Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 399 ]  [ Total: 399 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Types of Nudist Recreation
 Resorts or clubs that require or enforce nudity
 How do you feel about resorts that require nudity?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Completely Nude Resorts - Clothing not an option Topic Next Topic: Resorts or clubs that require nudity - Find them!
Page: of 4

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  12:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
How do you feel about resorts that require nudity?

Some resorts or clubs consider nudity not an option, but a requirement.

What are your feelings? Is enforced nudity good for the industry? Should more resorts and clubs require their quests to get nude or get lost?

This thread is about your opinions. If you have certain resorts to list that require nudity, post it in the other thread. [here]

So, what are your feelings about resorts and clubs that require nudity?

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 02/24/2008 :  2:31:57 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's their club, and they can run it as they wish. However, if someone is sunburned or chilled or just not feeling well, some bit of clothing might make that individual more comforable. Additionally, when a woman is menstruating, some of these women prefer to wear swimsuit bottoms or shorts. I don't think a doctor's letter should be mandated.

However, if someone has been attending a nudist club for a season and continues to remain clothed, I think that person should be approached and asked what the problem is. Perhaps another nudist club would be more appropriate.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  06:09:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Things have changed at our club over the 30 years that e have been members. For the first few years when the guy that first set the place up was alive, there was a strict rule that one could not wear a top without bottoms. Sue and I even witnessed hime telling a teenaged girl to put bottoms on because she had a tee shirt to cover her sun burnt shoulders. What an attitude!!

I do agree that generally though, those who want to go to nudist clubs or locations should be required to be nude but for people who are putting their feet in the water for the first time, allowances should be made. To force someone to strip immediately is not the best introduction to our life style. It took Sue and I about 10 minutes to disrobe on our first visit, done at our pace.

Tuffers

HappyDaz
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  07:48:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Clearly there are circumstances in which people would want to cover themselves up at a nudist resort. Cheri's covered several of them. Most resorts require nudity around the pool and I think that's appropriate. I also believe that newbies should be given to time ease into being nude around other people. Although, nudity should be strongly encouraged. After all, the reason for a nude resort is for people to enjoy social nudity right? We went to a large resort in Florida several years ago and went to dinner at their restaurant. We were the only ones nude. It was probably just coincidental but it felt awkward.

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  3:10:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I prefer resorts with a clothes free policy but exceptions for health and safety reasons should always be allowed. Resorts should have clothing optional periods for newcomers to encourage membership.

Best Wishes, Jim

natravellers
Forum Member

Posted - 02/25/2008 :  6:32:20 PM  Show Profile  Send natravellers an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Although we prefer a nudity required venue (excepting circumstances Cheri mentioned which are totally acceptable imo), we have had no problem being the only nude people at a clothing optional location. Everyone knew it was CO so if they had a problem, it was theirs not ours. And you never know whenyour clothes-free example will cause full blown nudity to break out, lol.

NT

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  12:20:40 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We're caught in bit of a dilemma. The Prof and I would rather visit "nudist" venues as opposed to clothing optional but...the Prof has had some skin cancers removed and needs to be very careful with sun exposure.

She needs to be able to cover with a light shirt when we think she's had enough sun. We wouldn't want to have someone come over and demand she uncover or tell us to leave.

On the other hand, we've visited "nude" venues and been one of two or three other couples that were nude and the rest of the people are either covered or completely dressed. We visited a "nude" resort on a Sunday during football season. There were about 50 people there. Only a dozen of us were naked. The rest of the people were completely clothed in the restaurant/bar watching the game...now that's ridiculous.

A club should be able to dictate what type of policy they'd like to have but I'd hope that they were a bit more understanding regarding sun exposure, female cycles, weather...etc. before demanding someone strip or leave.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  09:00:35 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Yes there are some resorts/clubs with strict policies regarding Nudity and clothes/opt. is not an option,as many have stated its their club and the members feel everyone should be nude for their total enjoyment,does it eliminate gawkers in clothes yes but they'll be nude too.Does it eliminate perv's/peds they Wish. Some will not visit any other type, other than nude only, its their choice and freedom.I'm glad we have it .I'd prefer c/o as it doesn't eliminate choice or freedom.

go n nude

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 02/26/2008 :  7:10:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I believe that newbie should be given a chance to adjust but after the second day or second visit they should relize that it is a nudist resort and that means being nude,but I agree with most that weather condition and women related issues should be factored in, if your shoulder or back are sunburn I see nothing wrong with slipping on a tee shirt.I been to a few of those clubs in the past and I think most have updated there rules,if they haven't it's there place and its our choice to visit or not.

HappyDaz
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  08:04:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Me again. There's been some good input on this subject. I agree that clubs should not be militant or unpleasant about guests being nude. But, isn't the point of going to a nude resort to be nude? If it's not (all the exceptions pointed out notwithstanding) why are they there? To me, wearing clothes is the requirement I don't care for. Going to a nude resort/club and staying clothed is a bit like someone who doesn't care for the outdoors going camping.

maytrythis
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  10:06:43 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
being new to this life style we are looking to go to our first resort. We have passed up alot of them because they are nude only. We are looking for a CO resort so when we feel comfortable we can join into the full nude activities. If we had to go to full nude right away the wife wouldn't go.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  10:10:08 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Happy Daz we can agree the resorts/club soul exsistance is for those who wish to live/visit Nude, do so for their enjoyment and their friends and family. They are there for that purpose and some who's reason for not being nude are their own choice for comfort or health ect. really it is their choice,I personally don't have any problem as long as they don't mind my choice.I can invite anyone to visit and its their choice if they would so choose to go nude thats great too!Some have and some didn't at least they had a choice. In time they might just try it knowing its their choice and nudism is really about freedom to live nude if one so wishes and isn't forced to choose or lose.

go n nude

maytrythis
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  12:38:25 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
go n nude

I agree with you. My wife is more self conscious then I am there for it would be easier for her to ez into experiance than to be forced into it. If she didn't have a choice she wouldn't go.

GrayWolf
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  1:21:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I'd like to see clubs/resorts enforce mandatory nudity after the first couple of visits. (weather, sunburn, etc excepted of course) My feeling is that if a person doesn't want to join our "family" in a reasonable time then they should not be allowed to visit anymore.

nudistmormon
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  4:07:20 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by GrayWolf

I'd like to see clubs/resorts enforce mandatory nudity after the first couple of visits. (weather, sunburn, etc excepted of course) My feeling is that if a person doesn't want to join our "family" in a reasonable time then they should not be allowed to visit anymore.

agreed.

Not new here, I used to have the s/n loves2bnude

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 02/27/2008 :  7:52:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Respectfully Graywolf and Nudistmormon this thread is about the clubs that do enforce nudity its their policy and i respect that totally. I'm sure they'll allow their members exceptions do any health concern or temporary illness ect. Its their club and I'm sure everybody's happy.

go n nude

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Completely Nude Resorts - Clothing not an option Topic Next Topic: Resorts or clubs that require nudity - Find them!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved