Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 175 ]  [ Total: 175 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 The Smooth Nudist Forum - dedicated to shaving
 Appropriate age for teens to shave
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Why not actors? Topic Next Topic: Male genital waxing: possible and safe?
Page: of 5

gymnoboi

Posted - 11/22/2007 :  1:35:39 PM  Show Profile  Send gymnoboi a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Seems to me the real question is " Is shaving appropriate " If the answer yes then its just as appropriate for one age group as it is for another. I first shaved 20 years ago and I've never been tempted to grow it back. what it comes down to is what an individual wants. A teens wants are just as valid as an adults. It's a time for exploration and defining who they are and want to become as a person.

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 11/22/2007 :  7:39:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I look back at the postings I have made through the years, and it is hard to believe how time just flies by!!!!

Our daughters decided what they were going to do in their teens. Being brought up in a nudist household and seeing everyone either "smooth" or with a "full bush" it was up to them as to where they would venture.

They were well aware that we were either "smooth" or we had a "full bush". They would kid us when we had a "full bush" as to what shade we would be, red, black, blond, auburn, brown.

They made up their own mind as to which way they would go. In the beginning they were both totally shaved. When they went off to college, it changed. One went one way and the other went the other way.

To this day many years later they are still the same.

They are both loving mothers, and one is totally shaved, with piercings, and the other has not shaved in years.

The bet thing is to let them do their own thing, and everyone will be happy. Just remember it is their life.

We are here only for a short time, so let's have a good time.

Cookie

SmoothfmrMarine

Posted - 11/29/2007 :  10:59:31 AM  Show Profile  Send SmoothfmrMarine a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I hope this will answere you. I have been shaving my legs and face since I was 16. I am now 45, for the past 15 years, I have been shaving everything; head to toe, The only place that does not get ingrown hairs are my face and legs. I am now seeing a dermatoligist, and she is removing my hair thru, lazer removal. I asked her why it was that I didn,t get the irritation from shaving my face and legs like I did the rest of my body. Her reply was, because I had been doing it for so long, on my face and legs, and the hairs there, as well as the skin was used to the razor, the rest of my body is trying to catch up.

CAPTAIN_JAMES
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  10:51:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When my now 14 year old daughter was around 5 or 6, she was taking a bath with my wife. When they were getting out of the tub drying off, my daughter looked up at my wife and asked if she was going to get hair between her legs and a "fat butt" when she grew up. My wife told her she didn't know about the "fat butt", but she would have the hair between the legs. My daughter told her "No I won"t, I'll shave it". When she was eleven we started to let her shave her legs and underarms, last year I need to get something out of our bathroom when my wife was taking a bath so I just walked right in as normal. Much to my surprise it was not my wife but my daughter in the tub with a razor between her legs, making herself look like the day she was born. I just looked at her and said "Well now if you can keep from getting that "fat butt" you will be doing good". BTW my wife does not have a "fat butt", she has a cute butt.

staffoj741

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  4:49:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I started shaving my face at 13 Christmas day am now 25. A few times shaved my pubic hair...it did make my doctor ask questions. I trimmed in college and now I shave clean

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 02/08/2008 :  6:30:14 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My peronal opinion on an "appropriate age for teens to shave" is this:
Doing so is nothing more and nothing less than a style issue that's based on the person's personal preference. So I don't see where it is an issue.

The only thing I would take into consideration at that age is the possible response and/or ridicule that might be provoked in the locker room at school. Especially for boys. Girls, I don't think so much. It seems that a lot more girls do it and right or wrong, it's more accepted among girls.

njw64uk

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  02:11:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Were a naturist family with 4 kids. Both myself and my wife have been smooth since our teens, and it was obvious that as soon as the kids reached puberty they would want to follow mum and dad.
Our son, who is now 16 started shaving this groin as soon as he started shaving his top lip.
Our daughter, stared earlier, in fact she plucked out her first few hairs, until her mum gave her a razor.
We're waiting to see what the 2 youngest decide.

rikkiann
Forum Member

Posted - 02/10/2008 :  10:16:24 AM  Show Profile  Send rikkiann an AOL message  Send rikkiann a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

i think it is up to the teenager to decide when to shave. It is not like getting a tattoo or something like that. it is not permanent. As long as they know how to handle a razor safely. I went bald just before my 12th birthday and 11 years later im still bald there

rikki

Marsand Venus
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  01:09:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I suppose it's up to the individual themselves. Although there's a sexual side to shaving for some, it isn't always. Some teenagers might shave because of fashion or they prefer the look, especially if they're nudists, others might do it just because they don't like being hairy in that area. Peer pressure is also important if their friends are shaving too.

maytrythis
Forum Member

Posted - 02/11/2008 :  12:09:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A bit funny but our oldest tried to shave her legs once when she was three. Mom ran to answer phone and when I heard her scream I ran into bath room to see what happened. She peeled a thin layer of skin off her shin. When she was old enough to start shaving her legs her mother had a hard time explaining to her that it was OK and with some guidence it could be done without cutting yourself.

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/23/2008 :  3:41:41 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This thread has evolved over the years. Saw this on the internet. Article about preteen WAXING.
www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26182276/
always helps if the link WORKS

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/spiggycat/2559377148/

Edited by - Balto Bob on 03/03/2009 06:34:53 AM

sylviewong

Posted - 03/02/2009 :  06:05:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit sylviewong's Homepage  Send sylviewong a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We are modern parents and shave ourselves, we also expect from our children that they are clean and well groomed and that they remove all body hair, not just legs, but underarms and pubic hair.

And that from the first hair on. Everyone is a little different, some start early, some have dark hair and strong, and some lighter blond. For children, the peer-pressure on the most important and strongest. I agree to remove hair from the beginning!

Our daughter, now 16, has started to shave with 11 and waxes today, our son, 14, shaves since last year.

What other families are like us? -Sylvie

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 03/11/2009 :  5:29:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I would recommend the Philips Bodygroom as a great product for a teenager. While it is not as close as a blade, he/she? should not cuts and knicks.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/2560300492/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

msmykonos
Forum Member

Posted - 03/25/2009 :  4:39:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i don't know anyone who has pubic hair. me and my peers all removed our body hair from the time it started growing, underarms, legs, pubic

nakedinla
Forum Member

Posted - 04/14/2009 :  4:31:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, it is up to the parents, who may decide to allow it after careful talk with thier children. It depends upon the child and where they are.

HT

Page: of 5 Previous Topic: Why not actors? Topic Next Topic: Male genital waxing: possible and safe?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.23 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved