Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 141 ]  [ Total: 141 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Society And Culture: Nudism Around The World
 Race Issues and Nudism
 black friendly resorts
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nudism and Black People Topic Next Topic: Minority/ethnic nudism at clothing optional resort
Page: of 3

newbi
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  1:58:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i was recently asked, if i knew of any black friendly resorts. as i don't really frequent any resorts i was unsure how to answer this question. i didn't even know that there was a problem in this aria but i knew if ever there was a place to get some honest and helpful information it was here. so any info you can provide would be great. thank you

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  2:41:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are all Black-friendly. Nudists do not discriminate because of skin color. In fact, the South Florida Free Beaches, a nonlanded club in So. Florida has a Black lady at its helm.

Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 01/22/2006 :  8:22:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'll second Cheri's input. My wife is african-american, I'm bi-racial. We've always been very well received wherever we went, and that includes Cheri's club Travelites. And we've never gotten adverse reactions or "funny looks" from any of the members of the numerous clubs/resorts we've visited.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  12:09:10 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
So far, I've been to - - - , Living Waters, Hidden Beach, and Eden Bay. There were black guests at all of these resorts. Naked people tend to be pretty accepting of other naked people. The details of one's appearance don't seem to matter.

smendes
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  01:54:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is all very good to hear.

All we need now is some photos to prove it...

photos showing both blacks and whites mingling and having a good time together...

except for one or two...

I cant find such photos... can anyone else ?

Its important..

and you want to know why ?

If we are really trying to promote nudism as multi-racial... then the photos should reflect such... they say a picture is worth a thousand words...

if all the photos they have ever seen show nothing but crowds of white people then only the most daring and adventurous blacks are going to come.

so the question really becomes whether you actively want blacks or merely allow them in.

Even though you say that nudists dont discriminate... you need to put yourself in the position of being black and realize that there IS sensitivity on the part of a black person, who in most cases HAS experienced discrimination in the wider society at some time during their life.

Even though a few may respond to this thread.. knowing whites as I do (after all I am one of them)... I cannot really believe that the white majority would be happy if the status quo were reversed and blacks greatly outnumbered whites at the majority of resorts.

Please bear in mind that the few blacks currently in your resorts, in all probability think and act "white" and may even prefer to be around your race rather than their own.

Blacks will come in their numbers only when they are actively welcomed and truly wanted... otherwise they will organise their own clubs quite apart from yours.

Thank God race relations are improving.. but there is still a way to go yet.

I think black and I live in a black country... but do you believe I could walk into any black neighborhood in the USA and be welcomed as if I were black... they MIGHT accept me if there was some black person there to speak up on my behalf (like a relative from my island.. we all have some family members living in USA and I have a few black relatives)

I hope you find this posting helpful and I long for the day when it really will not make any difference what color skin a person has... however based on my everyday experience with USA tourists I know that day has not arrived as yet.

If it can happen in the nudist community first.... then so much the better... here's hoping....

smendes
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  02:22:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
one other thing...

the idea that black people may not be interested in nudism because they already have a tan is nonsense

black folks love the beach and the sea just as much as white folks... and they also love to be nude and I speak from personal experience.

just create the right environment and they will enjoy themselves.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  08:34:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
smendes, I personally asked one of the Black ladies who I met at one of our events and asked why there were fewer than in the general population. She told me 1) most thought it was to just lay out in the sun and 2) They began without clothes and no clothes was a sign of enslavement and poverty. These are not my words but those of a woman of color.

Not everyone is comfortable in having their photo taken for publication.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

smendes
Forum Member

Posted - 01/23/2006 :  7:04:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Cheri,

thank you for that information... that is her (the black lady) view of why her race is not interested in naturism... and probably applies to quite a few people... but it is hardly universally valid.

I think we need to avoid sterotyping this... I am guilty of doing it too... just because a person is black does not mean they belong to some kind of "collective conciousness".... within the black race there are many conflicting views and attitudes... whites same thing.

we really make an error when we say, "blacks this" and "whites that"... as if all whites/blacks think and behave the same way...

but here are the major points again...

1. Organised Naturism has failed to attract blacks in large numbers

2. but blacks DO enjoy nudity just as much as whites do

if everybody agrees with the two points as stated... then and only then can we move into an analysis of what to do to attact more blacks to Naturism... pre-supposing, of course, that organised Naturism actually wants more blacks in their ranks.

Your point that blacks may collectively be more camera-shy than whites is possibly true... and we can explore that some more... we can ask ourselves what are the possible reasons for this... and what can we do about it, assuming that we actually want to do something about it.

this is a DISCUSSION forum... and hopefully, many persons or all races will add their .02 cents worth to this topic.

In the meantime, I have sent in quite a few photos for your Admin to make selection.

All persons in my photos have no problem posing nude in front the camera... and are quite willing to show said photos to the world... otherwise I would not have submitted them

I do not travel much... but should I ever visit an organised Nudist facility.. I will be bringing my black friends with me as many as are willing and able to come.

tumbleweedaz

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  1:25:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks everyone! I'm new to this forum and new to the nudist experience in the states. I'm american born and raised, but spent several years living in Europe where I was really introduced to what I thought was the naturist experience. The kicker is I'm African-American and was of course the only one at the time partaking with everything from Scandinavians to Greeks. The funny thing is, ever since returning to the states I've not really pursued anything and now that I live in Arizona, I often would love to share the experience, but am not sure where people will be as welcoming. Can you help?

blackrebel
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  1:59:06 PM  Show Profile  Visit blackrebel's Homepage  Send blackrebel an AOL message  Send blackrebel a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So far there have been VERY few if any complaints from US, even in the southern states. My biggest issue is that so many other minorities have a hard time seeing this as a non-sexual event.

tumbleweedaz

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  2:30:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks blackrebel! I never understood why so many people have considered a nudist experience a sexual one. But then again I believe that a lack of exposure may have something to do with it. Are you Arizona based? My fiance and I have considered the New River location but just haven't made it up there yet.

blackrebel
Forum Member

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  3:19:04 PM  Show Profile  Visit blackrebel's Homepage  Send blackrebel an AOL message  Send blackrebel a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I am in Cleveland, OH and trust me, it is not easy meeting let alone educating others that being a minority is not frowned upon and that we can participate in nudist activities.

Lack of awareness is the issue. We are subjected to soooo much BS that promotes booty shakin and dressing like video ho's and being pimps, no wonder nudism is nis-understood.

tumbleweedaz

Posted - 07/28/2009 :  4:15:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Absolutely! I'm hoping that there are a few people out here in the Scottsdale area that may know of various locations and events where we can enjoy a few activities as nudists. Considering that it is summer in AZ at the moment, swimming activities are very high on the list.

blavan
Forum Member

Posted - 11/02/2010 :  1:55:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are a black couple, and we have visited many nudist resorts since the 90's. We have never had a negative reaction from anyone. We have been to mostly southern nudists resorts on the East Coast. Nudists are friendly people and no negative racial incidents have been experienced by us. Race has never been an issue. We also see other minorities including, Orientals, and Indians, and others in attendance at nudist resorts. Most of the nudist people in attendance are of European heritage. We are not saying that it could never happen, but we are saying that we frequent nudist resorts multiple times every year, because it is our favorite recreation, and vacation choice, and we have never experienced racism in a nudist environment.
Go to White Tail Resort, Sunny Sands, Serendipity, Cedar Creek, Cypress Cove, or Lake Como, and you will be warmly welcomed. We have visited all of them, and some of them numerous times.

Being Naked and Being Real

Adman-58

Posted - 06/14/2011 :  12:04:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This subject of blacks and naturism is one that is dear to my heart. I am an African American male, and I have been a nudists for over 40 years. I have visited many venues in the US, Mexico, Jamaica, and Europe and I have never had any problems accept one time out in Arizona. I cannot remember the resort's name, but it was on Black Canyon Road in Phoenix. There was one gentleman that made the remark that black people should not be allowed to visit nudist parks. My instincts were to let him have a piece of my mind, but my common sense got the better of me and I just ignored him. The one resort that I visited and thought I would have a problems was one of most friendly clubs that I have visited. The members and other guest were very cordial and friendly to me and that was club Cedar Creek in Pelion SC.

Speaking of SC, I did accuse Cheri's organization, the Travelites, of being racist, but she soon put a stop that and I had apologized to her. It is to bad that I had departed SC before I found out about the organization, I would be a member now.

I am interested in finding more people of color that I could enlighten them with the joys and befits of being a naturist. I know that there are many military people that are naturist, but I am having a tough time trying to recruit them. Over here in Europe, the venues are plentiful and easy to get there. Cora and I just spent 4 days over in Croatia and in two weeks we will be going to Hungary. Even thoug I don't see another black face at these resorts, I think nothing of it. I am a friendly and out going person and I make friends very easy.

Blavan, if you and your spouse ever come this way (Vicenza Italy) please look us up, we would love to travel with you.

Fred Williamson

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 06/15/2011 :  11:17:51 AM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I really do not think this is an issue anymore in this country (maybe in isolated pockets--not mainstream society). I've never seen any racial bias in a quarter century of nudism. For whatever reason, I don't see many black people at resorts/beaches; I do see more Asian and Hispanics. I doubt very much it's because they fear discrimination.

And don't forget, we do have a black president. ;-)

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Nudism and Black People Topic Next Topic: Minority/ethnic nudism at clothing optional resort  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved