Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 439 ]  [ Total: 439 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 To Bring a Camera Or Not?
 How to deal with camera phones on nude beaches ?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Photography Abuse on Nude Beaches Topic Next Topic: How to take a photo of yourself on the nude beach?
Page: of 7

alexmol
Forum Member

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  5:31:54 PM  Show Profile  Visit alexmol's Homepage  Send alexmol an AOL message  Send alexmol an ICQ Message  Click to see alexmol's MSN Messenger address  Send alexmol a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
With the massification of cell camera phones naturists have been confronted with people using them to take unwanted pictures on nude beaches.

It's making naturists avoid public lands and beaches and becoming more difficult to get new people into this lifestyle.

What can we do ?

Suggestions on how to deal with camera phones on nude beaches would be helpful.

Alexandre in Portugal

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 01/03/2006 :  6:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Alexandre, That is a difficult thing to deal with. Most nudist parks are banning photo phones in public area. I have only a phone that is used for calling. How to deal with them on public nude beaches? Be very vigilant, make acquaintances with the regulars and keep scouts about.

I know that our few nude or c/o beaches in the States has its affiliated "friends" groups and they often have tables with literature set up at the entrances. Perhaps that could be accomplished in your area.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  02:18:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It can be a problem and is an issue for many females we've talked to. We both have cell phones with a camera feature. I take it with us wherever we go. I don't care much for cell phones but it is very convenient and lessens the grey hairs on my head to be able to keep in touch and accessible to family members.

Anyone at all can ask to see what pictures I've taken with my camera phone. I do have on nude pic in my gallery.......it's of the Prof and no one else. The rest are of my grandchildren.

I think what needs to be done is to be aware of your surroundings. Be cognizant of those with phones pointed towards people. From what I've seen, the picture quality if pretty bad so if someone does get a picture of you, I wonder if anyone can make out who you are. That's not an excuse for allowing it but these voyeurs are pretty sneaky. We just gotta watch out for each other.

nurserobin
Forum Member

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  07:37:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a phone pointed at me once while playing frizbee on a sand bar at Gunnison - quite obvious he was not having a conversation... A well directed single finger salute got that camera redirected and actually put away...

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/04/2006 :  5:50:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's the spirit Robin!!

He's probably lucky all you did was give him the bird and not a punch to his beek!

desertsax

Posted - 03/26/2006 :  06:53:53 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If being recognizable in a cellphone picture is the concern, it'll be a couple of years before the cameras are good enough to be a problem. I spent a couple years as a pro photographer, and even with that background, I've never taken a picture with my phone that I wanted to show anyone.

SingingSabre
Forum Member

Posted - 03/26/2006 :  5:17:41 PM  Show Profile  Send SingingSabre an AOL message  Send SingingSabre an ICQ Message  Click to see SingingSabre's MSN Messenger address  Send SingingSabre a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My phone died...so I took it to Alltel to get it replaced. They gave me a phone with a camera (I don't have picture messaging activated, so pictures can only stay on my phone...can't even e-mail them to myself). I hate the camera feature...it's absolutly useless to me.

As to how I would deal with a person taking photos of me at a c/o area -- unless I knew them, I'd ask them not to. I'd go with the ol' intervention model they taught me at massage school, but slightly modified. State the problem, explain why it can't be done there, and ask, again, to have them desist.

If they kept at it, I'd take their phone from them. I'm a cantankerous jerk like that...sometimes.

"Son, crying in your milk is bad enough. Crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting." R.A. Heinlein.

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 03/27/2006 :  4:13:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This happened at a resort that we were at last year. There was a single male laying on the beach pretending to be playing with his phone.

I went over to him and asked if he could please put the phone away, since we were out range for any signal pick up.

He did put it away, but received a dirty look.

When we got home we called the resort and since then they have banned phones on the beach.

Hooray!!!

Cookie

paminimalist
Forum Member

Posted - 05/29/2006 :  8:23:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
If some Group has cameras etc & photos selves Fine, otherwise NO

tgg
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  5:49:58 PM  Show Profile  Visit tgg's Homepage  Send tgg an ICQ Message  Click to see tgg's MSN Messenger address  Send tgg a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I don't mind being photographed on a nudist beach or at a club, but I would rather the person using the camera or cell phone asks permission from me first. Failure to ask is just plain rude and selfish.

'Fear wraps our bodies in clothing, love allows us to stand naked' - Neale Donald Walsch (Conversations With God 1)

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 11/30/2006 :  7:25:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At our local nude beach most weekends, there is a group of "locals" that look out for us all. It is well known that if you are caught taking unwanted photos your camera and/or cell phone will end up in the ocean! The difference with our local nudist crowd.. is they have common sense. They know the difference between some one taking a picture of "consenting subject" and someone being a pervert. Many do not. And I get quite angry when someone tries to tell me I cant take pictures of my family at a nudist venue. So message to all..KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE TWO, before approachng someone in a hostile way.

Jenn

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  02:15:01 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Disclaimer:
I know this isn’t going to be a popular statement. Buuuut, first let me say, I don’t approve of camera voyeurism, and I wouldn’t do it. Nor would I recommend doing it. People that do it are depraved and need to get a life.

That being said, I have to play the devil’s advocate. The fact is: In a public place, it isn’t illegal. In a public place such as a beach, taking photographs of anything or anyone is completely legal. Anything in a public place is in the public domain. Of course, that doesn’t apply to a private place such as a club.

It is, however, illegal to steal and/or destroy someone’s personal property. No excuses, period. If someone were to throw my phone, camera or Pepsi Cola into the ocean, I would injure him if I thought I could get away with it. (Also illegal.) Failing that, I would call the police to have the offender arrested for theft and vandalism. It follows that people wanting to take photos of unwilling subjects may end up with a fist in the face. If it were me, I would be worried that I might get beat up trying a stupid stunt like photographing unwilling subjects.

The reality is: whether or not we like it, we have to deal with it. I don’t know if there is a solution to the problem other than attending a private club, where they have the right to ban the practice and do so.

Randy

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  09:39:21 AM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Laws are written by politicians who are usually lawyers for their re:election and enrichment.

Best Wishes, Jim

Notice: This moderator, operating under username 'Moderator', has been terminated for repeatedly censoring or altering posts without providing a clear indication of which policy was being enforced. Her actions were not sanctioned by this organization.

Edited by - Moderator on 12/01/2006 11:48:22 AM

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 12/01/2006 :  5:02:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like I said at our local beach there is VERY little unwanted photography. It probably has a lot to do with a group of very large men who surf there 4-5 times a week. They DO NOT tolerate any nonsense and it is well known amoung the crowds who attend that if you dont want your camera to fly into the ocean( with maybe you following close behind) that you just dont take pictures of people without their permission.

EuroTim
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  03:48:06 AM  Show Profile  Click to see EuroTim's MSN Messenger address  Send EuroTim a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings all, Being here in Italy, I'm not always right up to date on the latest jargon. Would someone be so kind as to define "JUNK- to separate fools from their money on the beach" ? Thanks.

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 12/02/2006 :  07:30:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that people who take pictures on nude beaches fall into two groups. The first kind can just want to capture the scene, not homing in one any individual. Just think, on a beach like Orient Bay for example, the contrast of the yellow parasols and the sky and sea is rather special and the same must be true of many lovely beaches. I've always taken pictures early or very late when there is nobody else about because once home I want to see views of where I've been. Shame I can't (and will not) take the odd general shot to capture the real feel of such places. That's the sad state of the world. The other type of picture taker just wants to take pictures of nude people without consent and may even include shots that appeal to perverts. These people ruin our nude world and whilst body shame / guilt continues it will ever be so. Oh for a world where we can go naked without others finding it all a question of sex or sinking into a perverted peeping Tom attitude. Take heart though, the few pictures that do get taken by such sad individuals will mostly be of such poor quality due to camera shake & haste that most of the nudists captured on cell JUNK- to separate fools from their money etc will not be recognisable even to their own mothers.
Rod

Edited by - Rodders on 12/02/2006 07:32:21 AM

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: Photography Abuse on Nude Beaches Topic Next Topic: How to take a photo of yourself on the nude beach?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved