Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 419 ]  [ Total: 419 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Clothing Optional Hot Springs
 Clothing Optional Hot Springs - Colorado
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Arizona (Ringbolt Rapids) Hot Springs Topic Next Topic: Carson City ,NV
Page: of 2

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 01/21/2003 :  4:58:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
These hot springs in Colorado are reported to be clothing-optional:

The Well at Brush Creek: http://www.users.qwest.net/~nudist/thewell.htm

Valley View Hot Springs: http://www.vvhs.com/

Orvis Hot Springs: http://www.orvishotsprings.com/

conudist

Posted - 04/13/2003 :  1:17:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I recently visited Orvis Hot Springs for a weekend and while the soaking pools are some of the best I have visited, I found their website to be a little misleading. The outdoor pools are clothing optional, but the paths between the pools and lodging facilities require you to wear a towel or robe. The indoor pool is clothing optional between 6:00pm and 9:00am and the lodge is textile. The indoor private pools are clothing optional, but you must be robed to walk to them.

innergardenart

Posted - 05/04/2003 :  8:01:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit innergardenart's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In regards to the nudity policy at Orvis Hot Springs, I am a regular Orvis soaker and am amazed to see that conudist missed the rule changes that occurred at Orvis over a year ago. For one, all soaking areas - and all paths and walkways that are out of doors yet within the fenced area - are clothing optional. A towel or robe must be worn while one is inside the building that houses the lobby, community kitchen, private saoking areas, and lodging rooms. Secondly, the indoor pool house has been clothing optional 24/7 since some time last year. So to sum it up, under Orvis's new rules that went into effect last year, the only place one needs to have a towel or something covering them is inside the building. I love Orvis for the new rules - so let's make sure we all know what they are. Hope this helps!

dcrobert

Posted - 10/26/2003 :  5:33:12 PM  Show Profile  Visit dcrobert's Homepage  Reply with Quote
You missed one very near The Well that my wife and I have gone to. It is The Desert Reef Beach Club in Florence. Just about 10 - 15 minutes driving time from The Well. We havn't been to it in a while, so I hope it is still there!

Kathleen

Posted - 10/27/2003 :  08:17:26 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have been to both The Desert Reef Beach Club and The Well/Dakota Hot Springs last week--wednesday.
Here is my trip report on both:

Desert Reef Beach Club
Highway 115 from Colorado Springs to Penrose, past highway 50 and down into the gulley and over the river, Turn right on highway 120.
You will see a fake tall cactus on the right. It says in small letters Desert Reef Beach Club. Turn right there and follow dirt road. Look for small signs that say DRBC and turn the way the arrows show you to.
When I got there about noon there was a row of cars in the parking lot and quite a few people at/in the pool.
It is a natural hot spring water that is a pleasant warm bathtub type tempurature. It is flow through so always changing/fresh.
It was over 90 degrees out today! (last wednesday)
It is rustic but most pleasant.
One can soak there for $14.00 a piece ONE TIME ONLY and then you must apply for membership.
Membership is $170.00 a year with children under 17 of members allowed in free. One has to pay in addition to the $170.00 a $5.00 daily use fee.
Guest of a member $7.00.
Single males unaccompanied will not be admitted as a guest. They have to be members or if they want to come on as a first time guest they must be accompanied by a female or child.
IT is totally clothing optional. You can either be nude or clothed--swimsuits ok.
I LOVE clothing optional=I dislike mandatory nudity.
It does have sparce hours of operation unfortunately.
Closed monday and tuesday (drains and cleans on monday)
wed 10 to 10
Thurs 10 to 6
Friday closed
Sat 10 to 10
Sun 10 to 6.
We didn't stay and soak--we went on to The Well (Dakota Hot Springs)

Dakota Hot Springs--formerly The Well
I spent a lovely afternoon at the Well today.
It was purchased by some developers out of Colorado Springs last year. It is
now legally and officially called
Dakota Hot Springs
BUT the sign on highway 50 still says The Well.
You take highway 115 south from Colorado Springs towards Penrose. At penrose go
west of highway 50. Go 1/2 mile and you will see the sign Hot Springs Pool on
your left (south) turn down that road and it leads right to the hot spring.
It is a flow through pool and the water is constantly renewing itself. N I C E

The website about The Well that has Grover as the manager is not their website.
They do not have a website and they do not have e-mail going to them. I did
e-mail the address at the website before I went and it came back to me as
undeliverable. So whomever made that website is no more.
Membership is $100.00 a year --$5.00 extra each time you soak and $8.00 for a
guest.
You don't have to ever be a member. If you are not it is
$15.00 for single male per visit (they have no quota on single males)
$10.00 for single female
$20.00 a couple
children 1-5 free
ages 6-10 $5.00
over the age of 10 $10.00
It is now open all seven days of the week.
They drain the pool Monday evening. They fill it on Tuesday morning. So... they
do not open on Tuesday till 2pm to give it a chance to cool off a bit.
On Tuesdays it is swimsuits only--2pm till 10 the entire time they are open on
Tuesday.
All other days it is open 10am to 10pm and totally clothing optional.
Closed Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas
They strictly forbid "hugging, kissing, erections, intercouse, or any behavior
that could be offensive to other patrons."
I didn't see any unacceptable behavior when I was there.
I LOVE clothing optional. BOO HISS to mandatory nudity. This place shows that
clothing optional works!
I thought we would have the place to ourselves being Wednesday but the place
was hopping.
There were approximately 35 plus people there. All were singles except for one
elderly couple. There were 5 with swimsuits and the other people were nude.
About 15 women were there.

The owners are in the process of making improvements. It is taking time because
the previous owners were not up to code.
They are building a new bathhouse and cabana.
There were people there working when we were there.
Wonderfully relaxing time!

Kathleen
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish,
ulterior motives; Be kind anyway.Mother Teresa

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/31/2004 :  07:57:48 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I spent a few hours at "The Well" - Dakota Hot Springs yesterday.

Had an enjoyable, relaxing time, meeting the goals I had for the day.

I arrived, got the verbal tour of the place since it was my first time. Changed out of my clothes and found a seat.

Hopped into the springs grabbed a Noodle and floated in the light current that I found in the pool.

lablvr87

Posted - 03/04/2005 :  8:32:00 PM  Show Profile  Click to see lablvr87's MSN Messenger address  Send lablvr87 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
The Well's new web site is www.dakotahotsprings.com.
membership costs and info are available there.

SleepyGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2005 :  12:53:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My wife and I were invited to join some freinds in Steamboat Springs next weekend. Up there is the www.strawberryhotsprings.com, which is clothin-optional to adults after dark.

Anyone ever been there or know what kind of crowd to expect? I had my first public nude experience at Baker Beach in June, so this will likely be my second...and my wife agreed to do it with me. The only "problem" is that the friends we're going with aren't nudists and will likely not participate...and I don't want to "freak them out" since they are neighbors and we recently met.

Edited by - SleepyGuy on 07/29/2005 12:54:20 PM

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  09:12:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SleepyGuy

My wife and I were invited to join some freinds in Steamboat Springs next weekend. Up there is the www.strawberryhotsprings.com, which is clothin-optional to adults after dark.

Anyone ever been there or know what kind of crowd to expect? I had my first public nude experience at Baker Beach in June, so this will likely be my second...and my wife agreed to do it with me. The only "problem" is that the friends we're going with aren't nudists and will likely not participate...and I don't want to "freak them out" since they are neighbors and we recently met.

Not recently enough to be of any help (15 years ago). When I was there last, it was totally undeveloped except for a small wood fired sauna. Camped out there at the time. I have heard that it was frequented by kids but I believe that was stopped. At the time, I had not seen anyone who was disrespectful of anyone else.

SleepyGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2005 :  1:56:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks. I'll come back and post my experience when I come back. I already talked to one of the freinds that invitied us and asked if they'd be uncomfortable if my wife and I went nude. She said she wouldn't, but hinted that she might be...so who knows. We may not get the chance or risk making them uncomfortable.

SleepyGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  02:02:54 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'm back from the hot springs...and I have to say I wouldn't recommend it for a typical clothing optional place. First of all, out of the 100 or so poeple there (around 10pm on a Friday night), only my wife, myself, and maybe 3 or 4 others I saw were even nude (mostly men). The majority of the rest of the people there seemed to be college-aged or low 20's - which is fine, but many were loud and disrespectful.

ALso, even though it's clothing optional, it was pitch black (they turn no lights on at all). It was very difficult to move around from pool to pool, or to even see anything at all. It was actually quite a dangerous place to be. As a plus, the night sky view was amazing and the pools were pleasant to be in. I think if I ever went back, I'd enjoy it more being there during the day with my suit on where I could actually see where I was going.

bornnude
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2005 :  08:30:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sleepy...

Don't know where you live but if you are just looking for a nice place to soak, you might check into Dakota Hot Springs (formerly known as the Well). A link to the place is http://www.dakotahotsprings.com/. A little expensive as a single guy but in my experience, very family friendly also. They are open until 11:00 pm.

The day I was there was a Monday, the day after a very busy weekend I learned from another soaker. There were several other couples when I showed up, many of those left but a whole new group of people showed up. It is not a "nudist" place but is (except for Tuesday) truly clothing optional.

SleepyGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 08/09/2005 :  12:26:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think the wife and I (and maybe the kids, depending on their comfort level) might try Valley View. Anyone been there? It's billed as a naturist site.

godchild

Posted - 08/17/2005 :  12:17:29 AM  Show Profile  Send godchild a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
..ive been to Valley View Hotsprings,me and a friend went camping there last year and it was awsome! it was so fun to camp under these canopy of trees below the mountainside! on the mountainside were these trails that lead up to these various hot spots,some fit for 2 or 3 and others more! it is a naturist site but not everyone was! most tho! i would definately reccomend it! c
quote:
Originally posted by SleepyGuy

I think the wife and I (and maybe the kids, depending on their comfort level) might try Valley View. Anyone been there? It's billed as a naturist site.

GuyThaLizard
Forum Member

Posted - 02/15/2006 :  10:26:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit GuyThaLizard's Homepage  Send GuyThaLizard a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

These hot springs in Colorado are reported to be clothing-optional:

The Well at Brush Creek: http://www.users.qwest.net/~nudist/thewell.htm

Valley View Hot Springs: http://www.vvhs.com/

Orvis Hot Springs: http://www.orvishotsprings.com/

If you ever vacation in Canada there are many C/O hot springs here In B.C. (some of the Hot Springs have seporate C/O areas)
Here is a quick list just to name a few, for you to explore with some links for more information at the bottom.

C/O Hotsprings

**West Kootenays.

* NAKUSP: Halcyon Hot Springs.
* NAKUSP: Halfway River Hot Springs.
* NAKUSP: St. Leon Hot Springs.

**East Kootenays.
* INVERMERE: Fairmont Hot Springs.
* CANAL FLATS: Lusier (White Swan) Hot Springs.
* SKOOKUMCHUCK: Ram Creek Hot Springs.
* BANFF: Yoho National Park.

**West Vancouver Island.
TOFINO: Hot Springs Cove.

**Lower Fraser Valley.
HARRISON: Clear Creek Hot Springs.

For info about each C/O hot springs in B.C. http://members.shaw.ca/co-bc/?co-interior.html#okanagan

For G.P.S. Lat/Lon locations click here http://www.praize.com/forums/guythalizard/

GuyThaLizard

------------------------------------------------
GuyThaLizard,
"Nude" just means barefoot all over.

... Go and loose the sackcloth from off thy loins,
and put off thy shoe from thy foot. And he did so,
walking naked and barefoot. (Isaiah 20:2-4)
------------------------------------------------

Nuderthanthou
Forum Member

Posted - 02/16/2006 :  10:12:56 PM  Show Profile  Send Nuderthanthou an AOL message  Send Nuderthanthou a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I’ve camped at Valley View Hot Springs since the early 80’s. It’s a great place for soaking, hiking, and camping.

The springs are well maintained and the people I met there were all interesting and very friendly.
I recommend a three or four day visit at the minimum. The website is http://ww.olt.org

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: Arizona (Ringbolt Rapids) Hot Springs Topic Next Topic: Carson City ,NV  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.21 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved