Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 491 ]  [ Total: 491 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Gunnison's Beach, New Jersey
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL
Page: of 119

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  02:09:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
You raise some good points. I would certainly hope that anyone who is there to masturbate would have the common courtesy to erect a screen before erecting anything else, for instance...

And, like you, I'm a little conflicted about the whole "privacy" issue, when everyone there has elected to be naked on a public beach.

But, to be fair, you have to admit that there are some blustery days there -even in mid-summer- when the only thing thing that stands between one and one's own certain death from hypothermia is some sort of a wind-break.(One such day was this past Friday.)

Bottom-line is this: there is plenty of room at Gunnison for those who employ windscreens and those who do not. We can all deal with this.

What we should absolutely not deal with is picture-takers and rude morons. Everyone should continue to police the place in that regard, as we all done pretty effectively in the past.

You know what would obviate this entire argument..? Just have a section roped-off for straight couples, one for gay couples, and another for single men, and place them in that geographical order. (The single girls could go wherever they please; they're never a problem.)

This is obviously never going to happen, but it would drive away the gawkers, and make the beach a more tranquil place. Personally, I'd love to see it.

candjnj

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  06:16:33 AM  Show Profile  Click to see candjnj's MSN Messenger address  Send candjnj a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
After going to Gunnison for 3 years we bought our first windscreen this past Friday, and we bought it for one reason, because it was very windy out. It worked well. We will NOT be using it to mark our area or to hide behind. If it is not windy we plan to leave it in the car. We agree with other folks on the board that say if you are shy then maybe you shouldn't be getting naked at a public beach. You may want to join a clothing optional club where members could be screened. There is absolutely no way to know a person's motivation for being on the beach or sitting near you. We are friendly with everyone on the beach, even the single guys that set up near us. It makes for a much more pleasant day. And we found that 99% of those single guys on the beach are actually very nice.

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  09:36:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Fishman81
What we should absolutely not deal with is picture-takers and rude morons. Everyone should continue to police the place in that regard, as we all done pretty effectively in the past.

I'm with fishman on most everything, except that cameras are becoming so ubiquitous we no longer can expect to avoid being recorded. Automatic "game cameras" have joined the millions of surveillance cameras, cell phones, GPS devices, E-book readers, "tablets" and other devices that record images and videos. Anyone who thinks they can go naked anywhere and not be recorded on some video or "camera" equipment is deluding themselves.

The good part is that it won't take long before so many people have so many "accidental" photos of human bodies minding our own business naked that it will cease to be worth commenting on or even saving.

Carlover227
Forum Member

Posted - 06/06/2012 :  5:50:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My girlfriend and I have only been to Gunnison Beach once, but I have to agree with Beachcouple38; I didn't see any gawkers, and I don't even know what you been by "troll." Didn't see any cameras pointed at her or anything. I'm sure they do happen once in a while but that one time we had no problems and would love to go back again.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  01:10:17 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by candjnj

After going to Gunnison for 3 years we bought our first windscreen this past Friday, and we bought it for one reason, because it was very windy out. It worked well. We will NOT be using it to mark our area or to hide behind. If it is not windy we plan to leave it in the car. We agree with other folks on the board that say if you are shy then maybe you shouldn't be getting naked at a public beach. You may want to join a clothing optional club where members could be screened. There is absolutely no way to know a person's motivation for being on the beach or sitting near you. We are friendly with everyone on the beach, even the single guys that set up near us. It makes for a much more pleasant day. And we found that 99% of those single guys on the beach are actually very nice.

Whoa, you were there this past Friday too? You are truly brave... The conditions were absolutely brutal! Worst conditions in terms of temperatures/wind that I have ever encountered there, and that's saying something.

Thursday was a perfect day, but the wind came up the following morning and turned into a genuine gale off the water. It blew so hard that the sand was as smooth as a parking lot by early afternoon. It was freezing cold, and the sea was very angry. There was really no reason at all to be at any beach in NJ that day.

As we were down there from far away with little else to do, so we elected to take a walk on the beach with our clothes on, but were nearly blinded by the flying sand... And sure as can be there's a lone, fat, naked, middle-aged guy striding around the vast expanse of open beach all by himself, hoping against hope that some crazed hot chick will show up on that ghastly day.

(We even saw one of the ever-present pervs -the old guy who wanders around wearing 70's-era lavender gym shorts and tennis shoes- pull up in the nearly empty parking lot and head to the beach, facing impossible odds...)

Oh well, I suppose it's like working for the Postal Service for those nuts; no weather, no matter how bad, will keep them from their appointed duty.

Sometimes, you just have to give up on being angry at the absurdity of Life, and have a laugh. It's only a matter of time before we all appear on the internet, I suppose, but we'll be hard to find among the millions.

palmer
Forum Member

Posted - 06/07/2012 :  08:40:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
There's nothing wrong with using a windscreen if it's a windy day. It honestly never occurred to me that people actually used it for that purpose. We only come on days that are 80+, which are usually pretty nice, so we always see people using windscreens for some other purpose.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  01:06:23 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Quick traffic question: has anyone who travels South to Gunnison from the Thruway proper ever elected to use 278 instead of the Garden State?

(It looks like it's about 25 miles farther to drive, but the GSP between East Orange and Irvington has been so backed-up lately that it might take less time...)

Thanks!

lovesthesun
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  10:21:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

You know what would obviate this entire argument..? Just have a section roped-off for straight couples, one for gay couples, and another for single men, and place them in that geographical order. (The single girls could go wherever they please; they're never a problem.)

This is obviously never going to happen, but it would drive away the gawkers, and make the beach a more tranquil place. Personally, I'd love to see it.

An excellent idea that has been discussed by others here before - if you had a straight couples section, etc, then the issues with windscreens, cameras, cell phones, and trolls essentially all go away - no worries.

And for those coupes who like the attention from trolls, or who don't see the singles guys as a problem like candjnj (you did go to Gunnison, Sandy Hook, NJ, correct?), they are free to move to the single guy section and mingle all they want.

In fact the only ones who would have any issue with such an arrangement would be those single guys whose express purpose for going to the beach was to gawk, hit on women, take pictures, etc - those going just to enjoy sand, surf, and nudity shouldn't care whether or not they're in their own section. In fact, it's better for them because they don't have to feel uncomfortable setting up near any couples, and won't have those pesky windscreens blocking their view.

And they'll also know that those couples moving to the single male section WANT more attention.

This sounds like a much better petition than 'ban the windscreens'!!!

lovesthesun
Forum Member

Posted - 06/08/2012 :  10:21:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

An excellent idea that has been discussed by others here before - if you had a straight couples section, etc, then the issues with windscreens, cameras, cell phones, and trolls essentially all go away - no worries.

And for those coupes who like the attention from trolls, or who don't see the singles guys as a problem like candjnj (you did go to Gunnison, Sandy Hook, NJ, correct?), they are free to move to the single guy section and mingle all they want.

In fact the only ones who would have any issue with such an arrangement would be those single guys whose express purpose for going to the beach was to gawk, hit on women, take pictures, etc - those going just to enjoy sand, surf, and nudity shouldn't care whether or not they're in their own section. In fact, it's better for them because they don't have to feel uncomfortable setting up near any couples, and won't have those pesky windscreens blocking their view.

And they'll also know that those couples moving to the single male section WANT more attention.

This sounds like a much better petition than 'ban the windscreens'!!!

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2012 :  08:34:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
OK, maybe we should do the same thing on every beach. Make sections according to what level you fit in. Single, family, couple, male, female, gay, straight. Better still, why dont we do the same thing every place? This way no one will ever have to interact with anyone out of their social, economic, or marital and family class. Sorry, you cant shop here today. It's straight couple with no kids, that dont want to be seen day. Can that idea finally be put to rest. Geez, its a public beach, and we all have to figure out how to get along, and stop the ones that make us uncomfortable. If you dont like being seen by anyone, stay home. Isnt nudism about being comfortable with your own nude body. And, yes, WIND SCREENS SHOULD BE BANNED!!! They are the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on a hot beach in July. For the record, I'm a single male, straight, and I do bring my girl friend to Gunnison. I also have friends that I meet there, both single male and females, and couples. I better enjoy their company, because if some of you get your way, we'll be sectioned off in some type of caste system.

BeachCouple38
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2012 :  4:40:37 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Although we read many good posts. We always enjoy reading Barenjguy33's posts. It's the voice of good logic and reason. Thank you Barenjguy33 we could not have said it better. I remember reading a post sometime ago about people from this blog forming an informal group. There is power in numbers and being able to go to the beach and sit amongst friends may be a comfort for some. Someone suggested bringing something along to denote you are with this group. How about calling ourselves NNNP for nice normal nude people lol.

Edited by - BeachCouple38 on 06/09/2012 5:02:55 PM

lovesthesun
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2012 :  9:49:15 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BARENJGUY33

OK, maybe we should do the same thing on every beach. Make sections according to what level you fit in. Single, family, couple, male, female, gay, straight. Better still, why dont we do the same thing every place? This way no one will ever have to interact with anyone out of their social, economic, or marital and family class. Sorry, you cant shop here today. It's straight couple with no kids, that dont want to be seen day. Can that idea finally be put to rest. Geez, its a public beach, and we all have to figure out how to get along, and stop the ones that make us uncomfortable. If you dont like being seen by anyone, stay home. Isnt nudism about being comfortable with your own nude body. And, yes, WIND SCREENS SHOULD BE BANNED!!! They are the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen on a hot beach in July. For the record, I'm a single male, straight, and I do bring my girl friend to Gunnison. I also have friends that I meet there, both single male and females, and couples. I better enjoy their company, because if some of you get your way, we'll be sectioned off in some type of caste system.

Thanks but don't put words in my mouth - I don't care who SEES me and my girlfriend, I care about the trolls setting up inches away and taking pictures of her which find their way to the internet. Big difference.

Again, we're NOT shy, and don't have any expectations about not being seen at a nude beach, rather we don't like going there to supply the entertainment.

And if you read my original post on this the choice for us was a windscreen or give it up entirely.

And it has NOTHING to do with socioeconomic class segregation (nice try again) or interacting with people - again, she's not into being a nude model. So if you're saying that by visiting Gunnison there is an implied consent agreeing to become a nude model on the internet, well then I guess we won't be visiting since she's not into that.

And again, can't help but noticing that you're a single guy - does your reason for coming to Gunnison disappear if you can't sit with straight couples, and have to set up among other single guys?

Finally, this isn't an issue at every beach, obviously, since internet pictures from a normal beach can't jeopardize a career, for example.

Please don't put words in my mouth or pretend this is something other than preventing unwanted picture taking.

And again, if you take away the windscreens there will be that many less couples. You won't have to segregate the trolls - that's all that will be left.

Fishman81
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2012 :  02:21:54 AM  Show Profile  Send Fishman81 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I go back and forth on this topic all the time.

Certainly, people look at other people anywhere they are, and that is not a crime. This sort of thing happens everywhere. On the street, in grocery stores, on textile beaches... The list is nearly infinite.

I suppose that what galls me at times at Gunnison is the degree of proximity that some of these Bozos find socially-acceptable. If I don't agree with their assessment of the situation, I do believe that I have the right to say something about it.

I will never allow a stranger to take pictures of my partner, that's for sure, but that's not really the problem, in my experience. As I have mentioned previously, that is pretty-much verboten at Gunnison anyway, in a functional sense. Most of the people there just don't put up with it at all, and I've only seen it happen a couple of times since 2002, followed by immediate punishment.

As far as the general issue of gawkers, refer to the basic sense of human nature that we all know to be true. I've been to SH with Russians, Italians, and French, and all those people tell me that the situation back home is the same as it is in good old NJ. Nude beaches are dominated by middle-aged looky-Lous, even back in their respective Motherlands.

The bottom-line from where I sit is this: don't go nude in public if your livelihood is in the balance, and don't tolerate anyone stepping on your toes, even if your boss couldn't care less if you like to tan yourself naked... But stand your ground and demand good manners, no matter where you are.

Edited by - Fishman81 on 06/10/2012 02:59:51 AM

BeachCouple38
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2012 :  11:03:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well said Fishman81. In all the years we have been going to Gunnison luckily we have never experienced any of the close proximity gawkers or picture takers described. I would be offended the same as anyone else at any rude behavior. I once saw a post that I thought was a great idea. A list and description of these offenders. That way we would all be able to be aware of and able to identify who to be on the look out for.

BARENJGUY33
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2012 :  11:31:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
First off, lovesthesun, when did I put words into your mouth? I commented on your post, in my own opinion. Now, for someone that doesnt care who sees you and your girl nude, you sure post enough times about it happening. There is an old saying, if you dont like whats going on, do something to change it. You seem content sitting there allowing it to happen, then gripe about it on here. Take charge of the situation, and confront these trolls, and they will back off. I have both seen it happen, and taken care of it myself. Next, if you read my post fully, you will have seen that I bring my girl to the beach, which puts us in the same class, single guys with significant others along. Questioning my motives for being a single guy at Gunnison is very much out of order, and puts you in the same class, doesnt it? You're a single guy, arent you? And, let me state, that I am very much against picture taking. But, like the rangers have said time and again, it is a public beach, and you cant stop that. Finally, when wind screens over run the beach, I think everyone will start to see they are out of order. It will start to look less like a beach, and more like some type of Wall Street protest grounds. I'm not looking for a fight, I'm fighting for my right to go to Gunnison, with my girl or alone, and treat it like a beach. Quiet times, a view of the ocean, and relaxation with friends. Not some government encampment that tells me where I can sit.

Page: of 119 Previous Topic: Blind Creek Beach, Fort Pierce Topic Next Topic: Apollo Beach, FL  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.55 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved