Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 165 ]  [ Total: 165 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Site News
 Comments about website, bug reports, etc.
 Ask the hard questions for Admin
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Topic Next Topic: Website was down
Page: of 4

Bill Bowser
Forum Member

Posted - 06/28/2011 :  6:27:21 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Admin seems to be a somewhat infrequent visitor to the site. Based on the frequency with which he responds to my personal messages he seems to show up about once or twice a week.

Bill Bowser - Cincinnati

Nudists are everywhere, but they're hard to identify with their clothes on.

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 06/29/2011 :  09:02:05 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Guess what, folks. Admin has a life. He is not a retiree, nor one of the idle rich, with limitless free time. When I had the chance to visit him and his wife last summer, he described his vision of NRO as being pretty close to self-sustaining, meaning that it did not require his attention 24/7/365. In that sense, Bill Bowser is right - Admin is not constantly online monitoring the site. He worked hard setting up the infrastructure and establishing the ground rules for NRO, but I think he would agree that the site should be more about the participants than about Admin. If you think 3 or 4 days is too long to wait for a response to your PMs, consider that there are over 20,000 members on this site ... and one Admin.

McNigel
Forum Member

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  07:41:57 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NaturistDoc

Guess what, folks. Admin has a life. He is not a retiree, nor one of the idle rich, with limitless free time.

That's as maybe, but he did set up the forum, so there is a certain responsibility.
I don't think an admin or moderator has been here for a month.

This was a great forum, because it treated the topic maturely and wasn't promoting any particular agenda.
Now it's down to a few posts per day and most of those are off topic. Shame.

And of the 20,000 members how many are still active? 20?

NaturistDoc
Forum Member

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  12:08:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
"A certain responsibility" to do what, precisely? I seriously doubt that Kevin ignores the forum for a month at a time.

I agree with McNigel that the number of active participants is a very small percentage of the membership. I wrote a gripe a couple of months back that the Nudist/Naturist posts are often outnumbered by the political rants. I think many online forums end up stagnating to some degree or another, and that may be happening here. Still ... it's hardly fair to blame Admin for people NOT posting. It's up to the members to provide content.

As for the low participation rate, I can think of a few reasons. The first one is rather obvious: a huge fraction of the 'members' signed up hoping for some sort of titillation or maybe a hookup, and wandered off when it wasn't forthcoming. (Is there a way to delete members who haven't logged on in, say, a year?) These folks likely weren't nudists/naturists in the first place.

Second, there just isn't that much new in the nudist world. When is the last time a new resort opened up? ("N" Resort in Jamaica is an exception, and we're all waiting for a Trip Report.) Several have gone textile or swinger, or closed entirely. And let's face it, how much more remains to be said on the topics of Pubic Shaving, Genital Piercings, or How To Talk Her Into It?

Third, the Great Nudist v. Swinger Debate, and Admin's decision not to promote swinger-friendly resorts may have alienated some people.

And last, nudism overall may be in a state of decline due to an aging demographic and especially a lousy economy. It's hard to justify a trip to Club Orient when you're unemployed and your house in in foreclosure.

NRO's continued existence depends less on Admin's efforts than on the active participation of the members. Give Admin something to do!

FlCpl4NewdFun
Forum Member

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  3:23:11 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I got roped into making a few posts on the political topics a while back (well it was my own choice, but against my better judgement). I have really made an effort to not allow myself to jump into those topics because what's the point? It's tough because I'm passionate about political and socioeconomic issues.

But in the future I'll save those discussions for time with friends and a good bottle of Cab! Thus, that is why my posts have been few and far between lately. Also I haven't been to a resort lately, but have a trip planned in September, so be on the lookout for a future review.

I bet if admin removes the ban on topics related to the Tampa area resort ******* then activity would come roaring back. However, I do understand why he chooses not allow promotion of said resort on this forum.

Happy 4th! & God Bless America!

Cheers!

McNigel
Forum Member

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  4:22:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by NaturistDoc

"A certain responsibility" to do what, precisely?

NRO's continued existence depends less on Admin's efforts than on the active participation of the members. Give Admin something to do!

Responsibility.
If you start a forum you build a community. You are then responsible.

I do try. I posted an news item about a mass 'Skinny Dip' in Wales, three weeks ago. It's still waiting for moderation. It was interesting because it was promoted by the National Trust.

nude charles
Forum Member

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  7:54:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
NaturistDoc offers a very cogent response. How often can we discuss the same subject? And how much new nude news is there? I keep asking myself where is nudism going to be in the future? And how do we promote healthy nudism as socially acceptable as in Germany, Spain, Croatia, etc? I agree with Doc; I don't visit this very often because of these issues. And one other thing; I think other sites promote more nudist pictures, which basically promote nudism. IMHO, this site has never pushed its picture gallery, and hence has lost impetus. And as the saying goes; if you're standing still, you are going backward. Love thoughtful responses.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  10:47:53 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
There are so many facets to nudism, and each of us has something go share. I need to break out of my shell here and partipate more. (just kidding!)

Still, the Admin is something like the mayor here, but it's all of "town citizens" and the "mayor" together who make this forum. No one person can do it all. The Admin can only do so much, just like the owner of a store cannot force something on people.

We can each tell other nudists about this forum and have a richer content. I love to hear about other people's experiences, as they are educational, often fun or funny, and sometimes very serious.

I've gotten a lot out of this forum, and hopefully put a little back into it.

"How far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without?"
Dwight D. Eisenhower

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 07/04/2011 :  11:29:04 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
That is odd, because my posts get through right away. I just type the post, and click on "Post New Reply." Now, were you talking about creating a new post? If so, there may be a similar thread already covering your topic. I have been guilty of that, myself -creating a new thread when one already covered my new topic.

"How far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without?"
Dwight D. Eisenhower

FireProf
Forum Member

Posted - 07/05/2011 :  10:21:55 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I can tell you from experience...and moderating several other naturist sites, that this is one of the few sites that rarely needs constant Moderating or Administrating.

Spam occasionally occurs but Kevin has been here enough to address those. There has been a few people that send PM's of a sexual nature to members and Kevin's taken care of them quick enough.

I'm retired and I have the time to visit these boards more often than some but I too get tired of the same topics, the same rhetoric and the same political discussions, the lack of participation...that sometimes I just need to take a break from the boards and the computer and I'm sure Kevin feels that this board is self governing, to an extent, and we police ourselves enough that his presence isn't needed everyday.

allnaturalwife
Forum Member

Posted - 07/06/2011 :  9:21:52 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree as well. I myself am down to (semi retired) working at the hospital only 2 days a week...Enjoying my time at home..being a new grandma:) I have the time to look at this forum every day. Being a life time nudist raising three lifetime nudist children, I would consider myself a fairly good authority on most nudist related issues.

No, there isn't "new nudist" news every day so admin doesn't need to post every day. There are new threads designed to steer conversation in "certain directions" but the majority of the regulars on this site pretty much keep all the threads on the right track.

I think for the most part these are one of the most legit nudist forums out there. Due to mature "real nudists" who make up the majority here:)

Jenn

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  01:35:40 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
Jenn, I really appreciate that from you, since you had left for some of those reasons, and then came back, if I remember correctly.

An interesting factor Doc had mentioned is that once everything important and not time sensitive has been said, our experience here is more one of guiding newcomers to the material they need.

I've always felt the NRO forum's greatest gift to man's knowledge was our combined testimonial to this lifestyle. This honest, detailed and cross-sectional testimonial will probably endure for a long, long time. Perhaps parts of it would be archived by some service, and made historically available. There could be someone reading these words right now, who is sitting in his home 200 years in the future. [Howdy dude.] And there's someone in present time just discovering NRO.

Everything that's been written here in support of nudism is always available to everyone. Nothing is 'archived' away.

After all, how many original discussions can you really have about unwanted erections? Hopefully, most of what can be said about that has already been said. So there are less discussions naturally.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  01:43:35 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Diger

Admin,
Did you know people can add their own Avatars to this site a friend and I found a way to do it when she got tired of waiting for you.

All you have to do is host a photo on Flickr or other site first.
Diger

Yes, that's possible. Sometimes when you see a broken link for an avatar, it was on Flickr and got moved. Encouraging new members to add externally hosted avatars creates a situation where avatars can change unexpectedly and without notice. It's the few that abuse this that ruin it for everyone. Still, it's possible.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  01:57:24 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FlCpl4NewdFun

I bet if admin removes the ban on topics related to the Tampa area resort ******* then activity would come roaring back. However, I do understand why he chooses not allow promotion of said resort on this forum.

To be fair, it's not just the one resort. Our policy is that any destination advertising on its website a status of "lifestyle friendly" will be removed from these pages. We have found this to be code for, "Security will not interfere with adult activities in the common areas, wink wink." Several resorts in Florida, and a few in other states were affected. We feel it's a sensible place to draw the line, to avoid providing free advertising for an industry contrary and detrimental to nudism.

Admin
Forum Admin

Posted - 07/18/2011 :  02:03:47 AM  Show Profile  Visit Admin's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Warmskin

That is odd, because my posts get through right away.

Warmskin, Nigel had posted something in one of the threads that normally attract a lot of spam. Those areas are set to require moderation for new topics.

Nigel had posted there, and I was away for some time. Hence the long delay.

I am somewhat guilty of relying on members to alert me of any emergencies, which I deal with pretty quick. Requests by email, and pending posts are handled separately, when time allows. I'm going to peek in on the forum more often.

Guys and ladies, I appreciate all of your input, especially within this thread.

Page: of 4 Topic Next Topic: Website was down  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.39 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved