Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 489 ]  [ Total: 489 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Nudist Fashion - Apparel and Body Jewelry
 Genital Jewelry
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Jewelry question - what is hallmark 750? Topic Next Topic: Piercing, body jewelry, etc.
Page: of 4

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 04/14/2007 :  8:12:19 PM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
For decades, there was a strong resistance to smoothies amongst the nudist culture. Then, the Brazilian wax came into vogue.

Suddenly, smoothies were accepted. In most places, people with trimmed or shaven pubes dominate now.

When I first got to Germany in 2002, it was unusual to see a woman who shaved her underarms. Now, I never see a woman who let's it all go naturally. Most men have a neat trim going, too. Nearly a third are smoothies.

How the culture changes!

Now, there's all kinds of negative posts and rules about people who wear jewelry in their genitals. And the reasons are the same that were used against the smoothies 10 years ago. I don't see or hear much chatter against tattoos, though. The nudists don't seem to mind body-mod in principle...But, again, they're behind the mainstream in accepting genitals in general.

Hypothetically, would the tattoo on my shoulder bring attention to it? Sure it would. Would the piercing on my wife's labia bring attention? Sure. That's the point of decoration. We celebrate what we cherish. That doesn't mean I want some stranger to rub my shoulder or even to gawk at it. Is an ear lobe cleaner and more acceptable than a nipple or a genital area?

If so, why?

Notice: This moderator, operating under username 'Moderator', has been terminated for repeatedly censoring or altering posts without providing a clear indication of which policy was being enforced. Her actions were not sanctioned by this organization.

Edited by - Moderator on 04/14/2007 11:55:42 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  12:06:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Piercings of the genitalia do bring attention to those body parts. The genitalia is where our sexuality is. Sexuality when brought into nudism makes nudism other than what it is. Nudism/naturism is definitely sensual, enjoying the wind, etc. on the body without the encumberances of tight clothing or any clothing. People need to realize there is a great difference between sexuality and sensual.

Smoothies are a personal choice as is genital jewelry and IMHO has nothting to do with nudism. I've been acquainted with non-nudists who are smoothies and have had genital piercings. It's showing off a certain body part. Some clubs do allow non-glaring, genital jewelry, others do not welcome anything below the waist.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  07:09:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think that a person's grooming preferences and body piercings should be 100% their choice.

Genital jewelry is not something that I personally want to see when I go to a nudist club.

That being said, I see no problem with someone who is wearing small discreet jewelry. It does catch your eye though but is easily ignored in my experience.

My issue is with those individuals who have genital piercings to primarily draw attention to that area.

There is one individual that always comes to mind whenever I see any post about genital piercings. My wife and I visited a club in New York State and witnessed the most disgusting thing we've seen in a nudist environment. Unfortunately, the image seems to be 'burned' into my mind.
This guy literally had more metal in his crotch than he had penis. All chrome, all shiny, and very difficult to ignore. In fact I would be shocked if you could find anything worse on a bizarre piercing fetish website.
With the amount of steel this guy was wearing, it would be completely impossible to have intercourse.

I would just ask that people use at least some level of discretion. If you set off the metal detector at the airport or if you have to avoid magnetic fields, then maybe you should at least consider toning it down just a bit before going out in public.

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  07:37:38 AM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
"With the amount of steel this guy was wearing, it would be completely impossible to have intercourse."

So, then, it was completely non-sexual for him. It was only sexual for the people who saw him. That's kinda not his problem.

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  07:52:04 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thornapplebison

"With the amount of steel this guy was wearing, it would be completely impossible to have intercourse."

So, then, it was completely non-sexual for him. It was only sexual for the people who saw him. That's kinda not his problem.

Again, I find myself wondering if your posts are meant to be some sort of humor that I'm just not getting. I'm usually pretty good with sarcasm but well... maybe not so much.

Or would you really have us believe that you are so naive as to believe that intercourse is the only form of being sexual? I think not.

I am curious though... If you're trying to be serious, whats your real purpose???

Edited by - CMx2 on 04/15/2007 07:53:19 AM

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  08:31:17 AM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My real purpose is to encourage people to live and let live. Anything that anyone does or says that doesn't hurt you or threaten to hurt you physically or financially and couldn't be considered a verbal assault or slander is none of your business. None of us know what's going on in someone else's brain or why they do what they do.

Personally, if I had a penis full of metal, I wouldn't be making the statement, "Hey, look at my penis full of metal!" I'd be making some statement about how modern, technological, industrial society attempts to rob men of their masculinity. Paradoxically, as piercing is associated with primitive cultures, I'd also be making the statement that my adaptation to and conquering of the challenges presented to me only make more obvious my masculine, warrior nature. It would have nothing to do with sex.

Edited by - thornapplebison on 04/15/2007 08:40:08 AM

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  08:36:57 AM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
" People need to realize there is a great difference between sexuality and sensual."

Strange as it is to say this in a nudist forum, people also need to realize that genitals are not purely sexual. If they were, it would be a sexual act to expose them.

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  08:42:21 AM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CMx2
Again, I find myself wondering if your posts are meant to be some sort of humor that I'm just not getting. I'm usually pretty good with sarcasm but well... maybe not so much.

I do try to present my arguments humorously and playfully, but they are sincere.

StreakingSkater
Forum Member

Posted - 04/15/2007 :  11:11:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
My two cents on this.

Smoothie, hairy, tatoos from one small on to nearly covering ones body, genital jewelery from simple to complicated, genital tatoos, any other other body modifications, hair colors, styles of pubic hair, etc. seem to be large topics here. Over time they have all become more accepted as more people explore expression with them. It would seem people just go to greater and greather lengths to be different. What I have always found nice about being naked is just being accepted for what you are, and the experience of interacting with all kinds of different people without clothes on, who in general seem more relaxed with life.

My attitude towards it all is, I may find some of it over the top, ugly, silly, unatractive, or just downright bizzare, but I really would rather let people express themselevse as they see fit, rather than impose my view what is "normal" on them. Every now and then I see someone that has taken it quite far, like Cmx2 describes in the post on the heavly pierce man he saw, I find it interesting and some what entertaining to see what people have done to themselves, but it does not offend me, and I really don't want to be the "officer of what is acceptable" to tell him he is not welcome.

- - Resort & Spa outside of Tampa, has delt with this issue with a policy, as taken from their web site policy section:

"Ear Piercing is acceptable on both males & females

Facial Piercing of one small stud is acceptable on both males & females; any other facial piercing is unacceptable.
Nipple Piercing is acceptable on both males & females with the following restrictions

only one piercing on each nipple

jewelry must be a loop or barbell and no larger than one inch across the center
you may wear temporary, clip-on or stick-on decoration in the nightclub only

Genital Piercing is acceptable on both males & females with the following restrictions

only one piercing in the genital area
men may not wear any piercing or jewelry on the penis
jewelry must be a loop or barbell and no larger than one inch across the center
any temporary, clip-on or stick-on decoration is unacceptable.

Management reserves the right to determine what is acceptable on - - Resort property.
Thank you in advance for your cooperation!"

The level of detail in defining what is and is not acceptable at - - Resort & Spa in the above policy I think illustrates how far this has gone. Certainly 20 or 30 years ago, everything in the - - policy would be considered over the top. It is a private club, so I aggree they have the right to set policy for their facility as they see fit. I do wonder if managment carries a ruler to check the 1 inch length requirement or not, lol.

In any case, summer is not too far away, and I am ready for some naked fun with or without boatloads of body modifications!

Streakingskater

StuffedTiger
Forum Member

Posted - 04/16/2007 :  12:45:58 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by thornapplebison

... The nudists don't seem to mind body-mod in principle...But, again, they're behind the mainstream in accepting genitals in general. ... Would the piercing on my wife's labia bring attention? Sure. That's the point of decoration. We celebrate what we cherish. ... Is an ear lobe cleaner and more acceptable than a nipple or a genital area? If so, why?
For the same reason you said before. If something is or is not acceptable in the general culture with clothes, then it should or should not be acceptable without clothes. The fact is that in the USA (you seem to be speaking for Europeans), genital piercing is not at all mainstream.

I don't agree that nudists in the USA are behind the mainstream in accepting genitals. Body painting involving all parts of the body, including genitals, is common at nudist events in the USA. So it is not so much decoration as it is intent. Is the actor trying to draw the attention of an audience to that body part? I would say you have to take the entire thing in context and location.

The USA is a big place. You might get a different interpretation at one place versus another. Call ahead. There were people with extensive body piercing and jewelry at one of the places I like. They were very nice and not at all suggestive but rather easygoing and natural.

Cookie
Forum Member

Posted - 04/27/2007 :  7:11:44 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It was a few years ago that my wife dared me to have my navel pierced, we were in Boston for the weekend, and we happen to pass by a piercing shop, and she dared me me to have my navel pierced, and I surprised her and did it.
OUCH!

Shortly there after she decided to have her belly button pierced.

Then she dared me to have my nipples pierced, after much delay, I surprised her! She was shocked.

It was about 6 months later and we were back in Boston, having a great weekend with another nudist couple, she came back to the hotel and showed me her surprise, her nipples were pierced!

She dared me to have a Prince Albert, and that's when I called it quits.

NO WAY!!!!!!!!!

But one weekend she and her girlfriend went to Boston, and she came back and she had a piercing below the belly button!!!!

Since she had it done, many of her nudist girl friends have done the same.

They love to get on the web, and order the jewelry, I think they try to out do each other.

As long as she is happy that is what counts.

Off to the Left Coast, and hope to spend time at DS and TC.

Cookie

ultraclassic7405

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  09:01:59 AM  Show Profile  Send ultraclassic7405 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It makes do difference to us, but we do think being nudists, we are to be more open minded, that is what we feel sets us apart from the clothed population. What if we were not allowed to be nudists because we are too thin, too fat, too many scars. We enjoy all...just our two cents.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  12:51:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ultraclassic7405

It makes do difference to us, but we do think being nudists, we are to be more open minded, that is what we feel sets us apart from the clothed population. What if we were not allowed to be nudists because we are too thin, too fat, too many scars. We enjoy all...just our two cents.

Yes, we accept others for who they are WITHOUT adornment. That's what nudism/naturism is about. When you draw attention garishly to your genitalia, that's what is not nudism/naturism.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

thornapplebison
Forum Member

Posted - 05/13/2007 :  3:33:14 PM  Show Profile  Send thornapplebison a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote

This is a point where my thinking has changed. I used to think that genital jewelry called attention to the genitals no more than ear jewelry called attention to the ears. Turns out, most people who have genital piercings also follow several lifestyle patterns that are not compatible with a non-sexual environment, when put in the context of social nudity.

There are those, of course, who are completely family-oriented, monogamous and in all respects in keeping with accepted sexual norms. But there's probably just a handful of those people in the entire U.S. Most are what the rest of the people would call perverts, and they themselves would probably call none but pedophiles and rapists perverts.

Hm. I'm this close to getting a prince albert now.

CCreekCouple

Posted - 06/03/2007 :  7:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Send CCreekCouple a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I was wondering if I would find this topic on the forums. I myself (male half of CCreekCouple) have genital piercings and have a tattoo that covers part of my genitals. About 10 years ago when we started seeking a nude resort to join it was a big problem. We found only one that would accept me, it was a swinger friendly resort. We were plesantly surprised last week to find out that many of the resorts rules had changed since then. We joined one of them. I am considerate enough to remove my jewelery when I go to the resort. As far as the tattoo its not like I can remove it. I do get some comments but so far all have been positive, however the tatto is tastefully done and nothing dirty or lewd.

StreakingSkater
Forum Member

Posted - 06/04/2007 :  09:30:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thanks for your comments Creek Couple.

It does seem more nudist venues allow gential jewelery to some extent these days.

I have recently been experimenting with metal rings that are sized so they can be worn over the Penis. I am curmsized, so they stay on, it in similar to wearing a ring on your finger. It is way to get I suppose some of the look of a Prince Albert without piercing, something I just can't see myself ever doing. I have also been getting used to wearing various metal rings around the penis and scrotum in various configurations. What do you think nudist resorts will say about this type of penis/scrotum jewelery?

I am thinking of wearing this in public, at a nudist beach like Blacks in San Diego, or Haulover in Fl, but I imagine it will not be appreciated at landed nudist resort. It is all a matter of taste I suppose, genetial jewlery, tatoos, even body shaving or not, it is a part of the clothed world, so it is going to be part of the nude world.

Have a good naked Summer.

Streakingskater.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Jewelry question - what is hallmark 750? Topic Next Topic: Piercing, body jewelry, etc.  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.3 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved