Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 528 ]  [ Total: 528 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Women - From the Feminine Point of View
 Nudism From a Woman's Viewpoint
 Women Nudists
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Going Grey Topic Next Topic: Getting her to try nudism
Page: of 6

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  10:19:03 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree GeorgeB, the rudness issue is what this topic is really all about, women finally getting up the courage to give nudism a try and this type of experience turns them off fast.
CathyK you are so right,we males only use 1/2 of our brain and females have the ability use both sides of theirs. Being they feel very vulnerable and sensitive about their bodies, and any negative behavior or bad experience,will drive them away.I think we males have to keep this in mind always. If not the ratio will only increase and we have to change it for everyone's benefit.

go n nude

agde
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2008 :  12:30:38 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Cathy, I have a couple follow up questions. From your comment, it sounds like that, while women face higher hurdles in trying naturism for the first time, you guys might enjoy the freedom of a nude environment all that much more once you try it?

Various national and cultural contexts are very different. Bare breasts for women in France, for instance, is long since a matter of comfort, not controversy. But I can't count number of times over the years that women friends in the States have told me that guys simply cannot imagine the relief of being able to take a break from all the fashion and body image pressures. I of course always protest that guys have their own body image issues, but I certainly understand. My most fun, extreme experience of this was with a girlfriend from Morocco. On the way to a naturist beach in France for the first time, she nearly exploded with worry and anxiety, but once there the joy of the inner child just radiated! For the rest of the summer, she nearly insisted on living full-time at the beach! I think she made it over the hurdle because she completely trusted me to turn back if she asked, to provide 200% protection once we were there, or both.

Are there things naturists can do to reassure and lower the initial hurdles? Maybe little things long before or completely separate from discussing actually taking the social nudism plunge?

Edited by - agde on 01/09/2008 12:37:06 PM

success
Forum Member

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  07:46:00 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by agde

Cathy, I have a couple follow up questions. From your comment, it sounds like that, while women face higher hurdles in trying naturism for the first time, you guys might enjoy the freedom of a nude environment all that much more once you try it?

It may not be limited to the issue of public nudity. We can see the same sort of male:female ratios in the so-called adventure sports. The trend there is that in recent years the gender balance has been equalizing because the younger newcomers are closer to 1:1. As the lines between the traditional gender roles continue to blur, each side is able to see what they've been missing. My money says it will spill over into this area in due time.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/12/2008 :  11:58:30 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
succes i think your right on the money here.
Females have said when trying nudism the first time, it was their first experience that made them feel good about going nude, the friendly people made them feel at ease and they lost their worries fast. We males must realize its not as easy for them, and chasing them away with rude and bad behavior, only widens the gap.Not saying we're all bad, it only takes one idiocy and their fears are realized and thats a shame. We need a code of conduct and not tolerate the few who spoil this great lifestyle.

go n nude

Edited by - go n nude on 01/12/2008 12:01:11 PM

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 01/13/2008 :  05:07:32 AM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by go n nude

succes i think your right on the money here.
Females have said when trying nudism the first time, it was their first experience that made them feel good about going nude, the friendly people made them feel at ease and they lost their worries fast. We males must realize its not as easy for them, and chasing them away with rude and bad behavior, only widens the gap.Not saying we're all bad, it only takes one idiocy and their fears are realized and thats a shame. We need a code of conduct and not tolerate the few who spoil this great lifestyle.

go n nude

Good point, go n nude. Research has shown that people remember negative experiences 10 times more strongly than positive experiences (and there's only one first impression). Multiply that by a conservative estimate of 2:1, and it becomes even more important to create the most comfortable environment possible.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  09:16:04 AM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with all the points made here, I have tried to make the same points in the topic Nudist vs Nudist. This very reason is why some resorts limit Male - Female ratios. This gives the ladies a comfortable place to try the lifestyle without the overwhelming ratio.

Diger

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  12:03:32 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
When I suggested to Sue, my wife that we try naturism in 1977 she shyed away a little but we visited a family orientated club. Though a little nervous initially, with a little encouragement from members she was nude within 15 minutes and has never looked back. I see so many posts on this forum suggusting that the first experience of social nudity was tried out on a public nudist beach and am not surprised that our lady partners are reticent. It is well known that some single males who have the one intention of oggling the females frequent the beaches and this can put off prospective nudists. Why do couples and ladies that want to enjoy the fantastic lifestyle not approach clubs where they will be in the company of true nudists who will help to dispell any doubts.

I must make it clear that I am not having a bash at the vast majority of single guys who also want to enjoy nudism but whose reputation is being sullied but the minority whose only aim is to make ladies, new to the lifestyle feel uncomfortable.

Tuffers

natravellers
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  2:59:47 PM  Show Profile  Send natravellers an AOL message  Reply with Quote
<Why do couples and ladies that want to enjoy the fantastic lifestyle not approach clubs where they will be in the company of true nudists who will help to dispell any doubts.>

Because most clubs don't make it easy for folks to approach them or even know they exist. I know the internet is the vast source of info for most everybody (here at least). But think about it, when is the last time you saw your local nudist club advertised locally?

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  4:56:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Every year and throughout the year as far as our club is concerned. Anyone who wants to consider a local club can obtain information easily. In the UK there is British Naturism annd I believe that in the USA there is AANR.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2008 :  8:11:46 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by natravellers

(snip)
But think about it, when is the last time you saw your local nudist club advertised locally?

Many clubs, including my small nonlanded club, advertises about 10 months out of the year in a non-nudist publication. Many clubs also advertise especially since AANR clubs do have coOp ad rebates for the clubs.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

natravellers
Forum Member

Posted - 01/16/2008 :  10:39:11 AM  Show Profile  Send natravellers an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I think your clubs are in the minority. I've NEVER seen any ads for a nudist club in a non-nudist publication. Granted, we're in a mid-size population area, but I still can't recall ever seeing anything in the major newspapers/publications. Of course, that doesn't mean that there never has been, but they are certainly far and few between.

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  01:41:21 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I was visiting family in Oklahoma recently when I spotted an ad for Oak Lake Trails in a local publication.

And every club we've visited has been very welcoming. I would definitely recommend a club over a beach if at all possible for anyone's introduction to nudism.

Most clubs (at least the one's we've visited) have at least 1 or 2 open houses every spring or summer thats free of charge too.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 01/17/2008 :  04:08:07 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tuffers

When I suggested to Sue, my wife that we try naturism in 1977 she shyed away a little but we visited a family orientated club. Though a little nervous initially, with a little encouragement from members she was nude within 15 minutes and has never looked back. I see so many posts on this forum suggusting that the first experience of social nudity was tried out on a public nudist beach and am not surprised that our lady partners are reticent. It is well known that some single males who have the one intention of oggling the females frequent the beaches and this can put off prospective nudists. Why do couples and ladies that want to enjoy the fantastic lifestyle not approach clubs where they will be in the company of true nudists who will help to dispell any doubts.

I must make it clear that I am not having a bash at the vast majority of single guys who also want to enjoy nudism but whose reputation is being sullied but the minority whose only aim is to make ladies, new to the lifestyle feel uncomfortable.

Tuffers

I think its not just beaches verses clubs, or "single male" who knows if they are single.In general anywhere they visit, males have made them feel uncomfortable and many haven't returned. If we don't change this, it will only widen the gap. I don't have all the answers to fix this quick. We better find some.

go n nude

Nature Lover

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  10:08:23 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
The easiest way not to be nervous is to ignore people who comment negatively or give you strange looks, do not wear much to beach and bare your top immediately then it becomes easier to remove the bottom half of your clothing once you enjoying nature on your body.

On the other hand some people approve and enjoy looking and you and you should be proud of showing off your nude body in this case.

NCLynn
Forum Member

Posted - 08/05/2008 :  7:53:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have only visited nudist resorts/camp grounds with a significant other, never alone. For me, visiting with a partner made it much easier to shed my clothes and enjoy the nudist experience. Body image is one of the reasons I have not ventured out alone. I keep thinking that I will visit a resort on my own after losing those pesky pounds. Why do we do that to ourselves and miss out on the fun?

Lynn

Page: of 6 Previous Topic: Going Grey Topic Next Topic: Getting her to try nudism  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.32 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved