Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 137 ]  [ Total: 137 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Society And Culture: Nudism Around The World
 Race Issues and Nudism
 Nudism and Black People
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: black friendly resorts
Page: of 4

smendes
Forum Member

Posted - 01/19/2006 :  9:27:49 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I dont see any black people in any of the photos in the gallery (except one shot with a row of girsl)... any ideas why ?

Nudism is no big deal for black people... I live among them and I know... my friends are black

So why are there not more blacks on the nudist resorts and beaches ?

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  02:22:34 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Could just be a misconception about what nudism is about. Many people I talk to think it's all about laying in the sun and getting a tan.

That is a small portion of what nudism is to us. It's definately a way of life for us and not just to lay out in the sun.

So, a few Black people I've worked with said, "there's no need for me to get into nudism cuz I already got a tan." When I explained to them what nudism was for us, they understood but still haven't joined in. One stated that he and his wife began lounging around the house nude quite a bit since we talked and their kids were all in school.

smendes
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2006 :  08:05:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Shine,

In my country I am the minority... but I cant say I know what its like for you.... because from a little child blacks have loved me and I cant say I have ever felt awkward or uneasy being the only white person at many weddings, parties and other functions....

I hope that has been your experience also... but if not... I am glad that you still have the courage to join what is a predominantly "white" nudist movement....

and thanks so much for posting

I wish that everybody would NOT be so caught up with skin color... I am always made aware of it when interacting with white tourists... first, they automatically assume that I must be a tourist too... then when they find out that I am a local native, they interrogate me at length... sometimes they reveal thir racist tendencies and sometimes not... but ALL are fascinated with my life story.

acouple005
Forum Member

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  5:33:37 PM  Show Profile  Send acouple005 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My wife and I rarely see another person of color at any nudist resorts or clubs, and wew have been to many. It seems to me that black people are not interested in such a thing because society as most people. However, it seems we are always the only black couple eveytime we go to a nudist function. We would like to meet more but it seems our cohort has just not caught on the lifestyle. In what states do you you guys think nudist people of color are represented the most? Ohio sure is not it, nor is Indiana.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  7:51:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by acouple005

My wife and I rarely see another person of color at any nudist resorts or clubs, and wew have been to many. It seems to me that black people are not interested in such a thing because society as most people. However, it seems we are always the only black couple eveytime we go to a nudist function. We would like to meet more but it seems our cohort has just not caught on the lifestyle. In what states do you you guys think nudist people of color are represented the most? Ohio sure is not it, nor is Indiana.

A very nice fellow started a club for those of color and others in TX. Florida has a number of Blacks in their clubs.

Would any of your Black friends from your textile
life want to accompany you?
Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

acouple005
Forum Member

Posted - 01/26/2006 :  11:23:14 PM  Show Profile  Send acouple005 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No, we have not been able to get any of our friends to join us at the clubs. I think because the majority of people who frequent the clubs are older; If we were able to get them to go, they would probably be bored. I dont mean that in negative, but I just wonder if they would be even more uncomfortable because of the age difference or the lack of commonality in the sense in age. I think one couple we know very well would go, but I want to take them to a place that has alot of activities so that they can experience nudism completely and gain a genuine apreciation for it and then maybe go with them to a small more socially based club that requires the person to simply enjoy being nude around others.

Edited by - acouple005 on 01/26/2006 11:28:14 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  10:26:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

No, we have not been able to get any of our friends to join us at the clubs. I think because the majority of people who frequent the clubs are older; If we were able to get them to go, they would probably be bored. I dont mean that in negative, but I just wonder if they would be even more uncomfortable because of the age difference or the lack of commonality in the sense in age. I think one couple we know very well would go, but I want to take them to a place that has alot of activities so that they can experience nudism completely and gain a genuine apreciation for it and then maybe go with them to a small more socially based club that requires the person to simply enjoy being nude around others.

You might visit one of the nonlanded clubs in OH.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

NudeAl
Forum Member

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  3:57:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm out here on the west coast and yes it does seem to me there are very fewer others of different races interested in this lifestyle. I usually do see some others but never a significant number. One idea might be to check out resorts in the Carribean. I think the location, the fact that it truely is a vacation destination might be what you're looking for. I have never been there myself so this is pure speculation on my part. It sounds like what you are looking for is to find others more in your age bracket. If that is the case I would suggest that the place to go would be to a established nude beach like Haulover in Miami. I think you will find more of a younger crowd at those places than at an established resort where the median age tends to be a bit higher. I have seen a group of black nudists somewhere on the web. They were based somewhere on the east coast but I can't seem to find there site at the moment. Regardless I hope you will continue to seek a place where you and your spouse can enjoy the benefits of social nudism. Good luck and if I find that site I will post it here for you.

"The best dress for walking is nakedness." Colin Fletcher

acouple005
Forum Member

Posted - 01/27/2006 :  4:08:02 PM  Show Profile  Send acouple005 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NudeAl

I'm out here on the west coast and yes it does seem to me there are very fewer others of different races interested in this lifestyle. I usually do see some others but never a significant number. One idea might be to check out resorts in the Carribean. I think the location, the fact that it truely is a vacation destination might be what you're looking for. I have never been there myself so this is pure speculation on my part. It sounds like what you are looking for is to find others more in your age bracket. If that is the case I would suggest that the place to go would be to a established nude beach like Haulover in Miami. I think you will find more of a younger crowd at those places than at an established resort where the median age tends to be a bit higher. I have seen a group of black nudists somewhere on the web. They were based somewhere on the east coast but I can't seem to find there site at the moment. Regardless I hope you will continue to seek a place where you and your spouse can enjoy the benefits of social nudism. Good luck and if I find that site I will post it here for you.

"The best dress for walking is nakedness." Colin Fletcher

By no means am I looking for an all ethic nudist enviroment, I am just wondering if there are any that have a larger amount of diversity. Thanks everyone for you advice. I figure Haulover would have younger people, or any public nude beach for that manner, but we would rather go to a club or resort where cameras are some what restricted and we can have a greater sense of safety.

RodNStaff

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  12:04:38 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm Black and my lady friend and I just visited our first nude resort/camp. We had a cool time meeting some cool White folk. And we'd like to find more Blacks who want to experience nudism. How can we connect?

Naturist.Rich
Forum Member

Posted - 07/04/2008 :  01:47:19 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can't speak for resorts or clubs as I'm not a member of one and have never been to a resort (hope to get to one sometime soon). But I am a regular visitor to Haulover Beach in the Miami, Florida area and out of the hundreds of happy beach goers during my 6 day visit last week, close to 40% were African American and hispanic. The remaining were made up of whites and of many different European ethnicities. So with those kind of numbers, it looks like "people of color" have indeed found out about naturism and clothing optional beaches.

vijay_kumar

Posted - 05/18/2009 :  7:27:07 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am East Indian and livingin Canada. I am looking for a nice nude resort in Ontario near (Guelph/Hamilton/Toronto) area. Can any one help me?

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 05/18/2009 :  11:49:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
vijay, a google search found the four seasons nudist resort in freelton, ontario. it says it's only 40 minutes from toronto. if i remember correctly, if you drive the 401 west, you'll see a sign for it along the road.

dragon
Forum Member

Posted - 05/21/2009 :  11:12:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit dragon's Homepage  Send dragon a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
With my experience here in the midwest, blacks don't go out in public naked. They are home nudist or exhibitionists. There's a small percentage with this. But the percentage has a greater with hispanics. I know a few hispanics and they tell me nudity is common in the household, mostly with the young women. My teenager told me most of his hispanic girlfriends never wear any panties. So I believe other races love to be nude too, but in different ways.

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 06/30/2009 :  9:20:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I did see a black man at Oka, the clothing optional beach here in Quebec, just last week. But he wasn't nude, he had on swim trunks.

Naked_Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 07/10/2009 :  4:57:40 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am black and I think you will find our people a little more uptight and conservative when it comes to nudity, nude beaches, even being nude in the locker room, I notice more white guys going back and forth totally nude, towels over their shoulders, while most black guys wrap their towels around them. This is just my observation at the gym that I go to.

I do have a couple of buddies who have expressed interest in going to a nude beach, and 2 have even gone skinnydipping with me.

I think it is a matter of comfort for most.

if you like being naked, YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!

Page: of 4 Topic Next Topic: black friendly resorts  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.3 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved