Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 215 ]  [ Total: 215 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism Places: Guides and Resources
 Your Favorite Naturist Website
 Found a new site --> www.truenudists.com
Previous Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: New Naturist Blog Topic Next Topic: skinbook
Page: of 2

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  12:41:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I totally agree FP. Started out OK but then just became bickering between those that said some pictures were inappropriate and those that thought they should be free to post whatever they wanted regardless of the rules for posting pictures that determined what was appropriate and what was not. Then you had the bickering between members and moderators in the chat rooms along the same lines. It got to where I was hesitant about posting any kind of comment on any kind of subject as someone was going to take offense. That is going to happen from time to time, but on that site it was a daily occurrence. I got tired of it and left. I have not been back since.

Nudony
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  2:42:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Not to mention the political fringes spewing hateful rhetoric throughout the forum. I already dislike political sections in nudist forums (there are plenty of forums for that); but TN takes it that extra step forward by allowing its members unmoderated hatred.

And that just isn't cool.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  5:45:32 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
TN is about like Skinbook was, it started out great then went down hill when admin couldn't keep up with the volume that the site grew to.

I met some great nudist friends on Skinbook and Truenudists is no different. We met a great local nudist couple on TN that we get together with from time to time. You always have to wade through a lot of crap on these sites but it makes it worth it when you find a true friend.

Diger

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/20/2013 :  9:11:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
One of the difficulties in Moderating forums is the differences of opinion between Head Mods, Lower Level Mods, Admin and or Owners of the site. I've noticed that if the to High Level Mods and Admin have the same "political" leanings toward one side or the other ... those are able to spew the hateful rhetoric and those in opposition are edited and deleted or given infractions or banned.

As a Lower Level Mod, it becomes almost impossible to Moderate when those above you continue to tie your hands on who to moderate and who not too. Even when given clear cut examples ... they will come up with some off the wall reason it's okay for their side but not the other.

I despise "political threads" on nudist forums. They are civil for about a page ... strike that ... 1/2 a page and then it starts going south with someone using a political party in a demeaning or derogatory way. When it's run it's course ... Mods try and close it but then people complain and Admin opens it back up. Then you have 8 of them that are ALL discussing the same issues on each of the threads, regardless of what the topic is ...

TN forums were NOT moderated to the best of my knowledge, until just recently. NOW ... you have to "flag" a post and then it's reviewed by a Mod but ... Mods don't cruise the boards and find this stuff to delete or edit before it gets outta hand.

Sometimes ... ya just wanna close out your accounts and do something else ... but there is something about these dang forums that just keep ya coming back! LOL

Loves being naked. Plays well with others!

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/30/2013 :  9:48:55 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
I know buddy we can always draw you back in. hehe

Diger

McNigel
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  09:35:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I admin a fair size music forum (2000 unique visitors and 300 posts a day), which has been going for over 10 years, with no flames wars.

That's because there is a total ban on discussing politics, religion and current affairs. Also personal comments are not allowed.
Members must include their real first name in their user name and if they have an avatar it must be a recognisable image of themselves.

Yes it's strict and the 'free speechers' do go off in a huff sometimes, but they always come back, because it's friendly and we often meet up at concerts etc. (There have been several marriages between members)

Oddly only six members have ever been banned.

The moderators were chosen to be as diverse group as possible.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/31/2013 :  6:59:03 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
One thing I like about Truenudists is you can search for members by zipcode. When you sign up you have to put in your zipcode, it's not published but can be used to search for members. All you have to do in the seach page is enter any zipcode then choose 10 miles, 50 miles, 100 miles etc. It will list members in that distance range. You also can filter by Age, Gender or Couple.

The search engine on the site is very good. That's how I found some local nudist near us.

Diger

Edited by - Diger on 01/31/2013 8:29:48 PM

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: New Naturist Blog Topic Next Topic: skinbook  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.85 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved