Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 204 ]  [ Total: 204 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Is There A Nude Beach In ... ?
 SW Ontario
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Is There anywhere to be nude near Marathon Fl? Topic Next Topic: Cuba
Page: of 11

beachdudeangal

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  05:08:06 AM  Show Profile  Click to see beachdudeangal's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Matilda, It is not entirely correct. There is another way to access this beach. Locals do not go to the Prov. park, to go to the beach, as there are not only park beaches there, but also part of the community beach as well. So if one wants to go right to the optional/nekkid beach might also park and walk for free, although it is almost twice longer walk. The free parking is located in the harbour area, and if you aim at the lighthouse at the entrance to the harbour, you will get to the walk which will take you to the free parking lot. This walk will take some 40 min, but if you have nothing to carry, and a nice company...

Matilda
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  1:41:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
beachdudeangal,
Yes... you are correct. I did that once....
Although it took me over an hour to walk that far.

Walking from beach 5 to the private area is atleast 12 minutes. So you can imagine walking from the harbour and across the 5 beaches of port burwell.

All I remember is my legs killing me by the time I reached my destination. Carrying a bag and umbrella all while walking in beach sand is tuff. And if you play at the beach all day.... there's a walk your not looking forward too!

I have a 2 y/o that we bring as well, so the short walk is VERY much prefered.

cg44
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2010 :  9:42:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Does anyone know when the Park is opening???

alancarnocahn

Posted - 04/03/2010 :  06:39:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Provincial park operating dates - http://www.parkreports.com/openclose/index.php?year=2010

Port Burwell opens May 14

Naughtboy

Posted - 04/14/2010 :  12:23:50 PM  Show Profile  Click to see Naughtboy's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
i naver been in nude beach i live in Missisauga ontario want to go to nude beach near not more then 1 hr drive can u guide me if u like if any one know or like to join me for that can email me

Like to Make Friends

JackNeilson
Forum Member

Posted - 04/14/2010 :  12:48:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hanlan's Point Beach on Toronto Island

twooldfogies
Forum Member

Posted - 04/15/2010 :  4:33:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My husband and I are new to nude beaches but have been dying to go to one for a while. Just found out about Port Burwell. Is the park open yet? We are going to Niagara this weekend and thought we stop at the beach on our way home.

Matilda
Forum Member

Posted - 04/16/2010 :  08:00:22 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twooldfogies

My husband and I are new to nude beaches but have been dying to go to one for a while. Just found out about Port Burwell. Is the park open yet? We are going to Niagara this weekend and thought we stop at the beach on our way home.

4 posts up says May 14/10

Edited by - Matilda on 04/16/2010 08:01:20 AM

twooldfogies
Forum Member

Posted - 05/17/2010 :  9:10:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
has anyone tried the beach at Port Burwell yet this year? Just wondering if it is still clothing optional or whether it is under new ownership

cg44
Forum Member

Posted - 05/21/2010 :  9:59:29 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Was there today, business as usual. Not very busy, only about 20 people, but should be busier this weekend.

twooldfogies
Forum Member

Posted - 05/22/2010 :  3:01:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey cg44, do you know of any other beaches or resorts in the area. We live west of London, Ontario so it is a good 1.5 hour drive for us to get to Port Burwell. Have you ever tried the Bothwell facility>

Ringle

Posted - 05/24/2010 :  8:43:47 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by twooldfogies

has anyone tried the beach at Port Burwell yet this year? Just wondering if it is still clothing optional or whether it is under new ownership

Hello All,

I was at Port Burwell today and had a very relaxing stay on the beach. There were probably 150-200 people in the C/O section, almost all of them nude, and probably another 200-300 in beach areas 1-5, with clothing. It's well worth the $10 park admission fee to be able to drive down to the far west end as there is still a 15 or so minute hike to the nude beach area. It was hot and sunny today and I'm afraid I did get a little too much sun! The water was reasonably warm and there were many people cooling off in it. It did look a little murky and there were some dead fish floating near the shores. The first 10 feet or so of water has a pebble/rock bottom, but then it becomes soft sand and it is fairly shallow for some way out in various areas. It was a very relaxing experience there and I did not feel uncomfortable at any time. The occasional person or couple walked by wearing clothing and from what I saw most were simply curious onlookers, not gawkers by any means. I believe most of these "textiles" were simply unsure about trying this themselves and just wanted to see what to expect before going bare. There were a handful of families with children as well. There was also what appeared to be a "beach patrol" in the form of a (clothed) person on an ATV. He was stopping to talk with many of the beach goers so I assume he was making sure everyone was safe and comfortable. It's nice to know that one can leave their belongings unattended and not have to worry about coming back to less than than they left at their towel. Most people there were quite friendly and it was not unusual to be greeted with a friendly hello from a complete stranger. All in all a great place for the naturist to hang out.

Toothpick
Forum Member

Posted - 05/28/2010 :  9:51:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello,

I'm new to this forum and to the nude beach scene. I heard about Port Burwell nude beach and thought I would check it out myself.

First off... yes it's quite a walk, but parking in the far west side of the park helps to cut down on that. I was there On Friday May 28th and did not see anybody there at all. I wasn't sure at first if I had the right place so stayed dressed. After an hour or so I saw some more nudists and I was comfortable enough to bare all. I found there were alot of driftwood and bushes for privacy which was nice it was not crowded at all (10-15 people)so I felt very comfortable. Apparently weekends are busier.
The lake is still a bit chilly but given that it's May, it may too early for a dip. But the sun was out and soaking up the rays.

All in all I would definitely return.

AndyReneebabes

Posted - 06/27/2010 :  3:42:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hey there,
I am also very new to this and my fiance and I have been pondering about spending some of our summer time at pt. burwells nude beach. As i know that it seems like a nice place for people to be free and be them selves, what are some of the major rules on this beach? I've read that it is private, so can we bring a few refreshments to enjoy(beer)?
What do people think about cameras on the beach? i do like pictures of my fiance, but i don't want to offend anyone or bring a camera to this place if its not allowed.
Iam 27 and she is a bit older then I, and i know that sexual activities are prohibited on the beach but what happens when for example men are a little arroused and maybe do get hard? will i get kicked out from the beach? i know it probably happens but i just want to know what is allowed or the best thing to do. if anyone can help with my questions and maybe give me a few more pointers or heads up just so i know. thanks alot..
Andy

Andy Clayton

Matilda
Forum Member

Posted - 06/28/2010 :  8:48:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes this is a privately owned beach, which is cared for by a group of regulars. I've been to this beach MANY times, and a vast majority of the people are familiar faces.

I have seen people enjoying "beverages", but it was casual and amongst their own group, and done so quietly. Any loud or vulgar activity will get unwanted attention quickly. The regulars treasure this beach and will protect it.

I thank them for their care of the beach in all manners.

Pictures. I don't think others would be offended by this as long as it's done in a non-sexual manner. And that only yourselves are in the pictures. There is lots of beach space, so keep your distance!

Please keep in mind on weekends there are families present. Last weekend there were a few groups of people, and two families with kids, in my area alone.

In fact, now that school is out. Expect more families.

Page: of 11 Previous Topic: Is There anywhere to be nude near Marathon Fl? Topic Next Topic: Cuba  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.2 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved