Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 456 ]  [ Total: 456 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Site News
 Comments about website, bug reports, etc.
 Ask the hard questions for Admin
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Website was down
Page: of 4

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 10/03/2008 :  2:20:10 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Complex questions about site policy are welcome here.

inudist
Forum Member

Posted - 10/04/2008 :  9:15:40 PM  Show Profile  Visit inudist's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Based on recent posts by admin I have two questions.

Where does the money come from to keep this site up and running?

Admin, what personal financial interest do you have in any club?

inudist

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 10/05/2008 :  08:44:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by inudist

Where does the money come from to keep this site up and running?

My wife and I have been in nudism for many years, and we decided something is lacking. We dedicated this site to promote understanding of what nudism is about. So we have created an organization called SUN, which we'll be officially opening for membership when the time is right.

Aside from the donations of monetary support from our members, this site is maintained through volunteer work by ourselves and others. My personal specialties include web design, search engine marketing and social networking, and I have donated thousands of hours of work to this project without compensation. Because of this, up to this time we have very little need to pay webmasters, office expenses or marketing people. Our technical services and server hosting is provided by one of the most powerful Internet service providers in the Southeastern US. Those technical services that aren't covered by member donations are made up for by my wife and I personally, and through the simple banner advertising throughout the site.

It's not money, but rather personal dedication that has kept this site up and running since 2002.

quote:
Originally posted by inudist

Admin, what personal financial interest do you have in any club?

The success of our organization depends on the health of the nude recreation industry as a whole. Our intent is to serve as a complete source of information and vacation discounts to the public, with appropriate fees for this service.

My wife and I have traveled to various nudist destinations, however we can't be all places at all times, and we can only do so much. We encourage other members of our forum, if they live in or if they are members of a nudist resort, to send in information and photos.

Our earlier presentation of a resort in Florida is partly a showcase of the services we have planned for a large variety of nudist resorts, whether traditional family resorts or more adult oriented destinations that fall within our guidelines.

We are always looking for good volunteers who are true to the cause. We are also interested to hear from those that can help us develop relationships with clubs and resorts across the country, and worldwide.

From time to time we'll have advertising packages in place for various resorts.

docfreeman47
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  5:39:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Admin

Not a computer person although I use one all the time. After reading all the notes from bugs to how to questions. Here is my novice one. where can I learn the ins and outs of working in the forum.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 01/08/2010 :  6:15:55 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
What kind of volunteers are needed?

Bill in Cincinnati

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  01:47:45 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by docfreeman47

Admin

Not a computer person although I use one all the time. After reading all the notes from bugs to how to questions. Here is my novice one. where can I learn the ins and outs of working in the forum.

We don't have a detailed instruction page. There is some information at "How to get started with this website". Also, the "Website Statement of Policies" may help.

For the rest, unfortunately you'll find it scattered around the website, wherever a question came up.

We have two pages of posting rules linked at the very bottom of each forum page, namely here and here, that may answer your questions.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  02:14:30 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BareBill

What kind of volunteers are needed?

Bill in Cincinnati

Thanks for asking, Bill.

In particular, we need good liaisons that can assist communication between our management and the management of your favorite nudist resorts. We need people on the ground that can serve as our representatives, to make the resort owners aware of advertising opportunities, and provide us with information about events and specials the forum members would want to know about.

We're here to help the nudism industry develop and thrive, but manpower is short, since we are entirely voluntary up to this point. This means no one, including myself, has benefited monetarily from this project since it launched in 2002.

We'd like to develop our advertising base, and use some of the revenue to pay our most skilled and productive volunteers, whether they work as liaisons, marketers, writers, photographers, administration, graphic artists or video production.

We have provided a list of our accomplishments that may help you to convince your local resort owner to consider advertising with SUN.

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  2:10:17 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Despite the fact that this doesn't seem like something I would be very good at, perhaps I can help. PM or e-mail me with more specifics.

Bill in Cincinnati

mariarose
Forum Member

Posted - 01/09/2010 :  4:42:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Number 1. I ditto docfreeman47's request

Number 2. I sent you a picture and asked you to put it on my profile and make it my avatar if you could. I have no profile picture, and no reply from you telling me that there was a problem. What happened to my picture request, and why can we not just upload a profile picture ourselves?

I guess Number 2 should have also been Number 3 because it was 2 questions.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  12:53:49 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
mariarose, I have your photo, and it's a charming one, with you on horseback. Oh, wait, looking at it now, that's not a horse. That will increase the suspense for everybody.

I apologize for letting you wait without a response. Photo requests I usually let pile up a bit before doing them, but this time it's been a bit long, due to my work schedule.

It will make a fine profile photo, and I can make your avatar from it, unless you have another for that.

I have never assembled a great depository of forum FAQs, they are currently scattered around the forum, wherever they were needed.

The avatar upload function is not working since we upgraded to a faster server technology in 2008, when the forum was coughing and wheezing under a growing strain of visitors. This forum software was never meant for SQL servers, and since we didn't create the software, several bugs developed that we haven't been able to track down. The workaround is to send your photos and avatars to us and have lots and lots of patience. Since I maintain the forum without compensation, usually I only have time to check for spammers, reply to a couple of threads, deal with emergencies and get back to my regular job marketing several businesses.

Thanks for waiting this long. I'll see what I can do.

mariarose
Forum Member

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  07:30:52 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Ok, Now I have all the patience in the world, now that I know there is nothing wrong with the photgraph. I do not have another forthe avatar. Thanks. By the way, I think you do a stupendous job. I love coming here.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 01/10/2010 :  8:21:13 PM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Maria.

Aside from the maintenance tasks, I do enjoy coming here as well. It's a great community.

mariarose
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  07:58:02 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It looks GREAT!!!!!

balataf
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  11:51:57 AM  Show Profile  Visit balataf's Homepage  Reply with Quote
"Ask the hard questions for Admin"

If I didn't know better, I'd say that sounds like it might be another "erection" thread.

Diger
Forum Member

Posted - 01/11/2010 :  5:45:17 PM  Show Profile  Send Diger a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Admin,
Did you know people can add their own Avatars to this site a friend and I found a way to do it when she got tired of waiting for you.

All you have to do is host a photo on Flickr or other site first. Then go to the avatar page on this site and select one of the cartoon avatar, this will cause a white box to appear on your prifile page with the address of the cartoon avatar. Just replace the address of the cartoon avatar with the address of your photo on Flickr. Then you have your Avatar.

Diger

McNigel
Forum Member

Posted - 06/28/2011 :  6:02:35 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Is this forum dead?
I posted a new topic ten days ago about a UK news item. It's waiting for moderation.
Then question in this section. Which is still in limbo.
So I messaged the Admin. No reply.

Page: of 4 Topic Next Topic: Website was down  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.45 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved