Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 232 ]  [ Total: 232 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudist Conduct and Etiquette
 Nudist Fashion - Apparel and Body Jewelry
 Piercing, body jewelry, etc.
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Genital Jewelry Topic
Page: of 27

irishred
Forum Member

Posted - 09/21/2003 :  10:30:36 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Paul and Kimberly,

I've noticed, over the past few years, more men getting piercings. Not just their lips, tongues, or nipples, but more men have genital piercings.

Not for me though.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  02:40:10 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I have noticed that too Irishred, looks like that would hurt, I am just not into pain. I have a question though, does the guy have to remove the jewlery during sex? Looks like that would be uncomfortable.

Kim =^.^=

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 09/22/2003 :  04:33:03 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
My ramble about the issues of piercings, tattoos, and shaving.

Sorry it’s long, and at times may seem a bit preachy, but it is my nature to fully explain my views.

I’m a little bit surprised, even amazed at some of the opinions about piercing, tattooing and shaving that I’ve heard expressed here.

Here’s what I think: Some I find attractive, some I don’t, and some I can’t imagine why you would want to have that done. But what amazes me is the judgmental attitudes I’m hearing from some of you. To me, being without clothes in certain situations and locations is the ultimate form of personal expression. What you do or do not adorn you body with, (including garments) is also a personal expression of self. I’ve always thought of our people as being quite open-minded and tolerant of others and their choices. 16 years ago, I got my left ear pierced and last year I got the other one done. Male ear peircings no longer signify anything, so you no longer have to worry about ‘which one means what’ or anything like that. It is a non-issue, just fashion. I have been discriminated against by a club in my area and denied access-excluded-because I am a nudist and my wife is not-like they think I’m some kind of sex pervert or something.

Some clubs deny you access because you have a piercing?
Some won’t even let you to wear a necklace, earrings or rings. Any club or campground that has the nerve to be so discriminatory will never get a nickel of my vacation budget. I thought the deal was textile free, not gold and silver free. Do they also make you take off your wedding rings? That would anger a lot of you if they did or do, but it is absolutely no different. Jewelry is jewelry.

Now they are giving those who trim or shave a hard time. Should they also say that ladies who shave their legs or armpits are not nudists?

“Anything that draws attention to your genitals, IMHO, is not nudist.” I realize this is your opinion, and you have every right to it, but face it, just being nude draws one’s attention to them. I personally would never have sharp objects thrust through my vitals and I don’t particularly like the look of it, but nobody is asking me or anyone else to do it. If they want to have it done to themselves, it is their business, and it does not change their classification to ‘not a nudist.’

We are supposedly preaching “body acceptance.” “Tolerance.” But obviously, all segments of the human population are more than willing to categorize and discriminate against members of even their own group. I am not willing to do so. Even if I think what someone is doing deviates from my own opinion or tastes. Even if I think what they are doing is stupid or unattractive. I don’t want to see 97% of the people on nude beaches in a swimsuit, let alone naked. But they are welcome and have the right to come too. I’m not there for the show, or to be in it. I am there to enjoy myself like everyone else. You don’t have to like me or the way I look, only I have to. After all, we go to the beach to be comfortable with ourselves, not to look at nude people, right? Some people don’t want to see others nude, so they don’t go to nude beaches and clubs. Those who don’t want to see a pierced genital don’t have to look at them.

I have both ears pierced, and will be getting doubles done soon. I’m getting an armband tattoo and possibly a shark on my shoulder blade. I wear a necklace-usually a shark tooth (sort of my trademark). I wear a diamond ring on my index finger. I keep my self trimmed and sometimes shave. I also like to travel from Minnesota to Haulover Beach every chance I get-two or more times a year, just to lay nude in the sun, walk on the beach and skinny dip in the ocean. I like the comfort of not having to wear clothes all the time, and I AM a nudist. That I am a nudist is not an opinion, it is a fact.

I just wish everything didn’t have to be so political! I just want to enjoy myself without being

sea foam
Forum Member

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  01:58:16 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the vein of nudeisntlewd's post, I'd like to see the day when everyone treats each other with love and respect, AND we all could be nude anywhere. Sigh.

Question: I've seen silver (or maybe white gold) and yellow gold piercings at nude beaches but not other colors, even though there are various colors of gold. Don't body piercings come in other colors? Maybe I just haven't seen them.

sea foam

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  05:12:47 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I've seen some that have an anodized look in colors like blue, yellow, green, black and red, but so far only in belly buttons and earings. I'm not sure what type of metal they are made out of. They sort of look like (they are made out of the same metal as) those aluminum clip key rings.

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  05:59:04 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
sea foam, I tried clicking on the ad for belly button rings at the bottom of this page, and found just what I was talking about. Check it out if you want to see. They are made out of Anodized Titanium.

Kimberly
Forum Member

Posted - 09/23/2003 :  08:33:51 AM  Show Profile  Send Kimberly a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Most likely they are made of that metal because of the corrosion, constant exposure to the body salt and to water ans sea salt.

Kim =^.^=

sea foam
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  12:18:51 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hmmm...

Wonder if those things increase conductivity (e.g., lightning strike). YEEEOOOWWWWW!!!

sea foam

...nothing is known, per se; all is a matter of faith...

chic
Forum Member

Posted - 09/25/2003 :  12:59:25 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It might even be picked up by a submarine sonar when swimming!

Chic

Keep it smooth!

Edited by - chic on 09/25/2003 01:01:11 AM

AbraMelin

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  1:31:12 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi all!

I have joined this forum to express some views.

I have a genital piercing. (I am 49 and married). You could hardly call it a fashion accessory. Normally no one can see it although it is obvious when I am naked. Other nudists are the only people who see it. I am very comfortable and happy with it.

Occasionally I have experienced some hostility.

I have found that most people who have any kind of piercing have it for their own satisfaction and don't care what others think. That is not to say that they don't care if they offend. I would not wish to offend anyone.

I am a member of various "BodMod" forums and the great majority of those who contribute are soft, gentle non aggressive people who wouldn't hurt a fly.
In fact they are open, friendly accepting types who are tolerant of all.
As am I.

I am Mr."normal". I have a "normal" job(unfortunately!) I live on a "normal" street in a "normal" house. I'm sure i don't need to labour the point. But I have a piercing. No one knows about it apart from my wife.

I want to be naked in the sun. Should I hide away and find places where no others can see me? Or should pierced folk have their own places?

I want to be with 'like minded people'. Is that other nudists? Or other,
what should I call them? Wierdos?

Lets have some tolerance. After all, no one is doing anyone else any harm.
In fact it's giving us something to talk about!

AND we should love each other!

SMILE

AbraMelin

Dan1208
Forum Member

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  1:53:13 PM  Show Profile  Send Dan1208 an AOL message  Click to see Dan1208's MSN Messenger address  Send Dan1208 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
No, AbraMelin, you shouldn't have to hide, nor need your own spot...as far as I'm concerned, your piercing is your business and would make no difference in our interaction, IMHO.

Here's to the day when our nudity in public is considered "normal"

Naturally, Dan :)

Edited by - Dan1208 on 11/12/2003 1:55:03 PM

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  2:15:13 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
AbraMelin, Welcome to this website. Many clubs do not allow piercings below the waist if they're obvious when nude. If you're in the states, I'd be happy to make recommendations on where you might be able to relax with the piercing. The beaches are open and anyone is welcome to visit there.

Regards, Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
-

msinger
Forum Member

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  5:19:59 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well I must say I have a tattoo and piercings. I enjoy them. I got them for the simple reason because in my line of work I cannot have a pierced ear or long hair. So I went with what works for me. My tattoo is on my upper thigh and cannot be seen unless I am naked. My piercings are worn 24 hours per day 365 days per year because I like them. These have nothing to do with me being a "true" nudist or not.

tjor

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  10:24:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It is amazing to see how far the opinions here range re piercings.It really is a shame to see a group that prides itself on " being Natural " be so closed minded. It probably just the old school on nudism hanging on to old puritan beliefs.And that's fine we are all allowed our say.. that's what makes this a great place. As a person with a PA piercing ( look it up if you dont know ) If a club didnt allow it I would find another Club. I caution all you dont need a " club" to be nude... if you like the social aspect do as I have.. start your own or go to a beach.
One last comment.. Abramelin is on the money and speaks well..all of this is about choice...a freedom....stay away from anyone that says " if your not like this or if you have that then your are not a.... whatever...
Be true to yourself

Spontanudity
Forum Member

Posted - 11/12/2003 :  10:46:14 PM  Show Profile  Visit Spontanudity's Homepage  Click to see Spontanudity's MSN Messenger address  Send Spontanudity a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Msinger/Tjor,

I hate tattoos and I don't think much of body piercing... Ok, I admit it, I'm a whimp when it comes to pain. Saying that, I totally agree with you both. Whether you choose to have a tattoo or body piercing does not detract from you ability to be a "true" nudist. Its your life and your choice, do with it what you please and don't let others cast judgement on you for doing so.

Cheers,
Spontanudity

"Forever Naked"
http://groups.msn.com/YoungSydneyNaturists

Edited by - Spontanudity on 11/12/2003 10:47:09 PM

Page: of 27 Previous Topic: Genital Jewelry Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.42 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved