Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 163 ]  [ Total: 163 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Do Nudists Have Sex?
 What worries me about nudism...
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Sex on nudist beaches Topic Next Topic: Nudism & so called conflicting lifestyles
Page: of 3

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  5:24:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ItsAlrightMa

[We want] to feel at home in our own skin... but certain things our skin does is still horrible and uncouth? I'm not looking for a Rush Limbaugh version of nudism, whatever happened to the free-thinking philosophies of the 1960s?

"it's life and life only."

. What happened to the 1960's was the corruption of unthinking extremists. A movement that started out with an attitude of "when you think about it, if it feels right, go ahead" was kidnapped by some selfish types to become " do whatever feels good". There is a lot of room between "feels right" and "feels good". It is the difference between ethical behavior and hedonism. I do lament the loss of that moment of opportunity in history. If we had nurtured the mood a little more attentively, we might be in far better shape today. But then, history isn't yet done with us. Who knows?
I am at a loss to consider what might constitute a 'Rush Limbaugh version of nudism' . There may not be, anywhere on this planet, a cause or movement that needs an uninformed loudmouth working on an OxyContin drip to promote their views. If there is, they are welcome to him.
Don't think that naturists are perfect, either; there are the usual sprinkling of jerks in any human activity. But don't they make life less dull?

Naturism, per se, isn't square, any more than writing is or Hinduism. Anyone can practice a philosophy well or poorly. I would contend that any tenet or activity done well is cool, and that doing a poor job of one's life is pretty square. So do what you do do, well.

Peace.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

tgg
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2008 :  01:11:11 AM  Show Profile  Visit tgg's Homepage  Send tgg an ICQ Message  Click to see tgg's MSN Messenger address  Send tgg a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

On the broader topic: I have kinda mixed feelings, because I do believe there's a place for honest acknowledgement that 1) we're all sexual beings, and 2) there is sexual interest and at least a wee bit of potential stimulation in social nudist settings.

1) Exactly right. 2) It happens to the novices and veterans of nudism alike.

quote:
But at the same time, I don't want to have to protect my kids from inappropriate sexual displays, and I don't want to have to worry about horny bozos hitting on my wife just because we're all naked (it's happened more than once at respectable nudist resorts.)

I don't have kids myself, but if I was to have them and we encounter a man with an erection at a nudist place and they ask me about it, I'd just say "if men didn't get erections you kids wouldn't be here right now". As to bozos hitting onto your wife, a polite "PISS OFF" or a kick in the nuts usually solves that. If they're a little bit more resilient than that, a call to the management usually does the trick.

quote:
I endorse and respect the comment about how "adult" standards can and do prevail at the late-evening dances and socials after the kids (mine included) are in bed.

They do at some nudist places. I went to a clothes-optional festival called Confest recently which has all-night dancing with tribal drum circles, and none of the women wore alluring attire - some went topfree, but for the most part they tended to dress modestly.

quote:
But, finally: I have to say to the guy who inadvertently gives "free thinking" a bad name. Dude, we don't have "rules" just because somebody wants to bum ya out or cramp your "freedom." We have "rules" because civilized society needs a standard of mutual respect so we can all get along.

Well said.

'Fear wraps our bodies in clothing, love allows us to stand naked' - Neale Donald Walsch (Conversations With God 1)

matulutulu tours and trav

Posted - 04/13/2008 :  2:09:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit matulutulu tours and trav's Homepage  Reply with Quote
We are true naturists, I have never come across "men behaving badly", we are all equal and we are comfortable beeing firstly ourselves and with our bodies. We do not look at other in "that" way, our best of friends are naturists, it is all people who will walk with you that extra mile, and people whom you can trust and is non-judgemental, people young and old, people in all walks of life. If you make other people uncomfortable with your natural reactions, you are not ready for this experience or no naturist. Unfortunately you get your perverts/exibitionists and I dont want to include them into naturism.

WyldspringNudist
Forum Member

Posted - 04/14/2008 :  12:15:53 AM  Show Profile  Send WyldspringNudist an AOL message  Reply with Quote
You know, I consider myself to be a hedonist. I am a pagan priest who worships the god Dionysus. We like sex and drinking wine in the woods, divine maddness, and most things "hedonistic" I am also a nudist. Does this make me unacceptable to the general nudist community? Not sure. I do know I do not inforce my lifestyle on others so watch it before you insult us "hedonits," there are more of us than not and clubs run on money as well as people.

Eleanor

Posted - 04/26/2008 :  04:11:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When in my late teens I had sex in the woods with my boyfriend, afterward we just remained in the nude for about an hour just talking, so feeling happy just talking to my boyfriend in the nude was just being a nudist.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 04/26/2008 :  6:54:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One might say most nudists leave their cares/worries with their clothes.Free to enjoy a freedom of social nude recreation regardless of c/o Beach,Resort, Travel club, cruise ship or just at home. They encompass all walks of life, genders and ages.And just like the regular masses they are no different to say the least. Some live this lifestyle 24/7 in residence and enjoy the freedom 365 days/yr. and putting something on, they don't enjoy. Thats their freedom/choice to enjoy. If that worries some, they'd say "do as you please i'm not worried."

go n nude

GeeWilly
Forum Member

Posted - 08/07/2008 :  5:06:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
. . . Ma worries that nudists are another group of hypocrites parading about naked but not supposed to look at one another. He senses a sexual element in nudity and is distressed that he cannot act on it.

I concur that Ma sees but does not discern. And I like Cheri's description of nudists as being capable of "accepting yourself and others for who we are not for what we look like . . . as feeling the wind . . totally; and, being gregarious, tending to gather with those of like mind."
As Eleanor put it: "feeling happy just talking to a nude friend in the woods."

Perhaps, too, the draw of naturism lies in the shucking of society's customs, giving the razzberry to the Puritans whose views were so often prevalent in our world, and who, perhaps, controlled and inhibited our growing years. Ma would refer to it as ettiquete (sic).
Yet, if I am to be honest, I would admit that upon first meeting a woman in a nudist setting, after a meeting of the eyes and checking her smile, my attention is drawn to those parts usually covered in the real world. But, Ma, this is not a sexual fixation; rather, it is akin to the "sizing up" anyone does when initially meeting a stranger who is fully clothed. I suppose that if I resided in a naturist environment full-time, it would quickly subside.

It's nothing to worry about.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 10/26/2008 :  11:27:12 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Nudism is square?? Let's see. I know, we'll ask all your very conservative friends and acquaintances to go with us to a nudist resort! What? They won't go? But, I thought that nudism is square. Conservative people like conformity and being square. Hmmmm. That isn't logical thinking.

Walking around nude outside one's home is not conventional, at least in the USA. Maybe nudism is a very different approach to modern-day life, much different from the norm in America.

All this makes us swerve uncontrollably into the conclusion that nudism is not square, and instead quite a radical departure from the normal day of a textile person's life.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 12/22/2008 :  10:58:28 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The way some members treat female participants here,they being truely a minority here deserve RESPECT,their opinions really do make this a forum, whether or not we agree.
Locker room mantality isn't their desire here,as we've witnessed they won't/don't tolerate insults,who would. That worries me. A miniority that gets smaller is a concern for everyone here, and this lifestyle as a whole.

go n nude

nudesunguy
Forum Member

Posted - 01/03/2010 :  12:02:33 PM  Show Profile  Send nudesunguy a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
"you're not even supposed to notice people's bodies."

Of course everybody notices people's bodies. But just as in clothed society, you don't comment on them. You don't go up to clothed strangers and say, "Wow, lady, you've got big tits." Or "Sir, you sure are fat."

n/a
deleted

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  06:51:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with the idea that is one step forward and back at same time, I got into nudism when I was around 19 I am 35 now and I can not go nude anymore now just as openly as I could at 19. The groups who can help make this lifestyle choice more mainstream and in the public eye such as AANR,TNS etc are not taking the steps to do it. Advertising in nudist resorts does not help it, you need to advertise in public places , in magazines that younger adults read. The normal media if were lucky might do one story a year saying that due to survey that 55% of people would enjoy trying a nude vacation, big deal!

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2013 :  9:54:14 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WyldspringNudist

You know, I consider myself to be a hedonist. I am a pagan priest who worships the god Dionysus. We like sex and drinking wine in the woods, divine madness, and most things "hedonistic" I am also a nudist. Does this make me unacceptable to the general nudist community? Not sure. I do know I do not enforce my lifestyle on others so watch it before you insult us "hedonist," there are more of us than not and clubs run on money as well as people.

I'm with you entirely on this WyldspringNudist. All acts of love and pleasure are sacred, and even better done naked. I'm glad ItsAlrightMa started this topic, and several others have been supporting. Resort "nudism" is much too square and not going anywhere that I want to attend. So are several of the self appointed "nudist" police.

They wave their bogus mantra of "family oriented" while catering 99% to the over 50 crowd that only has grown kids. They just use the phrase "family oriented" to blame their anti-body prejudice on "for the children" rather than taking responsibility for their own stuff. Resort promoters don't want naked to become acceptable in general because they have a vested interest in allowing nude people only behind very limited fences for a price paid to them.

Many promote a high degree of misandry, constantly criticizing men for one reason or another. They wasted no time in jumping on this topic to criticize and complain. Frankly I am frequently offended by their offensive behavior on this forum and at resorts. I don't go to "nude" resorts any more, haven't in some years. "Square" isn't even the half of it.

In the end they have driven off most families that they pretend to focus on. Young men and women, fathers and mothers, don't need their harangue or their old fuddy attitudes.

Its kind of a shame. They could be a vanguard of promoting acceptance of nudity, but they won't. Real nudists will eventually leave them behind where they belong.

Bob Knows

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  5:59:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Bob, I'm puzzled. You say "I don't go to "nude" resorts any more, haven't in some years." If that's the case, it's hard to understand your continued interest in a forum titled "Nudist-Resorts.org". You're obviously a person of strong opinions, which is fine, but why do you waste your mental bandwidth on a forum dedicated to resorts you have no interest in visiting? I don't get it.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2013 :  7:34:26 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What worries me about nudism;

The "younger" generation of nudists is what worries me. There is plenty to be angry about with the status quo of our organizations and the stagnant progress of our growth as a community.

First, we need to define the "younger" generation and those that supposedly make up the entirety of nudism ( the fuddies). Who is the younger generation 20-30? What of the 40 year olds? Where are they? Where do they stand? With the 20-30 yr olds or the 50 and above? 40 yr olds, 50 yr olds and many 60 yr olds all feel they are young thinking and progressive but does the "younger" generation of nudists automatically lump them all into the "fuddy" generation?

It's been a proven fact that this "younger" generation isn't into join organizations. It's a proven fact that many of the 20-30 yr olds, nudists or not, don't care for rules, standards, guidelines and many resist andy or all authority. Belonging to a organization, paying dues and following philosophies are not in their makeup.

So, why is it that they are so concerned about the status quo and no changes ... if they are unwilling to join and make the changes? Complaining on a naturist forum does nothing to institute change. Younger nudists MUST join clubs, MUST join the organizations, get involved and make changes from the inside and not on the pages of message boards, naturist websites and blogs.

I look forward to the changes that the younger generation of nudists want but ... the older/fuddy nudists are NOT going to institute those changes for them. They have to be willing to do it themselves.

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Edited by - FireProf on 01/16/2013 6:39:34 PM

Bob Knows
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2013 :  11:14:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Uh, Doc. The title on my page header is "Talk About Nudism." If you disagree with someone's opinion and have something valid to say you are welcome to speak your peace. I hope your comment "waste your mental bandwidth" wasn't intended to be insulting as it appeared to be. Lets keep it friendly.

Bob

Page: of 3 Previous Topic: Sex on nudist beaches Topic Next Topic: Nudism & so called conflicting lifestyles  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.38 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved