlfriend are going tommorrow... YAY ... Just a warning ... there is a a guy there who is really creepy ... He always seems to find us he sets up his little towel about 10 feet from us and as soon as were not looking he starts pleasuring himself ... Keep an eye out for him he looks like magnum P.I and always has these little white shorts on and sunglasses

Ya know, Piero, I'm starting to think we need to bring our OWN video cameras along to film these pervs in action and show them to the rangers. Then we can see how serious they really are about combating lewd conduct. I'll say it again... there's an "anything goes" attitude at that beach, and WAY too much is tolerated!

Anyway have a great time tomorrow. Give us a bug report when you get back, okay?

Edited by - nudeguy on 08/27/2006 10:12:38 PM

wilynily

Posted - 09/11/2006 :  11:40:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm going to be in NJ in a couple of weeks. I was thinking about heading to Gunnison beach. Anyone know if there still much of a crowd by late September? or has the weather turned too bad by then?

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  08:13:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

September and early October can be the best time for the NJ shore. Kids are back in school. But best of all, the ocean temperature is warmer then June or early July.
Go, I think you'll be surprised.

Chic

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/12/2006 :  10:37:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As of 9/11 -
Got a report that users of the nude section can gain access to the beach via another walk-through just south of the bath house along the road and the regular route by the bath house is still closed due to the standing water issue. Seems the standing water is not just rain / sea water and might be over flow from the sewer plant.

9/8 - Re: Gunnison Beach---temporarily closed (flooding)
Sandy Hook Unit of the Park Police (732-872-5970) at 1:45pm today. Gunnison has been closed all week but is open today. There are electric signs detouring visitors through the Fort Hancock District.
Enjoy your visit

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Jenni

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  11:27:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi...I went to Gunnison last Saturday, and it was much easier to access as posted above by Cheri rather than walking all the way down North Beach.

There was a large crowd; the lot didn't seem to fill as early as usual, but it sure looked full by around 10:30/11. The water was wonderful - calm and warm.

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/14/2006 :  6:31:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jenni

Hi...I went to Gunnison last Saturday, and it was much easier to access as posted above by Cheri rather than walking all the way down North Beach.

There was a large crowd; the lot didn't seem to fill as early as usual, but it sure looked full by around 10:30/11. The water was wonderful - calm and warm.

How about that? The water at Gunnison has been unusually COLD for just about the entire summer, and now it warms up.

Maybe the weather will hold out for a couple more good weekends before the icebergs return for the winter.

And yes, the crowds taper off significantly after Labor Day. I always thought September was the best time to go.

wilynily

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  01:51:37 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's really encouraging. Let's hope the weather holds for the 24th when I'm going to be there.

gbanude
Forum Member

Posted - 09/15/2006 :  11:20:08 PM  Show Profile  Send gbanude an AOL message  Send gbanude a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jenni

I love to always read posts about Gunnison. I have not been there in almost 10yrs. My first visit was 20ys ago. I miss it so. For those who are able to go, enjoy every minute!!

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2006 :  7:09:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sean, Single men are actually welcome at most nudist clubs. It's all how one presents oneself either on the phone or via email. When you call about information alert the club if you are already a member of one of the national organizations. Ask about visiting, don't tell them you're coming and then ask their policies. Don't have a chip on your shoulder. My club members (Travelites with over 100 members in 19 states) have not usually had any problems as I usually make the calls for them.

If you visit Gunnison, you might also want to visit PennSylvan during the winter months. They have an indoor pool, but they do demand that you be an AANR member. You might also want to contact the Philly Naturists, a nonlanded club affiliated with TNS as well as AANR that has events all year long.

Regards, Cheri

-
-

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2006 :  7:12:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with Cheri here. All the clubs I have ever been too do not have a problem with single males or anyone else for that matter. As long as you are there to enjoy nudism. I know single guys have a bad reputation in nudism..and I am a huge advocate for their right to enjoy nudism just like everyone else.

nudeguy
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2006 :  8:42:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sean, great to hear from you and to get your perspective. From what I've seen, the "pervs" tend to be guys averaging middle-aged and up who don't even care when they are caught gawking. Sure there are a few younger ones who are more likely to sit in a folding chair with a camera phone, or who set down in the sand a few feet away from a woman for a close-up view. I'm generalizing of course, but your experience does not surprise me, especially at Gunnison. My girlfriend and I are noticing that the "uniform" of choice these days favored by older pervs is the "Gilligan" style hat (like the one worn by Bob Denver on Gilligan's Island) and sunglasses. They walk around with their mouths hanging open and unabashedly stare at attractive nude people. A good number of them favor young heterosexual couples who just want to mind their own business and catch some rays. As you found out, there are enough older curious gay men to go around as well.

Anyway you have a great attitude by not letting it bother you enough to change your routine. After your experience in the military, I can't imagine that such matters would bother you too much. Thanks for your service!

Edited by - nudeguy on 09/21/2006 9:03:42 PM

bobs4ann
Forum Member

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  07:35:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Can someone please give me directions after getting onto RT. 36. I have read that there are alot of problem accessing the beack. Wife and I are going to try to make a trip up this weekend from S.Jersey.

What is the best lot to park in and where do we go after we park.

1st timers appreciate and guidence.

Bob & Annie

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  09:20:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bobs4ann

Can someone please give me directions after getting onto RT. 36. I have read that there are alot of problem accessing the beack. Wife and I are going to try to make a trip up this weekend from S.Jersey.

What is the best lot to park in and where do we go after we park.

1st timers appreciate and guidence.
Bob & Annie

Bob & Annie, I believe the directions to the beach are on the first few posts of this topic. You might also contact FOG (Friends of Gunnison) or PhiNu (Philly Naturists) two nonlanded clubs affiliated with our national organizations.
Cheri

-
-

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  11:39:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Bobs4Ann, very simple getting to Sandy Hook from route 36. Just keep heading east to the very end and follow the signs into the park. Once you go thru the gates, free to get in now, head for area G which is Gunnison beach.
Park in the Area G lot, and walk down the path towards the beach. Not sure if the main path id open yet, heard it was closed for repairs. It's not hard to find, there are signs telling people to expect encountering nude sunbathers. Good luck, and hope the weather cooperates.

Sean22
Forum Member

Posted - 09/22/2006 :  9:58:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Sean22 an AOL message  Send Sean22 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you all for responding and making me feel welcome. I find it easy to talk here and you all make it much more enviting. Thanks for understanding my point of view. I've definately gotten more comfortable after my trip and while at Gunnison I also found it quite easy to talk with some of the older couples that were there. I would have to say it was a mixed experience as well because when I asked someone the time they merely looked the other way. I guess it's hit or miss really. Anyways Thank you for all the responces and Cheri thank you as I have already done most of the things you have mentioned before The only thing left for me to do is register with AANR

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 2.11 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved