Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 440 ]  [ Total: 441 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

powermeister

Posted - 10/12/2010 :  5:41:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Monday, Oct 11 was a beautiful day at the beach, you can walk about 1/2 mile to the south now. A nice sandbar runs most of that distance. The air temperature was about 80F, water was a little cool, but was very refreshing. If you swam or moved around it felt great.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 11/13/2010 :  3:18:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Took a trip down to Sandy Hook last weekend. Looks like the bridge will be fully finished by the time spring rolls around, so should make getting onto and off of the Hook alot easier. Today's warm weather makes me wonder if I should have headed over and bared my soul in November. lol

david nichols
Forum Member

Posted - 12/17/2010 :  10:49:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
is there a camp ground near this beach?
for travel trailers?

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 12/19/2010 :  01:50:43 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nothing real close,that's for sure.Lodgings are sparse near Sandy Hook.(Which is the sole reason that the Fairbanks "Resort" is still standing.)

njdiver

Posted - 01/11/2011 :  08:33:46 AM  Show Profile  Send njdiver a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by david nichols

is there a camp ground near this beach?
for travel trailers?

Nearest is Cheesquake State Park ... http://www.state.nj.us/dep/parksandforests/parks/cheesequake.html

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2011 :  06:04:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have gone and seen camping trailers in the lot, not sure if they were from overnight stay or not. Many years ago, my friends and I used to go and surf fish overnight. I dont know if that is still permissible. It would be cool to get a group of campers chilling overnight, unfortunately cant get naked in the lot. ....side note...One of the things NJ is missing year round nudist activity.

NJortheHwy
Forum Member

Posted - 03/07/2011 :  8:02:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm really needing a little Gunnison Beach right now. This last cold spell finally has done it for me.

I need me, sun, sand, and nothing else...Well, maybe sunblock and sunglasses too.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  07:59:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hear you NJorthHwy. Ready for warm weather, sun and surf.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  08:15:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

With spring right around the corner and it getting closer and closer to beach weather, describe your first experience at Gunnison. Here is mine:
IT was about 4 yrs ago, the wife and I visit Sandy hook often but decided to go to Gunnison because we wanted to get away from the screaming kids that were on the other beaches. We were both very nervous at first but once we put down our blanket. The clothes came off very easily and we were hooked.It just felt right.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 03/09/2011 :  3:13:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Wow, you're really taking me back, njyankee. My first time was about 12 years ago, in late June. I read about Gunnison in NJ magazine, and wanted to try it. I'll never forget that first time walking from the lot, and thinking, it cant be that far. lol I was nervous at first, never thought about being nude outdoors, much less in public. I took to it right away and never looked back. The summer isn't complete unless I spend time at Gunnison.

NJortheHwy
Forum Member

Posted - 03/10/2011 :  5:20:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Two summers ago, my wife and I (new to NJ) went to Sandy Hook just to hit a beach at a good price. We're sort of home nudists, but weren't planning on going to a free beach. We sort of stumbled upon Gunnison Beach, and loved the experience so much, we've not been to another beach since.

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 03/23/2011 :  8:06:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Great to hear from you guys...come on everyone I know there are more stories

rhody11
Forum Member

Posted - 03/29/2011 :  8:09:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey NJYankee... great topic! I stumbled across the Hook a few years ago when I was doing a lot of driving between NJ and New England. I remember walking onto the beach and being amazed at how big it was. Some people complain about the walk, but I love it. We just don't have beaches like that here in NE and it completely adds to the experience. I found being AN in that surrounding to be so relaxing, that I kept going back. Totally worth the drive. The next time I brought my girlfriend, who fell in love as well, and we've been going back ever since. Can't wait for the first trip this year!

Rhody11

njyankee60
Forum Member

Posted - 03/31/2011 :  07:01:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the board rhody11. Thanks for adding your story

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 04/09/2011 :  6:04:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey Gang, just did some researching, and if the site is updated, the season pass for Sandy Hook will still be $50. I went to the Gateway National Park website, and it did seem to be up to date. It will still be $10 for a daily parking fee. Nice to know some things are still the same, price wise. Already planning my trip down for opening weekend, Memorial Day. Hope to see some old and new faces there. BareNJ

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.59 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved