Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 1 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 174 ]  [ Total: 175 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Nudism: research
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Photography Ban Topic Next Topic: Cheri...  

spongo

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  10:30:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi there!

I'm currently doing some research concerning neuro-psychology, dogmas and nudism. I was wondering if any of you people could offer me some assistance: all you have to do is simply respond to my 4 reasons for not being a nudist:

1) I wouldn't feel comfortable.
2) I can't see the appeal.
3) I wouldn't like just anyone seeing my genitalia.
4) I live in the UK- it's cold and rainy here.

Thanks!

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  11:47:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Those who visit this forum/message boards are all nudists. I can't see any reason for not being a nudist. Nudists aren't always nude. There are perfectly good reasons to have some textiles on from time to time: health, work, safety are just a few I can think of off the top of my head.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Edited by - Cheri on 05/18/2006 11:48:49 AM

Pete Knight
Forum Member

Posted - 05/18/2006 :  3:41:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by spongo

Hi there!

Hi there yourself!

quote:
I'm currently doing some research concerning neuro-psychology, dogmas and nudism. I was wondering if any of you people could offer me some assistance: all you have to do is simply respond to my 4 reasons for not being a nudist:

I think you should have researched this forum a lttle before posting that message.

quote:

No, I feel fine about nudity.
quote:

I can't see the appeal either,.....I FEEL it!
quote:

Theres nothing wrong with mine, why would I worry about anyone seeing my genitalia?
quote:

You mean you haven't tried the delights of rain on your naked body, or rolled naked in the snow, you poor deprived child!!

quote:
Thanks!

You're welcome, any time!

Pete Knight

Even a prude
has to be nude
........sometime!!

Bilby
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  03:47:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
You've started with a false premise that there is a dogma to nudism.

If those are your reasons for not being a nudist, then there is nothing to respond to. If you choose not to be a nudist, then that is your decision and I'm sure everyone here respects that.

Nobody is out to change anyone else. Do your own thing. We do.

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 05/19/2006 :  07:51:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:

One of the issues I see with non-nudists are body shame issues. I tend to have "reverse" body shame. Resembling a "chunky dunker" more than a "skinny dipper", I do not like swimming with clothing on. I do not have those same inhibitions with no clothing on... Nothing to hide!

quote:

As someone on a different topic stated, it is sensual. The feeling of the sun, air or water on the skin is wonderful. No wet suit to deal with!

quote:

Not a problem when in a clothing optional environment. I do, however, have an aversion to being arrested so I do not just wander naked anywhere. That is one of the complaints I hear quite often.

quote:

What about indoors? Group swims? I know that even in the UK, it does warm up occasionally.

paminimalist
Forum Member

Posted - 05/29/2006 :  3:01:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I feel Comfortable-locale depending.
Love the appeal in summer & again right locales
Dont mind others seeing my Pvt parts IF everyone else is Nude too or semi nude.
& NO I dont live in the UK.

Best for nude research:
Port Nature, S France
Club Orient, Caribbean
Eden Bay DR Caribbean
Montalivet, France
S Spain Resorts
Glen eden Club, Corona CA
FL Clubs AANR.

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  12:56:47 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
... I'm currently doing some research concerning neuro-psychology, dogmas and nudism. ...

See "Therapy, Nudity & Joy" by Aileen Goodson, Ph.D; and "The Nudist Idea" by Cec Cinder, Ph.D.

Each of the four issues you raised involves a subtle denigration of the human body, and as such is a symptom of mental illness. Just because that illness is commonplace does not make it less harmful. For example, excessive attraction to a hunk of metal called an automobile removes our objectivity and causes us to accept excessive death and injury as normal and natural the same way excessive attraction to a covering of cotton/polymer removes our objectivity and causes us to accept denigration of our bodies as normal and natural.

In the references above, you will find relevant facts and extensive discussions and debates on this topic. Good Luck.

Paul1011
Forum Member

Posted - 06/22/2006 :  12:39:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I am not really understanding the point of the 4 reasons. They sound like your personal reasons for not being a nudist. With respect to that, it seems like #4 is a very good reason. It is enjoyable to be nude in nice weather. I have never found the UK to be especially great for outdoor nude recreation. I feel like most people get past the first 3 reasons very quickly once they are nude in a nice nustist environment. That being said, I know many people that don't find social nudity to be interesting and have no intent to try it. That's fine and I accept that it is not for everyone.

Paul1011

Rodders
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  05:32:46 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Maybe because of your upbringing you find yourself unable to relax whilst perceiving nudity to be a thing which induces unease. Could be you think nudity is a very private thing.

If you can't see the appeal, it also might be that swimming, beaches & sunbathing also are things that hold no interest. This is not uncommon here in the U.K. given our brief summer climate and entrenched views on dressing etiquette.

The desire to hide or keep covered our genitalia is also I suspect, something that our parents and society drill into us from the moment we become aware of our bodies. We have to conform to the dogma of conformity. The reality is that all of us have genitalia and had our ancestors decreed that ears were parts to be hidden we would all (except earists) be wearing ear muffs which really makes just about as much sense to me. The real question is WHY would you want to hide your body?

It isn't always cold and or rainy here. I've lived in the North West of England all my life more or less, and the summer offers plenty of chances to enjoy the open air. Why do all the seaside towns attract tourists? Going to warmer climates is easier now, given cheap air tickets but places like Blackpool, Brighton, Clacton (sorry to bore you over the Atlantic) et al were all founded in Victorian times for the purpose of sea bathing & "taking the ozone". The European nudist movement started probably in Germany (FKK) and found a home also in England in the 1920s & 30s despite the inclement climate.

I suspect dogma is adhered to by both nudists and those who find the prospect of uncovered genitalia an issue. Naturists love the freedom of nudity & those who are not love the feel of clothing even when swimming and taking the sun. Each to his own.

Rod

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  09:09:57 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
All of your questions are fear based questions accept number 4.

Everyone will tell you it is healthy to face your fears. When you do try it, I'll bet the next question you ask will be "What Took Me So Long".

As for number 4 if your cold put something on or turn up the heat.

Diger

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 06/23/2006 :  10:23:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Let's see, spongo, you're looking for responses that lead to self-improvement and personal development by challenging or counteracting arrogant assertions of opinion with respect to nudism. The assertions counter to nudism for which you seek antidotes being the four statements listed.

1) It seems common to be anxious about a new adventure to be experienced. The statement: "wouldn't feel" is, by definition, mere conjecture. It serves only to put off finding out the truth about something. It is an impediment until curiosity finally causes one to find out for themself what it does feel like.

2) Perhaps a person who "can't see the appeal" of engaging in a particular endeavor is desiring to be convinced? The statement is in contrast to "absolutely not!" So these folks need to be apprised of the freedom of nudity. Free of constraints, nothing to have to hide behind, no pretenses, just you and the world. Then too, as Shel Silverstein once said, "You get to see a lot of naked people."

3) Oh that this assertion might keep the exhibitionists away from nudist venues. This is the absolute reality of naturism. One's genitalia are not hidden. Nor is the rest of one's body. At first that is sort of a "rush", but one acclimates over time and the potential for openness and honesty that presents itself overcomes the thought of being naked. After a while it is just not that important.

4) Alaska, too, has a cold climate. So one needs to find places to gather that are large enough for the number involved and private. Nudity is not limited to the great outdoors.

Cheers.

Edited by - GeeWilly on 06/23/2006 10:27:14 AM

Ranger191
Forum Member

Posted - 07/01/2006 :  1:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ranger191's Homepage  Send Ranger191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nicely stated, GeeWilly.

Nobility is not a birthright, it is defined by one's actions.

Previous Topic: Photography Ban Topic Next Topic: Cheri...  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.38 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved