Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 282 ]  [ Total: 282 ]  [ Newest Member: RogueLizzy ]
 All Forums
 General Discussion - Everything Else
 General discussion. Post anything off-topic here.
 Do you have to be a conservationist to be nudist?
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: bodybuilding Topic Next Topic: Avatars?  

nickdragon385

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  6:12:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Do you have to be a conservationist to be nudist? I have seen most people on this site calling nudists conservationists and it is driving me crazy! I am not a conservationist, so does that mean I can't be a nudist? Please post your response below.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  6:45:08 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I think you mean CONSERVATIVE rather than conservationist. I am a conservative nudist, g-rated, family-friendly, vanilla nudist.

Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

Phydeau
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  7:55:08 PM  Show Profile  Visit Phydeau's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I think you might have meant conservative, as well, but in case you didn't, being a nudist will sort-of MAKE you a conservationist. You'll consume less. Less clothing, water to wash those clothes, less air-conditioning, etc. (and you could argue that the health benefits will help you to consume less in pharmaceuticals, driving to the therapists, etc.).

If you actually meant politically conservative, heck no. Although socially, it's like what Cheri said. Family-friendly, G-rated is what nudists want in public.

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 07/29/2008 :  11:25:58 PM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Right. And as a sidebar, don't be confused either by the similar terms "Nudist" & "Naturist." (I don't think naturist is a term often used anymore though.) They're the same thing and "Naturist" is not to be confused with "Naturalist." Naturists are nude, naturalists are like outdoorsy nature types, like Steve Irwin, the Crocodile Hunter.

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 09/17/2008 12:09:28 PM

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  12:28:24 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nudeisntlewd

Right. And as a sidebar, don't be confused either by the similar terms "Nudist" & "Naturist." (I don't think naturist is a term often used anymore though.)
snip

I bet some folks from The Naturist Society would dispute that

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

nudeisntlewd
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  12:53:34 AM  Show Profile  Send nudeisntlewd a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Good point! I stand corrected, sir.

(I just don't seem to hear it used in conversation around here that much anymore.)

Randy

Edited by - nudeisntlewd on 09/17/2008 12:10:01 PM

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  05:54:14 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
In the UK and Europe generally, we are called Naturists and it is the word Nudist that is very rarely used.

I wonder whether, Nickdragon, it is that nudists/naturists tend to be concerned about nature and the environment that the word conservationist is used in our context.

cenfldh
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  09:49:15 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Surely the poster can't mean "conservative." Like Cheri, my wife and I are definitely conservative nudists. But it's pretty clear, and quickly so, that there are many who are not.

Interestingly, we spent all day Monday at Cypress Cove. Walking through the neighborhood, we saw one unit with much anti-Bush, anti-Republican signage. We also saw two homes with Republican candidate campaign signs in their yards. We had to smile at the diversity within the nude recreation family.

Assuming "conservationist" was actually meant, at the west pool I overhead a conversation where a resident woman was talking about how she never turns her A/C off, even when she leaves the windows and doors open and regularly has an electric bill of $450. Being pretty green-oriented ourselves, I was chagrined. So, it's pretty clear we're also not all conservationalists. We run the whole spectrum.

Cheri
Forum Member

Posted - 07/30/2008 :  5:39:33 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
They are similar terms, hippie. Even some of the employed TNS staff use the word nudism. I'm part of their NOVA program (for marketing and pr) and use the word interchangeably depending with whom I'm speaking.
Cheri

Doing what I can to positively promote nudism
-
http://pages.prodigy/cheridonna

old hippie
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  01:20:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cheri

They are similar terms, hippie. Even some of the employed TNS staff use the word nudism. <snip>

Oh, I'm sure the folk at TNS would no more be upset than would William Safire (author on the correct use of the English language). I was really just yanking Randy's chain about the word being in use.

Dum vivimus, vivamus!

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  12:33:24 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Hmmmm, (tapping fingers on the table, staring at the wall), maybe NickDragon might have meant "conversationalist."

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  12:41:19 PM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
I'm a moderate conservative, at least within the spectrum of American politics, and also a moderate conservationist. What I don't like is ther terrible misuse and warping of the global warming question to advance a radical agenda in which the government wants to control everything.

We know that global warming is happening, and we can see that Mars' icecaps have also greatly shrunk since 1950 along with Earth's. Somehow, I do not think that that is due to human-produced greenhouse gasses.

At the rate it is proceeding, soon we will have a planet that is as warm as it was in the "Early Medieval Warming" of a thousand years ago. It is a shame that we do not have any reliable records of the polar icecaps of that time and of how much they melted then.

Stars Upon Thars

Posted - 08/26/2008 :  7:08:21 PM  Show Profile  Send Stars Upon Thars an AOL message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure all you need to be a nudist is a lack of clothing.

"What if there is no tomorrow? There wasn't one today." - Phil Connors, Groundhog Day

CMx2
Forum Member

Posted - 08/27/2008 :  02:49:06 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stars Upon Thars

I'm pretty sure all you need to be a nudist is a lack of clothing.

*DING*
*DING*
*DING*

WE HAVE A WINNER!!!!

Previous Topic: bodybuilding Topic Next Topic: Avatars?  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved