Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 164 ]  [ Total: 164 ]  [ Newest Member: bea abe ]
 All Forums
 Education - Promoting the Nudist Lifestyle
 How to educate your non-nudist family members
 Raising your kids in a nude environment
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Getting around the ex Topic Next Topic: Introducing nudism to young children  

ART_NAKED
Forum Member

Posted - 12/26/2007 :  04:47:18 AM  Show Profile  Visit ART_NAKED's Homepage  Reply with Quote
My wife is pregnant and due to have our baby boy the first part of March 2008. We will raise him in the nudist fashion as my wife and I have been. We feel that it has been good for us and should be good for him.

We are in our early 40s and late 30s and want the best for our son. Times have changed from 30 plus years ago, but nudists have not changed like some of the other groups of people we know.

I would like some feed back on this topic please.

Art Naked

Got Nudes?
Oil paintings by
www.jamestaylorstudio.com

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 12/26/2007 :  9:12:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
That's the best way to go: nudist from birth.. My wife and I became home-nudists when we moved in together. That did not change when she got pregnant and had our daughter. Being that our baby had seen us nude since birth, there was never any adverse reaction to our nudity. When she was properly potty trained, the diapers were discarded and she started going nude at home just like us. She spent most of the first three years of her life nude, until work forced us to put her in daycare.
There was only one incident, where she disrobed at the daycare and incited the other kids to do the same, which they happily complied; I came home that day with a frantic wife telling me that the daycare lady had called, declaring that she had just spent the afternoon chasing nude kids through the daycare center! I learned from other nudists that this kind of thing sometimes happens with young nudist children. This is the kind of thing that you have to prepare for and try to prevent when raising a child as a nudist.
Other than this incident, there were no issues with my daughter's nudist upbringing; by 6 she had been to the nudist resort many times, had been around many nudists, and played with other nude children (as well as her cousin who went nude with her when she visited, yet whose parents were not nudists), and all this quite naturally and without reservation. Around age 7, she started becoming self-conscious, and requesting some measure of privacy. Her mother and I respected this, granting her the right to close the door while changing or taking a bath. This stage typically happens between ages 7 and 11; in some cases it never happens at all, particularily with boys. So even though you may never be faced with this, you should be still prepared for it, even though this would not occur for another many years.
In the meantime, go for it. I highly recommend it; those were the best years of my life.

nudefamily

Posted - 12/27/2007 :  11:32:15 AM  Show Profile  Click to see nudefamily's MSN Messenger address  Send nudefamily a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Our kids, daughter 15 and son 12 have been nudist from birth too. They never felt uncomfortable with it and they don't have many taboos as many and many other adolescents of same age have.
Suggest to go for it.

JonR

Posted - 12/29/2007 :  10:04:23 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We are 44 and 37 and have a 2 month old daughter who we're raising as a naturist. I'm generally naked at home and this hasn't changed with the arrival of our daughter.

Yes, best to go from birth, then they won't know any different.

Jon.

ART_NAKED
Forum Member

Posted - 01/06/2008 :  05:54:26 AM  Show Profile  Visit ART_NAKED's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Wow, I have had some good responses from this forum in replies here and via email.

Thanks to all for your positive feedback, and I do mean all positive. I really enjoy hearing what people have to say about this kind of thing. This is how we grow and learn how to be complacent in things that are in the greater non-acceptance.

The personal experiences are what hit home for me as well. It seems the majority of people I have known that do not, and have not from birth, had the being naked in front of others hang-up have better self esteem and able to get along with others the best. Sure we all have issues, but people that have less of them seem to get on with others.

I think the hardest thing for me to understand when I was really young is the phenomenon of the do not take your clothes off here because we just said so. How do you explain to a young, inexperienced kid the social acceptance of being free but not here or over there - but here we all can.

Maybe I am and always have been a rebel. I think the idea of not being free in a free country is ridicules. What is the difference in walking on the beach buck naked or walking the same stretch of sand in an erotic suit that gives off more of the same thing that people say about being naked.

How do I explain this to my son without getting all-philosophical about it.

Ok…maybe I have issues with not being free enough to do my shopping in the buff at Best Buy here in Salem Oregon when it is hot. Looks like I may need to pickup that 10 acres after all to pick my tomatoes in the buff and save the “put your clothes on son, we are going to town” speech for later.

Artnaked

Got Nudes?
Oil paintings by
www.jamestaylorstudio.com

Little Fellow
Forum Member

Posted - 05/05/2008 :  12:25:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Nudony

There was only one incident, where she disrobed at the daycare and incited the other kids to do the same, which they happily complied; I came home that day with a frantic wife telling me that the daycare lady had called, declaring that she had just spent the afternoon chasing nude kids through the daycare center! I learned from other nudists that this kind of thing sometimes happens with young nudist children.

I am not a father but I would find this a very hard to accept. I am a closet nudist because my job as a teacher (at a secondary boys school!) and scout leader would be much harder if i was outed. i also feel it would be my own child decision and they should decide when they are old enough.

agde
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  10:07:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Little Fellow
I am a closet nudist because my job as a teacher (at a secondary boys school!) and scout leader would be much harder if i was outed.

Scout leaders are at the perfect nexus of naturism and naturalism. Teaching kids about to see themselves in nature, as part of nature, about how humans use basic tools to survive and clothing as protection, to put all kinds of social and industry hype in perspective. I know there is a lot of concern about people who work with kids, but it doesn't have to be an issue of being "outed", rather just of teaching the values associated with naturism in a strong and natural way.

agde
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  10:09:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Why isn't there a handbook on naturist parenting? There must be a few of us who have gone through it.

Anybody up for starting a Wikipedia article on naturist parenting / nudist parenting? Is there a current naturist child psychologist or pediatrician who could start the ball rolling and set up the proper age categories?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 05/06/2008 :  10:42:44 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by agde

Why isn't there a handbook on naturist parenting? There must be a few of us who have gone through it.

Anybody up for starting a Wikipedia article on naturist parenting / nudist parenting? Is there a current naturist child psychologist or pediatrician who could start the ball rolling and set up the proper age categories?

adge, There is a yahoo group of which I am a part at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clothesfreechild2

:) Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

Edited by - Admin to fix link.

Edited by - Cheri on 05/06/2008 10:47:18 AM

agde
Forum Member

Posted - 05/10/2008 :  11:10:42 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri
adge, There is a yahoo group of which I am a part at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clothesfreechild2

Thanks, Cheri. I've gotten through the group acceptance process and look forward to participating. I still think having a structured "naturist parenting handbook" a la DrSpock.com +teenage years would be cool!

Edited by - agde on 05/10/2008 11:15:57 PM

traisjames
Forum Member

Posted - 05/11/2008 :  7:10:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit traisjames's Homepage  Click to see traisjames's MSN Messenger address  Reply with Quote
Cheri, when you said your part of the clothesfreechild2 group I thought you ment you were a member, didn't relize you were a moderator. I just send you an e-mail about joining the group. Thats cool!

Maybe when this sites gets it update we can get a wiki page or something going where we first make a breakdown by chapter, then we each chip in to write our own book. If my writting skills were better, I would write a book as I raise my first kid in a few years when I have one (assuming I ever get a girlfriend). I know once chapter would have to deal with children and diapers while also being a nudist. Another would have to be explaining to parents and other children what has happened when something like what happened with Nudory...That was funny to read, and probably funnier to see.

From the guy with his eye on the sky

Balto Bob
$ Supporter

Posted - 03/31/2009 :  06:04:55 AM  Show Profile  Visit Balto Bob's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Little Fellow

quote:
Originally posted by Nudony

There was only one incident, where she disrobed at the daycare and incited the other kids to do the same, which they happily complied; I came home that day with a frantic wife telling me that the daycare lady had called, declaring that she had just spent the afternoon chasing nude kids through the daycare center! I learned from other nudists that this kind of thing sometimes happens with young nudist children.

I am not a father but I would find this a very hard to accept. I am a closet nudist because my job as a teacher (at a secondary boys school!) and scout leader would be much harder if i was outed. i also feel it would be my own child decision and they should decide when they are old enough.

When you have children, you try to expose them to things. They can decide later whether to embrace those ideas as adults. We took our daughters to church, bought a piano (paid for a few lessons), allowed/ encouraged them to spend time in the house and backyard pool nude. My daughters (now 27 & 32) didn't embrace ANY of these things. But, I don't regret the effort. They are both in stable, happy relationships. Both have college degrees, jobs and homes.

Bob
Have a nice NUDE day !!

www.flickr.com/photos/isisdc/2560300492/
www.flickr.com/photos/perspective/2560521247/

Previous Topic: Getting around the ex Topic Next Topic: Introducing nudism to young children  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.31 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved