Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 219 ]  [ Total: 219 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Nudist Fashion - Apparel and Body Jewelry
 Piercing, body jewelry, etc.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Genital Jewelry Topic
Page: of 27

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  10:26:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I had a buddy with a metal plate. He carried a medical note. Never had any problems with airport security. Although he has not been to airport since 9/11.

irishred

panhandler
Forum Member

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  12:15:24 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have a metal bar with 9 screws in my right leg and it has never set off a metal detector. I haven't flown since 9/11 but have been in a Federal Court House couple times.

panhandler

Edited by - panhandler on 01/28/2004 12:18:10 PM

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 01/28/2004 :  4:56:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

Irishred and Panhandler,

Thanks for the input. Perhaps the fact that the mental is "inside" the body, the detectors don't pick it up.

Chic

hillbilly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  06:22:41 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think it depends on how much metal you have and how deep it is. Like in the head it would be just under the skin and would be detected, but any deeper depends on how deep.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  08:21:37 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I think your right hillbilly, I know my hubby has set off the metal detector, and had to take keys, and change out of his pocket.

Kim =^.^=

cpt-noble
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  12:57:16 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpt-noble's Homepage  Send cpt-noble a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have set off a few metal dectors and I tell them that I do have body piercings, before 9/11 they would say ok and let me go thru but since then they will take me to a seprate room to search which i do not mind at all. The thing that really concerns me that there are some airports that have people who have tier morals det in the way and tell me to go on ahead I will take your word for it.

cpt-noble
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  1:00:27 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpt-noble's Homepage  Send cpt-noble a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
But the easiest way around all that is they do make plastic body jewlery

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  4:00:46 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Some of the body jewelery is detachable like nipple rings. That might be the way to go if your doing a lot of traveling by air.

Kim =^.^=

cpt-noble
Forum Member

Posted - 01/29/2004 :  4:18:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpt-noble's Homepage  Send cpt-noble a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Almost all the jewelry is removable the only way for it to be permenat is to have it done and is very expensive, the reason they came out with palstic jewelry is for that very reason, and they also make clear plastic jewelry so as to be invisable in the work place.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2004 :  01:17:03 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I wasn't aware of that cpt-noble, sounds like a good idea.

Kim =^.^=

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2004 :  01:32:19 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have 3 stents in my heart, so I can't have MRIs done. Not sure what metal they're made of, but it must be steel to be a problem with MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging), but it doesn't set off airport metal detectors. I have, however set off the detectors at the Federal Building in with the foil in my ciggarette pack. They are set very sensitive-and yes, I'm a bad boy still smoking after my quadruple by-pass. Sorry mom, I'm trying to quit.

Just a suggestion: If you're having an MRI done, you might want to remove piercings from you junk, if you have them.
Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 01/30/2004 01:38:07 AM

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2004 :  01:39:14 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Randy we have a friend who got a piece of metal in his eye while welding. He was told he can not have an MRI because it might damage his eye.

Kim =^.^=

cpt-noble
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2004 :  1:24:32 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpt-noble's Homepage  Send cpt-noble a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Randy first off any metal to be placed in the body hasa to be either stainless steel, gold or titainium. The stents are very likely surgical stainless steel and are to small to set off detectors. I just recently had an MRI and had to tell technition that i had a piece of srapnel in my head from a accident, they told me that should be no problem but I had to let them know if it started to get warm or if i felt it tugging. after the MRI was over tech said the metal was still there said the worst thing that could have happened was the metal would have been pulled out, so that is why you cant hae an MRI, can you imagine haveing the stents ripped out that way. My piercing has set off many detectors because of it's size it is a 1g P/A and to put that into perspective for you 1 gauge is as thick as a pencil.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2004 :  4:22:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I figured they would have to be out some special material Randy. Probably something that was non magnetic too.

KIm =^.^=

cpt-noble
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2004 :  5:26:43 PM  Show Profile  Visit cpt-noble's Homepage  Send cpt-noble a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
stainles steel is non magnetic as well as gold i am not sure about titainium

Page: of 27 Previous Topic: Genital Jewelry Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.31 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved