Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 418 ]  [ Total: 418 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Special Interest Groups - Nudist-Oriented
 Nudist Singles - Dating, Resources and Services
 When is it time to call it quits...
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: How do you rev up your nudist social life? Topic Next Topic: Nudist resorts for singles
Page: of 2

n/a
deleted

Posted - 04/14/2008 :  08:56:11 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Guys and Gals,
Thanks for the input and let me answer some of the comments;
a) Where have I been for the last 4 years-the military kept me busy, and my last command tried to force me out with a bad conduct/dishonorable discharge a year short of my retirement (they didn't win)
b) I am 40 years old-not 19 y/o
c) Significant other-don't have one, she left about six months ago and stated nudism was the biggest reason.

The one thing I have started is put an ad on singlenudist.com and waiting for them to reply to my message regarding signing up for AANR via their group since their ability to pay online isn't working right now.

One of the biggest reasons why I got involved with nudism is that nudists generally more comfortable with themselves physically and don't have the same hangups about themselves. The other reason is that this is how I would want to raise my kids so they won't have the same hangups I did growing up.

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 04/14/2008 :  09:59:12 AM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"One of the biggest reasons why I got involved with nudism is that nudists generally more comfortable with themselves physically and don't have the same hangups about themselves. The other reason is that this is how I would want to raise my kids so they won't have the same hangups I did growing up."

nudieandproud,

I agree, nudist are typically less concerned or unconcerned about their body than textiles. Great for pre-pubescent kids.

Best Wishes, Jim

n/a
deleted

Posted - 04/14/2008 :  4:28:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi Jim,
thanks for the input.
nudieandproud

n/a
deleted

Posted - 04/18/2008 :  8:06:51 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Well to bring everyone up to speed--
I have decided not to give up being a nudist for the time being, submitted my singles ad through singlenudist.com and sent the application for AANR membership to them today.

Thanks everyone for your input, take care and be blessed.
<><
nudieandproud

Stars Upon Thars

Posted - 08/24/2008 :  05:06:06 AM  Show Profile  Send Stars Upon Thars an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I have to admit, this thread gives me pause, because I see what could easily be myself in 18 years. At my age I'm not ready to give up my idealism, but honestly I only have a few years where I feel like I could hold onto it without making any progress. I see very few nudists who seem to have stable relationships and those who do have good relationships are, like most nudists, older. That bothers me a great deal - it's a disturbing trend that honestly makes me reevaluate whether all the rhetoric we spill is true.

I just went through a breakup of a long-term relationship. It wasn't over nudism, though it was partially over nudity in movies and such. I wasn't willing to give up what I enjoy doing and talking about for her, and at this point in my life I wouldn't for anyone. But in 5 years if I don't have any serious prospects I'm sure my priorities will change. I can't wait 'til I'm 40. A celibate man, I am not.

"What if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today." - Phil Connors, Groundhog Day

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 08/24/2008 :  3:01:38 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Stars Upon Thars,

I wouldn’t be discouraged by what you’ve read here. I don’t think that unstable relationships are any more or less common within the nudist circle than they are in any other segment of society.

There are plenty of nudists here who’ve been married for a long time, and plenty who are not. I’ve said before that the practice of nudism is only one aspect of a person’s personality, and each one has to weigh its merit along with every other factor. As an example, I quote NaturistDoc: “As much as I've enjoyed the various nude beaches, cruises, and resorts I've been to, I must say that if a day came when my wife told she was no longer comfortable with social nudity, I would toss my TNS card into the shredder without a qualm.” I think that's what marriage and stability are all about. Sharing interests, tempered with consideration and sometimes sacrifice. That, I’d say is love.

I was married for 28 years, and I’ve been divorced for 4. My divorce had nothing to do with nudism. To be kind and brief, it had everything to do with personality.

You mentioned that celibacy was not for you. I don’t see that as a problem. Nudism and sexuality are two different things. But I would think that given the relaxation of sexuality in today’s society, there would be more women open to the idea of enjoying nudism. If they’re more open today to sexual openness, why aren’t they more physically open? I don’t know, maybe that’s one of society’s dichotomies.

Randy

Stars Upon Thars

Posted - 08/24/2008 :  9:27:57 PM  Show Profile  Send Stars Upon Thars an AOL message  Reply with Quote
Oh, yes, and don't misunderstand me. I wasn't making the comment of celibacy in order to insinuate anything about the sexual or non-sexual nature of nudism. I merely meant that it's not in my blood to wait until late in life for marriage. I believe in saving sex for marriage so that's where that comes into play. I guess what I'm saying is that if I were to find that nudism were hindering my prospects in so significant a way as to prevent me from finding a bride within a reasonable period, I would have to re-consider its importance.

There are some things that I would hold onto. For instance, I am a songwriter and if I had the opportunity to go on tour and make music for a living, well that's my dream and if I had to stay single to do it than so be it. That probably won't ever happen, but it's one of the only lifestyle choices I can see making that would out-class romantic love in importance.

I'm not giving up yet (heck, I've only really started) but I want to be realistic from the get-go.

"What if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today." - Phil Connors, Groundhog Day

emwavehunter
$ Supporter

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  7:33:18 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I practice the lifestyle when I can because I enjoy it. My wife doesn't participate yet (I'm encouraging her in a subtle way). She's far more important to me than a desire to enjoy this lifestyle as a couple, so I live with the limitations she imposes. I don't like it, but I live with it.

Relationships are a compromise sometimes. Only you can weigh the benefit of a relationship versus your lifestyle. I entirely gave up being a private pilot for my wife. Before we met, I was extremely passionate about flying. It's possible for me to do without being nude with her or flying with friends. Imagining life without my wife is totally impossible. Yes, she's THAT important to me. For her, I do make sacrifices. No regrets. I'd much rather be married to my textile wife than be a single, Naturist pilot (how's that for an image???).

Good luck with your situation. I wish you the best!

nudeisbetter
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  04:49:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I could never understand how that works. Yes, my wife is the most important person in the world to me. And I am to her and she wants me to be happy - she would never force me to give up my passions for her.

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: How do you rev up your nudist social life? Topic Next Topic: Nudist resorts for singles  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.15 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved