Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 435 ]  [ Total: 435 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Not Lewd, Not Crude, ...Just Nude.
 Is nudity or clothing "sexier"?
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: If Nudism isnt about Sex, what is it about? Topic Next Topic: Nudity & Sex
Page: of 4

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/24/2008 :  11:14:40 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Personally I think we sometimes confuse Sexy with Beauty. I think that some clothes can draw attention to certain parts that can be sexy, and they are designed to do that. On the other hand the Human body is far more beautiful entirely nude than clothed. I think a nice allover tan looks better no matter what size the person is.

To answer the question: Clothes are Sexier but Nude is more Beautiful.

Diger

Calbob
Forum Member

Posted - 04/25/2008 :  11:21:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I first became a nudist, one of the things that I noticed at the beach was that a lady with a few extra pounds was far more attractive totally nude with a nice tan than if she was trying to stuff herself into a bikini.

Bob

beths1957

Posted - 05/04/2008 :  1:36:02 PM  Show Profile  Send beths1957 an AOL message  Send beths1957 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I totally agree with what you said and I tell people the same thing. I have been into nudism about 6 years now. Even those with great bodies have flaws when nude. I have to say I have been to my resort many times and was never sexually aroused by it, even though I am a very sexual person.

Crazycajun

CathyK
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  3:43:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that originally clothing was meant to cover the naked body, but then it began to lift and support, and enhance, and colorize, and flatter, etc. Clothing then became much sexier than nudity. The nude body in and of itself is not sexy, as most nudists will attest to, a nudist resort is not as sexy a place as a clothed resort. Society has sexualized the naked body by clothing it in a sexual way.

Cathy

OLD BUZZARD
Forum Member

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  8:05:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tend to agree with Jennifer on this subject.If beeing a nudist then be one.so when at a nudist org be nude,when out in the textile world be dressed.........old buzzard

not as good as i once was..........DAMMIT

Brn2bn61

Posted - 07/06/2008 :  9:46:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Brn2bn61 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
All y’all make some really good points that definitely show your opinion. While everyone's opinion may be slightly different I can agree with all.... Is it sexier to be clothed than not? IMHO, it really depends on you... personally, when I see a fully clothed "morbidly obese" person, I feel like I could cry for them when I see them struggling to move about. I think to myself "how on earth could someone let themselves go that far?" Yet, when I see someone similar at a nudist event I don't necessarily see them as morbidly obese (Health wise, I think it may be a problem). As far as clothing goes, I think it is designed to make people look more 'desirable' to the opposite sex. So in that sense, clothed people are sexier than nudist; but nudist, IMHO, are more beautiful.

Edited by - Brn2bn61 on 07/06/2008 9:48:29 PM

CuriousKat
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  12:45:49 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
ok so I'm going to go against the grain here. Stating first that I am what people would consider a healthy 20 year old female, curvy but I take care of myself well. IMHO I believe that sexy is confidence, and confidence is not having to worry about where your bikini is being wedged. I feel 100% more sexy when I can sport a nice seam free tan and nothing else. I had to get my boyfriends opinion on this one and he agrees that even in a corset and heels I still look better at the beach. On the other hand this weighs strongly on the woman. If you are not happy with your shape and curves you may appear more confident when armed with some "restraints", but not me.

Calbob
Forum Member

Posted - 08/04/2008 :  6:56:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Then, of course, we have situations where we mix clothing or costumes with nudity such as at theme parties or dances. I remember one Bare Necessities cruise where a costume night was scheduled. The cruise director, who knew nothing about nudists, had said that he couldn't imagine what kind of costumes nudists could come up with. Boy, did he get an education! (One guy came as a bottle of tequila. I probably don't have to tell you what the worm was!)

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2008 :  01:49:18 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Swimsuits, for one example, are much sexier. They have a combination of the seen and the unseen. The unseen is imagined, and the imagination always outperforms the reality of the seen. To illustrate that point, let's say you're going to the dentist for a root canal, tomorrow afternoon. All night long and all next morning your imagination is going to drag you through all the torture it can muster up, because imagination is not based on present reality. Then comes the actual procedure, which is far less of a trauma than your imagination had told you.

In that light, say you're at the beach and your a healthy young guy. You see all the young women running around in their bikinis. Your imagination makes these young girls sexier than they really are. The contrasts between body parts and bright colored bikinins are sharp. At a nudist resort, these contrasts and objects of an imagination are all gone. The young ladies have a monotone appearance. It's almost kind of dull, without the swimsuits capitalizing on the female body.

That has been my experience, that all those women are fairly monotone, as are the men, for that matter. Also, all is revealed, so there is nothing symbolic to "celebrate." The nude people might as well be porpoises for all the effect they are having one a person at the nudist resort.

So you have Madison Avenue on the one hand, and dull nature on the other. If you want contrasts in nature, look for colorful birds, and you'll have better luck.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/28/2008 :  05:54:42 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
This is a highly individual question, and each person's viewpoint will largely depend on how they were conditioned to clothing/nudity as a child. This includes the question of having siblings of the opposite sex as well as parents and all their behaviors. Check out the cultural anthropology of clothing styles. No definitive answer is possible.

Edited by - balataf on 08/28/2008 05:58:55 AM

mike7407

Posted - 09/16/2008 :  11:23:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
clothes are sexier. They leave something to the imagination.

Anniebare
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  3:34:26 PM  Show Profile  Send Anniebare a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I believe it was C. S. Lewis who said that we never would have learned lasciviousness if we hadn't first learned modesty.

Annie

roger
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2009 :  11:33:17 PM  Show Profile  Visit roger's Homepage  Reply with Quote
In my opinion nude is more atractive than not but sexy is an attitude that one gets from being confident in there body and personality clothed or not. Someone who I would think is sexy nude is also the same person I would think is sexy clothed.

Little Fellow
Forum Member

Posted - 03/01/2009 :  12:56:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by mike7407

clothes are sexier. They leave something to the imagination.

Push up bras, lingerie, suspenders look alot sexier than nude women because the are designed to make women's assets stand out more, while leaving things to the imagination.

Seeing girls in bikinis is alot sexier than in the nude, but this doesn't matter in a non sexual nudist setting.

Nudejoe
Forum Member

Posted - 06/29/2009 :  08:10:29 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
This is very interesting topic. In terms of which I would consider to be sexier, I would say that clothing can be depending on what is worn. Certain pieces of clothing can be worn to stress some parts of one's body and drawing attention to them. Someone who is nude is in their natural state and unless they are behaving in a way that is considered to be inappropriate then they are less sexy. Clothes give the illusion that there is something underneath worth viewing and creates a curiosity as to what is underneath the clothing.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: If Nudism isnt about Sex, what is it about? Topic Next Topic: Nudity & Sex  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.18 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved