Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 150 ]  [ Total: 150 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nude Beaches and Public Lands / Nudism Places
 Most Popular Nude Beaches
 Playlinda or Apollo
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: talk of closings Topic Next Topic: Pirates Cove
Page: of 7

tansailr
$ Supporter

Posted - 05/02/2011 :  12:26:16 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"...make Lots 4 and 5 nude"....easier said than done, since Lot 5 isn't officiallynude...it's just accepted as same, subject to the whim of the NPS. Extending the same acceptance to Lot 4 would amount to saying 40% of Apollo is designated (accepted) nude and this would be politically difficult for the NPS since viewpoints on nudity vary so widely among textiles.

On the other hand, my wife and I have used the beach off of Lot 4 when Lot 5 has been full. By walking down the beach 3/4 of a mile or so we stayed clear of textiles. Our portable windbreak kept us from view from the most avid textile beachwalkers and the rangers never gave us a second look. The point here is that to keep what we've got (Lot 5's beach) we need to stay conscious of others who might take offense and subsequently write complaint letters to the NPS. Maybe more to follow -- we'll be on the beach from 5/5 thru 5/13.

badbugs
Forum Member

Posted - 05/02/2011 :  1:26:39 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
tansailr....being a local here in NSB I want to thank you for your post, couldn't have said it better myself.

FlaNudeCpl161
Forum Member

Posted - 06/30/2012 :  10:32:11 PM  Show Profile  Send FlaNudeCpl161 an AOL message  Send FlaNudeCpl161 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That was always a problem when we were there on a regular basis in the 90's regarding parking.

If you went, you had to be there within an hour or no spots. If not, Lot 4 then hike it down with someone or wait until after 3pm.

We would bring a bike and if necessary we could drop off the clan (we took the whole family there), then drive back to 3 or 4 and bike it back down. Easy enough. No worries having to walk back a couple miles to retrieve your car.

Thongman8

Posted - 07/12/2012 :  10:54:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Thongman8 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I'll be down in the area in January. I'd love to get in some nude sunbathing. I have a question, do people ever get ticketed on Apollo beach? I have heard that on Playalinda Beach they can ticket people for being nude. Does it ever happen?

Also, since I only have one day, which beach is better, Apollo or Playalinda?

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2012 :  8:21:52 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thong man,

Never heard of anyone every getting a ticket at Apollo, however in the past people have been ticketed at Playalinda. A lot of people think this still goes on at Playalinda but no one has gotten a ticket in many years at Playalinda. we have been to Playalinda several times and never seen a single problem. We love Apollo better but both beaches are great.

Diger

waterboy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/13/2012 :  9:23:48 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Curious about bringing kids? We have a 8 and 11 yr old that we take to Gunnison. Actually going again tomorrow! :) Wondering about a winter trip. What beach is better for kids?
Sean

Daretobare
Forum Member

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  06:00:01 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Last winter when I was in Florida I never noticed any children at Apollo. Did see a a couple of families come down the beach unknowingly with their kids. Everybody was generous enough to cover up and nicely mentioned about the nudism and in which they appreciated. I found more family, couples and kids at Playalinda though those with kids stayed a little more south than the general population. I can't wait till December to get back down this winter. Wife is talking about us flying down for a few days in October.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  10:41:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I prefer apollo for many reasons....1. Its easy to get to 2. Its legal there. 3. Not as crowded or popular with locals. I love apollo when I went had right mix of men,women even a family of nudists on occasion. And trust me if your first time nude ever is there and you meet a nudist family it restores hope that nudism is healthy for a family. The mother of the family knew right away it was my first time at this beach or nude in public so she did all she could to make me feel welcome and at ease about being nude in front of people.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  8:07:38 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Waterboy,

I would say Apollo would be the best, several times we have seen kids there. Our friends will be joining us there tomorrow and they are hoping to bring their 2yo Grand Daughter with them. Last summer we saw a family with three teen and preteen boys and on another occasion a family with two preschool girls. Apollo is alive and well with more and more younger couples (even kids) every year.

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 07/14/2012 8:11:25 PM

n/a
deleted

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  8:36:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree Diger that is what I miss about my home in Florida was going to apollo and seeing a mix of nudists and not just 20 men and 3 women. I saw families,kids,teens,adults everyone it was great. A true to the word family nudist friendly place.

waterboy
Forum Member

Posted - 07/14/2012 :  9:12:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Thank you all. Apollo sounds like the one ... how is Haulover for kids? Apollo sounds more family friendly. Gunnison has a nice family atmosphere except for the occasional creep, but I guess you have that everywhere.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/15/2012 :  10:39:11 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
that's true waterboy you have the creeps even at Apollo. One thing I have noticed is that when kids are around they bring out a lot more ssmiles in everyone and everyone is on their best behaviour too.

Diger

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/16/2012 :  10:43:15 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
We have just spent three great days at Apollo and have four more to go. Don't head home till Saturday.

Diger

skivtbd
Forum Member

Posted - 07/16/2012 :  11:48:53 PM  Show Profile  Send skivtbd an AOL message  Send skivtbd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Diger, I think it time you and Angie make Apollo your homestead... See you on thursday... Pat

jPat

daytonabeachside@yah oo

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 07/17/2012 :  9:22:45 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks Pat, Tansailor is nominating me for mayor but I don't won't to take your title. LOL

See you then.

Diger

Page: of 7 Previous Topic: talk of closings Topic Next Topic: Pirates Cove  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved