Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 143 ]  [ Total: 143 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Does your family know?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Nude Exercise Topic Next Topic: Why American Seniors Dont Go Nude
Page: of 12

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 12/18/2011 :  5:10:33 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Doc,

I'm surprised more of your friends and family doesn't know. When some of our friends found out it wasn't long till most knew and it has been a good thing. It has not spread through our family as fast unless more know than we realize and they just haven't said anything.

What were the remarks that let your friend and family know?

Diger

ddoger
Forum Member

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  1:12:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I hope my family knows. My wife and I were in the hot tub last night with 2 of our daughters, one son in law and 2 grandkids. All enjoying it clothes free.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  3:05:54 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well ddoger, sounds like they may have a good idea .... LOL

Hope you have a great Family Christmas.

Diger

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 12/19/2011 :  7:21:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Since my last post over a year ago, a few more people know...not family though. My wife is my greatest PR person. She has told a few of her friends at work that we have been to a CO beach a couple of times. At first they were a little surprised, but my wife was quick to say..."oh no...not me. I kept my clothes on. My husband on the other hand couldn't get his clothes off quick enough". They were all curious to hear more. Hope to hear one of these days that one of them went to a CO beach or resort.

newdaynudist
Forum Member

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  7:55:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well, when I first tried out nudism, I mentioned it to my best friend and a cousin, both are females, as am I. Both were okay with it. Just recently learned that my cousin exercised in the nude. Just a few minutes ago, I let a male friend know via text (actually there is more to that but we won't go there). So the count is now up to 3.

rahel
Forum Member

Posted - 12/27/2011 :  8:25:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Funny enough it is my husband who will not go nude in the nude beach, but I do

rahel

NudeNate
Forum Member

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  08:31:47 AM  Show Profile  Send NudeNate a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

That is a tough row to hoe, Nakedmodel! My family does not know, and that would lord it over me like you could not believe if they ever found out. If I get married any time soon, I'd let my g/f know that I am a nudist. If she couldn't handle that, that would be a problem for me, too.

Kinda like chocolate candy samples - you never know what inside until you take a bite. Same with people, to an extent, where you never know till you bring up a subject like nudism, and see what the other half's feelings about it are.

Maybe I should introduce my family to your bride. I think it would be the start of a beautiful friendship. LOL. No nudism with my family either. Sigh.

I hope that your wife will change her mind, NM, and one day see that nudism is healthy and virtuous in nature. Meanwhile, I empathize with you most sincerely.

"I abhor war and view it as the greatest scourge of mankind."
Thomas Jefferson

Dr James Dobson has said that nudity in the family is important for various reasons. You should find the article on focus on the family and share it

n/a
deleted

Posted - 04/02/2012 :  08:36:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Most of all my family is aware but only person who sees it in person is mother in law she isnt a nudist but she is warming up very slowly to my nudity in general.

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 06/12/2012 :  8:47:36 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
While at a family picnic and I don't know where I was at the time but my PR person (aka my wife) told her oldest brothers wife that we were going to Gunnison this coming weekend. I think she was more shocked that my wife goes too...even though she told her that at a CO beach...she chooses the Clothing...I choose the Optional. I have no doubt that she won't ask about it when we get back.

Carlover227
Forum Member

Posted - 06/20/2012 :  09:50:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My immediate family has put two-and-two together, but I've never outright told them, "hey! I'm a nudist!". My closest friends not only know, but are slowly and surely trying it out with me. One step at a time, they will be nudists yet! Or, I hope, lol, if not, aw well. I tried. No matter.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  8:35:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
As I've said elsewhere, I tend to compartmentalize the nudist side of my life. My non-nudist friends and my family don't know that we go to nude beaches and resorts, and I've never felt that they needed to know. However, that lack of Full Disclosure can get complicated when the 'compartments' start to leak.

I recently found out that one of my wife's relatives has started going (unaccompanied) to a C/O resort that my wife and I visit on occasion. I don't know for sure if he knows that we've been to the resort. While I don't wish to re-ignite the whole single-guy-at-a- nudist-resort debate, this particular single guy is one I'd really like to avoid. Ms. ND is aghast at the thought of encountering him naked. While in theory the obvious thing to do is arrange to be at the resort when he's not, I do not want to have that conversation with him. I especially don't want him to know when we plan to be there. This has put an unpleasant element of uncertainty into our nude travel plans.

mark85304
Forum Member

Posted - 10/11/2013 :  10:19:05 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife, who is also a nudist, and my youngest son know. My other son, my siblings and parents have no idea I let the sun kiss my entire body. Mormons, just don't understand.

--
Feel the sun warm your skin when there's nothing between you and the sun.

Edited by - mark85304 on 10/11/2013 10:20:42 PM

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 10/12/2013 :  05:50:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
No. Our adult sons don't know that their parents have taken an interest in the naked lifestyle. I would have preferred they know. As it is now if we want to go camp at a nude resort we just say we are going camping and one son says he would like to bring hips camper and join us. Cancel that plan. I enjoy working around the house naked but have to keep an eye out all the time that a son would stop home. I would tell them but it definitely would not be accepted by them. Though they're not angels in them own selves.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 10/12/2013 :  09:29:02 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Daretobare,

That's no way to live looking over our shoulder in your own home. Don't give up, your son's may not be as big a prudes as you think. I have seen time after time on these nudist boards where kids take the news well if it comes from the mom. She seems to be the voice of reason for the family.

When she gets fed up with all the hiding from the kids she will do something about it. Trust Me... LOL

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 10/12/2013 09:30:54 AM

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 10/13/2013 :  12:50:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diger

Daretobare,

That's no way to live looking over our shoulder in your own home. Don't give up, your son's may not be as big a prudes as you think. I have seen time after time on these nudist boards where kids take the news well if it comes from the mom. She seems to be the voice of reason for the family.

When she gets fed up with all the hiding from the kids she will do something about it. Trust Me... LOL

Diger

I know I've said this before, maybe not here, but on the nudist boards I'm on. We have friends that have two grown sons. They are both very intelligent men. The male 1/2 of the couple is so intrigued by our honesty with our girls and that they know everything about our nude life. The female 1/2 of the couple ... isn't interested at all at telling her sons about theirs.

What is funny, is that the boys already know. They've asked their dad if they are going back to this resort or that resort, which means ... they've looked it up on the internet and know what kind of place it is.

We visit each year. A house full of people 1/2 dressed all the time and these guys don't know what's going on? It's her way of "not admitting anything to them." If she's not admitted it ... it doesn't happen. Too bad cuz ... her sons don't care and aren't upset about it. They, according to their dad, are more upset with mom for being secretive about it.

Not sure if they'll ever work that out!

We found that honesty worked best for us and the girls and their husbands were onboard with it and respect it. I guess it speaks volumes of their respect and support when they decided to go on our annual nude vacation to the Caribbean with us and partook in social nudism for an entire week ... and want to return.

So ... the kids can surprise you if your honest with them about what you do.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Page: of 12 Previous Topic: Nude Exercise Topic Next Topic: Why American Seniors Dont Go Nude  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.17 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved