Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 187 ]  [ Total: 187 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Nudism - Supporting Family Values / Mental Health
 Are we being selfish
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Sex Seekers Posing As Nudists - Sorting Bad Apples Topic Next Topic: Who is in the crowd?  

fadetoblack72

Posted - 06/08/2006 :  7:38:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My partner has introduced me to being nude outdoors and we are going camping in a month. We both want to be naked but her 9yo daughter will be with us. She knows that we like to be naked outdoors but has never seen us naked.(I think she has seen her mom naked around the bathroom, etc.) We have talked about our wanting to be naked on this camping trip and she says she doesn't care, but you know how kids say things they don't necisarily mean sometimes. I guess I am wondering other peoples opinions on if we are being selfish by being naked or if I am just over reacting. Any thoughts????

Thanks,
Fade

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  2:17:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Fade, Is the child's other parent in the picture at all? If he is, you need to get his WRITTEN permission to have the daughter be around you when you're nude.

If her biological father is not in the picture, make sure is aware of the g-rated type of nudism she will be around. Maybe it would be better to bring her with you to a nudist park so she can see for herself that it is a family type of activity.

You may be selfish, but it's your life. If her father is still in the picture, you may have to wait to enjoy your clothes-free activities when the youngster isn't around.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

fadetoblack72

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  6:21:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. The father is out of the picture completely.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 06/09/2006 :  11:15:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by fadetoblack72

Thanks. The father is out of the picture completely.

Does the youngster understand about what your naturism is? I would still recommend asking her to join you at a nudist park where there probably will be other children so she can witness the family values.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  1:40:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Just to add my opinion..............

I think if I were in your shoes, so to speak, I'd probably introduce her to your, your partner and yourself's, nudity at home slowly and let her get used to seeing you in an everyday, normal environment as opposed to going on a camping trip and her seeing you this way for the first time.

Cheri brings up some excellent points about a naturist club/campground environment so she's able to witness the family atmosphere, have other kids her age to talk with and by all means, keep talking to her about it when you can.

Good luck, be sure to let us know what you decided and how it went.

FP

fadetoblack72

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  2:11:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I understand about the park and the family atmospher but would she be comfortable around so many naked people? I would guess it to be overwhelming. My first trip was this yead to Harbin Hot Springs and I was naked when I first saw naked people in the pools. I was very overwhelmed, even as an adult. I had a breakdown and wanted to go home. After the breakdown I fell in love with the place and can't wait to go back. I guess I just thought maybe she would be ok with us being naked when camping. We don't expect her to be. We just don't want to cause any problems with her. She does see her mother naked from time to time I guess but me only once( walked into the bathroom on me). Not sure about not being her natural father and also being a male.

Thanks for the help,

Fade

ggwydion
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  4:01:47 PM  Show Profile  Send ggwydion an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I regulsry attend the Free Spirit Gathering in Maryland and and I see this kind of thing every year. A couple will come to the event and bring there children for the first time. Its hot, humid and usually unbearable weather wise. The parents are striping off clothing or at least dressing down and all the other kids are nude. Preaty soon the child is nude too. When they see the other children enjoying themselves naked than it becomes a non issue. Just take things as they come and do not strees out.

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 06/10/2006 :  4:33:29 PM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I agree with Cheri, visit a family oriented nudist resort on their busiest day (Saturday) when there likely will be other children.

I don't think you are being selfish. My guess is that she will enjoy the experience at the resort and while camping.

My memory is almost hopeless, but you can locate resorts and their web pages at:
www.nudistparksusa.net and
www.naturistplace.com

Best Wishes, Jim

Edited by - Moderator on 06/10/2006 11:27:38 PM

gladdyman
Forum Member

Posted - 06/11/2006 :  11:00:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We have some friends at our club who had the same problem.
They took her daughter up to the club on a cooler day when people were dressed but then went to the spa when it wasn't busy.
She now comes to the club and is often topless and completely nude when in the pool or spa.As time goes on she is nude more often and is beginning to embrace the feeling of freedom nudity does for you

Previous Topic: Sex Seekers Posing As Nudists - Sorting Bad Apples Topic Next Topic: Who is in the crowd?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 1.5 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved