Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 208 ]  [ Total: 208 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Hobe Sound Florida
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Couples Negril Topic Next Topic: Should we even bother? - Lighthouse Beach
Page: of 3

heyuh

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  6:21:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit heyuh's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What is the status of Hobe Sound Beach? My wife and I are wanting to plan a weekend there and want to know exactly where the nude beach area is. We had our first nude beach experience this week at Apollo Beach and really enjoyed it. Thanks for any input you can give us.

Buster
Forum Member

Posted - 08/03/2005 :  12:51:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't know about Hobe Sound Beach, however i go to apollo alot. I havn't been in a while because the last time i was there i got swarmed by gay guys, and felt very uncomfortable. I've been going for a year or so, i guess once in a year isn't bad i just wish i had someone to go with. If you ever go back Heyuh.. please let me know..

ann

Posted - 09/02/2005 :  11:39:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
the nude beach is at the beach at the Hobe Sound Natl Wildlife Preserve. make a left at hobe sound beach and continue 1.5 miles down beach road until you come to a parking lot for the wildlife preserve. not sure if it is legal though. but i've been several times and never had a problem -always felt comfortable - it's quiet there.

sea foam
Forum Member

Posted - 03/18/2006 :  12:41:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
does anyone know if it is still "safe" to go to hobe sound? i'd like to visit there sometime, if it is still possible to sunbathe nude there.

sea foam

cutekittenct

Posted - 04/07/2006 :  11:17:25 AM  Show Profile  Send cutekittenct an AOL message  Send cutekittenct a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i would like to know also if it is still a nude beach, and how to get there from federal and cove, or A1A and cove. thank so much. i used to go to haulover, then moved out of state for 5 yrs, and now live in stuart and have been searching for a nude beach.

thanks!!

cutekittenct

Posted - 04/18/2006 :  10:10:53 AM  Show Profile  Send cutekittenct an AOL message  Send cutekittenct a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
i just wanted to let everyone know that i went there this weekend and its says nudity prohibited. i didnt actually pay the $5 to park there, i just turned around and left. i was wondering if maybe the sign is just for show? thank you!

todaresq

Posted - 04/18/2006 :  10:24:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cutekittenct

i just wanted to let everyone know that i went there this weekend and its says nudity prohibited. i didnt actually pay the $5 to park there, i just turned around and left. i was wondering if maybe the sign is just for show? thank you!

If I went and saw that sign, after hearing that there was a nude section, would to go and it out. If there were many others there nude, I would probably say it was OK and I would disrobe... if there were only a couple of others there nude... then I would not... but I would still stay and enjoy the day.

roygbivred

Posted - 05/13/2006 :  4:49:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was at Hobe Sound Refuge today (probably the nicest beach around) - even though the sign says no nudity, you can go north on the beach about 1/2 mile or so and sunbathe in the buff. There are only a few people around and they are either nude or g-stringing it. It's a good idea to cover up if some clothes walk by. Occasionally a ranger will go by on a three wheeler, but you see him coming from a distance and you can cover up. Buy the yearly pass - it's $12.00 vs. $5.00 each time. Try it again - it's a great beach.

ann

Posted - 12/28/2006 :  04:36:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just wanted to let everyone know that I was at Hobe Sound Refuge in November and had a great day. I walked down the beach a bit and there were only a few other sunbathers. Some surfers did walk by at times but I just covered up. It's a beautiful beach and I felt very comfortable.

J and G

Posted - 06/17/2007 :  09:31:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are new to the area and were looking for a GREAT beach so we followed directions to the north end of Hobe Sound Beach. To say the least the beach is amazing. Miles long and virtually empty.

As suggested we walked about 1/2 mile north on the beach and once there only came upon nude or partially covered sunbathers. Most people stay along the edge of the dunes, and it is rather discreet.

We spoke with a local who said the park rangers rarely come by and all they will do is ask you to cover up. In the days we spend there we never saw a ranger.

GREAT beach.... enjpy the freedom!

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2009 :  12:08:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I know this is a old post but has anyone beento the beach at Hobe Sound lately, we use to go there bach in the 70's but never knew it to be a nude beach, would like to visit this spring.

gatorman4109
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2009 :  06:36:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
wow, i have lived and worked only 10 miles from hobe sound for almost 30 years and had no idea. thanks for the info. i thought haulover was the only beach in the south end of the state

nudefloridacpl
Forum Member

Posted - 11/19/2009 :  10:17:59 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were at the Hobe Sound National Wildlife Refuge yesterday. We've been there numerous times over the past year. The beach is quite large and relatively empty. If you walk a mile north nearly everyone is nude (bring water - a mile on sand can be a long walk).

I agree with the poster who said people generally cover up when they see someone coming - and disrobe again when they pass by.

You can also stay up near the woodline (where the beach meets the woods). There are little hidden areas where one could have lots of privacy, if desired.

The rangers that someone mentioned frequently aren't rangers at all. The ATV that goes by each day is a contractor for a company that monitors sea life along the beach. We have never seen a ranger there, other than at the front gate (and even that is very infrequent - usually it is just unmanned).

We've seen a number of couples there - yesterday we even saw a nude woman, just walking alone enjoying the sun all over her body. Of course, there are nude men there too, but they are pretty tame.

It is a fun beach and such a good feeling to be able to lay out on the beach nude and to swim nude. We live near Fort Lauderdale, but it would be worth it drive up from Miami or West Palm or down from Vero Beach or Sebastian or anywhere else to visit this (unofficial) nude beach.

I highly recommend this beach!

FlCpl4NewdFun
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2010 :  7:45:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudefloridacpl

Would anyone be interested in meeting my husband and I for a few hours of nude sunbathing at Hobe Sound? We're in our 30's and been there numerous times but would like to find some like-minded couples to join us. If you are interested, email us at nudefloridacpl@yahoo.com.

Sure

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 04/29/2012 :  01:08:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i know this post is old but anyone still going to Hobe Sound, also what happen with the nude beach proposal at Boynton Beach.

nudefloridacpl
Forum Member

Posted - 06/26/2012 :  11:41:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
sailawaybob, I think you may be thinking about the proposal for a nude beach in Delray Beach. Unfortunately, the issue has stalled, though I have heard that a number of nudists do gather on the northern part of the beach on the weekends. Google Dave Armstrong in Delray as he is the one leading the charge to get a nude beach there.

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Couples Negril Topic Next Topic: Should we even bother? - Lighthouse Beach  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.66 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved