Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 456 ]  [ Total: 456 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Announcements
 Web Site Statement of Policies
 Absolutely NO resort bashing - you'll be banned
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: Size of photos included in member posts Topic Next Topic: Our Posting Rules - ignore and be deleted!
Page: of 4

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 09/27/2008 :  09:41:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Absolutely NO resort bashing

Anyone who has posted an example of resort bashing will be banned from this forum for an initial period of 30 days or more.

An example of resort bashing would include where a member asks about a particular resort destination, and you tell them to forget that one, how about this other one? That is resort bashing. If you have something helpful to say about the resort asked about, and you've been there personally, please add your comments. If you'd rather push other destinations, hold your tongue, and DO NOT hijack the topic.

If you have nothing specific and fair to say in criticism, do not participate. If you do criticize a resort, you must do it fairly and accurately, with an intent to help those that need this information. Any references to a 'cesspool', or a resort being 'less than g-rated' without specifics will be considered resort bashing and the perpetrator will be banned from this forum for a minimum of 30 days. Any posts that fall under this category will be removed.

There is a fine line between resort bashing and fair criticism. We promise to eliminate the political bashing and provide only fair and objective viewpoints offered by our members.

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 09/27/2008 :  5:24:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've seen this type of reaction before from a owner/administrator or a website and I find it very hard to understand or swallow.

Owner/Administrators believe they can talk out of both sides of their mouths and say what they want and do what they want and then chastise others for their OPINIONS.

You're entitled to YOUR opinion as long as it is in line with MINE! This type of censorship goes against the principles of free speech and the ability to voice ones opinions on any subject.

There is no doubt that NRO has taken a direction in defending the - - Resort at all cost. It's bad enough that a resort that used naturism as the foundation to build has not only turned it's back on naturism but the organization that created that very foundation for what so many of us stand by.....EXCEPT - -.

I've been there. I've complained. I WAS IGNORED......because the very group they are catering to was spending MORE money than I was. If that's the direction NRO is going.....ban me as well.

I'm very disappointed in Admins reaction to someone who has lived and followed naturism philosophy to the letter, preached it and been instrumental in it's progress to help new naturist understand it.....has been banned for voicing her opinion.

Save your fingers and time............

I'm Gone!

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 09/28/2008 :  08:17:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
admin,

Your censorship is distasteful. Criticism appropriately phrased should be welcome. Comparing cost and facilities when done honestly and not heresay should be encouraged.

Best Wishes, Jim

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 09/28/2008 :  10:29:07 PM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"We promise to eliminate the political bashing and provide only fair and objective viewpoints offered by our members."

Misuse of the word 'provide.' You mean 'allow.' 'Objective' and 'viewpoints' are a form of synonyms.

Sieg Heil!!!

Best Wishes, Jim

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 09/30/2008 :  1:27:01 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the risk of being banned from this site, this sounds like censorship to me. What you may consider as resort bashing may in my mind be advice to forum members as good advice.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  3:08:39 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Tuffers, I agree. Where we draw the line as an organization is something that needs clarification, and perhaps some misconceptions corrected.

Years ago, when we started this forum, long before our first moderator got involved, we had to think long and hard about which parts of the nudist industry SUN would be willing to support.

Picture an alphabet, with letter A representing the perfectly pure nudist. This person remains void of any adult thought or intention whenever nude in a social setting, whether children are present or not. This person isn't even aware of sexuality in this context; they are entirely pure and innocent. They are perhaps a bit naive to normal adult behavior, both nude and textile.

Letter Z represents the pure hedonist, whose goal is always a sexual one in every context. This person visits a resort specifically to have sex in inappropriate situations.

The problem is, when you get into letters B and C, the person acquires an increasing focus on sexual matters. This 'almost pure' nudist spends a lot of time pointing their fingers at the rest of the unclean alphabet. They are fixated on it, and often become militantly aggressive towards the other types, spending much energy to eliminate them from their environment.

Letters D and E might represent those that profess to pure nudism, but in some discoverable way show themselves to be hypocrites. Their sexual focus becomes indiscriminately apparent. They might be associated with a sleazy website, or have a swinger reputation, while holding office in a conservative style nudist organization. They sit on the sexual fence, and are not honest about it.

Most of the people we've met are not within these letters A thru E.

Toward the middle of the alphabet are people that prefer a choice of adult options, provided the family friendliness is not compromised. They have children and grandchildren that visit the pool during the day. They see the logic of offering lingerie dances at night for the adults only, where the kids are not allowed. They also insist that no actual sex occurs in their environment, day or night, while allowing nighttime adult innuendo, themes and dress style.

People or businesses that actively or passively encourage open sex acts reside in the last part of the alphabet, W X Y and Z. We do not support those at this end of the alphabet. We may allow some limited discussion in order to warn others of deception.

Where does AANR lend its support? A thru E.

AANR cannot apparently even acknowledge the existence of an adult element to nudism. They seem to declare that only the first five letters are legitimate. This is their choice, and the choice of those that choose to align only with AANR.

There is hypocrisy here, because many of the resorts under the AANR umbrella quietly offer the same lingerie dances, with the same rules, as the resorts declared unclean.

We, the Society for Understanding Nudism, have chosen to support more of the alphabet. We will support any resort or destination that provides a satisfactory nude experience for a non-swinger guest. If swingers are present, they will always observe the no open sex rule.

Some of these destinations will have more of an adult atmosphere at times than others, and some will be family-friendly around the clock. However, if they are in our catalog they will have an actively enforced no open sex rule at all times.

The problem we had with our first moderator was that though she agreed to support our section of the alphabet, in reality she was aggressively censoring and discouraging those that weren't between A and E.

We are not AANR, we are SUN. We support more of the nude resort industry where actual sex acts are always prohibited. We believe this is what the majority of new members demand. People want more choices between entirely family-friendly and adult-friendly destinations.

To get back on topic, resort bashing would relate to those that feel non-AANR approved resorts, those between F and V, are the enemy, have no right to exist, and that no one should visit them. Anyone feeling this way would probably not belong here at NRO, because they will be tempted to bash these resorts for purely political reasons.

As you can tell from my writings, it has always been our intention to support this wider industry. We see no reason to abandon our principles.

Our apologies for the inconvenience, but this section of the forum respecting Policies has always been set to moderate every post. This is to ensure that no confusion entails from member comments. On-topic questions are always welcome.

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  5:24:09 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems that your last post is bashing AANR???

Melissa

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  6:51:37 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
What part of what I posted is not specific and helpful? I needed to explain clearly the difference between SUN and AANR, so members can understand why we are not to be confused with that organization. What part did you consider bashing?

Bashing would sound more like, "AANR sucks, I'd never join AANR." I didn't say that, I explained the reasons AANR has failed the majority of the nudist community. It's specific enough so you can have the luxury of disagreeing with me, and engaging in dialogue, which is not permitted by those that bash.

Bashing in this context would be defined as a method of attack with non-specific smears. It should be differentiated from specific and fair criticism from those that have first hand experience.

You may find this helpful to determine what is bashing and what is not:

melissastarr
Forum Member

Posted - 10/01/2008 :  9:17:46 PM  Show Profile  Visit melissastarr's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Admin

Absolutely NO resort bashing

An example of resort bashing would include where a member asks about a particular resort destination, and you tell them to forget that one, how about this other one? That is resort bashing.

This is the definition you gave earlier of bashing: someeone asks about a particular resort or resorts and you recommend a different on. The post in question, from what I remember, gave a third alternative to the ones being considered as it was one that she had positive experiences with and that she'd recommend as it is near the two mentioned. By your definition, that doesn't seem to be bashing as harsh, accusatory, or expressing criticism. Where is that in the post in question???? It didn't seem harsh, didn't accuse anyone of anything, and accused nothing.... it just offered another alternative to consider in the location in question. Personally, if I were going to a destination and was considering some resorts, I would welcome someone's advicd to look into another- perhaps unknown to me- resort in the area. I would consider that helpful.

Maybe I'm confused. No, I stand corrected: I'm DEFINITELY confuse.

Melissa

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  09:43:10 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The post you mentioned was only one of a long line of comments from this person pressing the point that certain resorts, in particular the ones specifically asked about, were not worth visiting. The other person asked specifically about the two large resorts in Tampa, and the politically motivated answer was to forget Tampa and go to Orlando instead.

Such posts will be deleted at the discretion of the administrators. We will not keep them around and debate over them.

No member has a right to decide for all others whether a certain destination is right for them. Suggesting another resort is okay, as long as you are not in the same action blacklisting your favorite political targets as not even worth a look. She said forget those, go to another city.

Also, keep in mind, an example is not a definition. You are twisting my words a bit. Read again if you are confused about which is which.

Again-- just keep on topic, and if you must criticize a resort or destination, limit your comments to those you would be willing to defend in court. Make sure your criticism is detailed, balanced and fair. Avoid at all times non-specific smears and politically motivated bashing. Make statements about a resort only if you have first hand experience to share.

FlCpl4NewdFun
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  6:20:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FireProf

There is no doubt that NRO has taken a direction in defending the - - Resort at all cost. It's bad enough that a resort that used naturism as the foundation to build has not only turned it's back on naturism but the organization that created that very foundation for what so many of us stand by.....EXCEPT - -.

You're kidding right? This forum is literally drowning in posts critical of - -. In fact, correct me if I'm wrong but your post bashes both Admin and - - and it was not censored.

It's funny how people processing the same information interpret it so differently. I actually feel the censorship is going the other way. When a post is critical of a traditional resort it is often censored.

In any event, unwad those undergarments of yours and relax. It would be a shame if you decided to stop contributing to this forum over this.

Cheers!

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 10/02/2008 :  11:41:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"No member has a right to decide for all others whether a certain destination is right for them."

This is sick and a lie. No one has taken away the right of self determination. Adults make their decisions, good or bad. I can recommend, you can reject given you have the mental facility to do so.

"limit your comments to those you would be willing to defend in court"

This is a threat. Stick in your ear.

Best Wishes, Jim

Tuffers
Forum Member

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  09:33:20 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the beginning of 2007 I started a thread Holdays in Florida and being Brit I was not aware of the quality or atmosphere of particular resorts anywhere in the USA. I had looked through brochures, and - - at first glance was a very upmarket quality resort that would have appealed to me and Mrs Tuffers. However, not just the very genuine lady, Cheri who has been banned but the overwelming opinion was not to go to - - but to Cypress Cove, bearing in mind I wanted a restful nudist holiday without hassle. Each could have been seen as " resort bashing" but their opinions were very welcome to me so I didn't end up having a bad holiday.

I hope that Cheri will be allowed back sooner rather than later for she and people like her have so much to offer nudism both in the USA and worldwide.

I appreciate that resports like - - advertise on this site and why not but each has the right in a truly open forum to criticise any resort if experiences have ound that resport lacking.

Mike

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  10:42:19 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
AANR is a good organization, and we stand behind AANR. Although SUN and AANR have different philosophies, it doesn't mean we have to be enemies.

However, some that maintain a cult mentality need to decide if you want to remain in this forum, with the privilege of posting to 5 million visitors a year.

Please keep in mind that AANR's misguided battles will not be fought on this ground. We are building something better.

Tuffers and FlCpl4NewdFun, thank you for your comments.

Sometimes these controversial threads help to illuminate those who are the real troublemakers.

We have no desire to create a worldwide forum that attacks resorts, or interferes with business that would be coming to them.

We'll be happy to answer in this thread any questions clarifying what constitutes resort bashing. Other questions about policy can be posted under "Ask the hard questions for Admin".

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  6:33:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
AANR is a good organization, and we stand behind AANR. Although SUN and AANR have different philosophies, it doesn't mean we have to be enemies.

I,m glad, Resorts can do operate very well, independantly of National organizations, as one might say to each their own and all the best. That blame game was hurting both parties and maybe the dust hasn't yet settled, hopefully soon. Resorts donot defend themselves here, i agree, someone said if you can't say something good about something it might be better not said. What we enjoy is ours and all may not agree and thats the freedom we enjoy naturally.

go n nude

jim19452
Forum Member

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  8:54:57 PM  Show Profile  Visit jim19452's Homepage  Reply with Quote
[quote]Originally posted by Admin

"However, some that maintain a cult mentality need to decide if you want to remain in this forum, with the privilege of posting to 5 million visitors a year."

"Cult mentality." Yours or mine?

"We are building something better."

Your wealth?

"Sometimes these controversial threads help to illuminate those who are the real troublemakers."

Yes, you and your fellow cowards.

"We have no desire to create a worldwide forum that attacks resorts, or interferes with business that would be coming to them."

Wow, you are a sick. Everyone has the right to disagree. Sieg Heil! Sieg Heil!

Best Wishes, Jim

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: Size of photos included in member posts Topic Next Topic: Our Posting Rules - ignore and be deleted!  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.43 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved