Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 147 ]  [ Total: 147 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Health and Safety
 Preventing sunburn and sun damage
 Too cold or sunburnt
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: sunburn Topic
Page: of 2

that_guy

Posted - 10/14/2008 :  10:11:12 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hi i'm newish to nudism and well we are just coming out of winter so that could be part of the problem well its not exactly a problem but anyway.

I like being nude and all but I just find I get too cold. Or if i go out into the sun to try and warm up I get burnt (even with 50+spf sunscreen) i'm really white. So I can't go into the sun because I dont want skin cancer and as everyone knows being burnt hurts. Then in the shade or inside I get too cold and have to put my clothes back on.

How do you guys do it? Do you still be nude in winter or is it just a summer thing?

that_guy

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  07:13:17 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
anyone?

kangaroo
Forum Member

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  07:49:45 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It's a comfort thing, not just a summer thing. Just because you are a nudist, doesn't mean you have to be nude 24/7.

I keep the house heated to 72 degrees on the weekends. That allows me to just get up and have breakfast without having to get dressed. On the days when it's set to below 72, it becomes too cold to stay undressed.

-kanga

Ranger191
Forum Member

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  4:06:36 PM  Show Profile  Visit Ranger191's Homepage  Send Ranger191 a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Well, if you're getting burned with an SPF 50 the sun may not be for you, if it's sunny out, you may choose to sit under a large umbrella like those with patio sets. My wife does that as she has very fair skin also. If that doesn't work, I did just see some SPF 80 at the local Walmart that you may want to try. That HAS to be like liquid shade!

OldBaldGuy
Forum Member

Posted - 10/19/2008 :  3:14:30 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I tan pretty easily, to go from white to tan I do a light burn first, just a little red, then go to a sunblock or tanning sunblock with a lower SPF, 15 or so. My wife, on the other hand, is lilly white, and burns easily no matter what she uses. So she just has to limit her time in the direct sun. After 30-60 minutes she moves into a shaded area, then pops out into the sun from time to time. You just have to figure out what works for you...

OBG

nude4comfort

Posted - 01/13/2009 :  7:37:22 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Like the OP, I'm very fair skined also. Though I don't get such temperature swings. I have used SPF45 and been fine, no burning at all. I started at 65 and worked my way down. Though I haven't tanned, I have kept from getting burnt. I was wondering if anyone knows of any ramafications to using certain types of sunscreen in those delicate areas? Or if they're all the same and as long as you don't get burnt you're ok?

Still getting used to the idea of putting sunscreen there.

tigerlady45
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  10:49:09 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Living in MI we stay dressed most of the time in winter. Our resort is open year round so we spend a lot of time at the club house. We do our visitng with friends in the hot tub or shooting pool. That first Spring day that we get to enjoy the sun I also get my first burn, but after that it is not a problem for either my husband or myself.

n/a
deleted

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  12:36:28 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote

LOL ... I wanna make a joke here sooo bad. But I'll restrain myself ..

If you don't like my profile picture, then use whiteout on your monitor.

nude4comfort

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  12:44:04 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
honeysuckle-
LOL ... I wanna make a joke here sooo bad. But I'll restrain myself ..

Go ahead. I won't mind. It takes a lot to affend me. Besides, I'd probably find it funny too.

capecodjack
Forum Member

Posted - 01/14/2009 :  11:10:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Sunscreen is the way to go. With my ethnic heritage (white Caucasian, blue eyes,yes they tell me it makes a difference) I describe my skin as a garden that is full of weeds. I have had a melanoma surgically removed from my back and have had basal cells removed from my skin for over 40 years I still revel in being nude but careful about exposure to too much sun. My dermatologist said "stay out of the sun".When I said I help out at the yacht club as a race committee official he said "Do the races after dark"

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 01/15/2009 :  12:27:50 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A friend of mine says it best, "when I lost my clothes, I didn't lose my common sense."
Teva

Ricki00
Forum Member

Posted - 12/30/2009 :  2:50:53 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nude4comfort

Like the OP, I'm very fair skined also. Though I don't get such temperature swings. I have used SPF45 and been fine, no burning at all. I started at 65 and worked my way down. Though I haven't tanned, I have kept from getting burnt. I was wondering if anyone knows of any ramafications to using certain types of sunscreen in those delicate areas? Or if they're all the same and as long as you don't get burnt you're ok?

I;m fair skinned as well, but don't get sun burned that easily.But that doesn't happen to me that often since I have taken it slowly all these years like stay in the sun for 5-10 minutes then stand under an umbrella or patio, then I added 2 minutes being under the sun each week for 14yrs till now I'm able to be under the sun for hours.I even don't wear sunscreen due to the chemicals that it has been found to cause skin cancer..

free2be
Forum Member

Posted - 12/30/2009 :  3:03:43 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I've posted this question in a different thread recently, but it was an older thread, so here goes again...
Short version...what is the preference for sun screen...spray or lotion?

mariarose
Forum Member

Posted - 01/04/2010 :  1:45:19 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
free2be, only you can answer that. Only you know your preferences for anything.

sailawaybob
Forum Member

Posted - 01/05/2010 :  10:44:09 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
i like the spray if i'm sunbathing by myself its easier to spray my back plus when i spray my feet i take my other foot to distribute the sunscreen around, ok i get lazy laying in the sun !

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 01/06/2010 :  03:32:11 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
Last summer I bought a small beach umbrella at a major supermarket for about $12. It says it has an SP protection factor of 30. Don't know if that is UVB or UVA that NaturistDoc told us about.

"If people let government decide which foods they eat and medicines they take, their bodies will soon be in as sorry a state as are the souls of those who live under tyranny."
Thomas Jefferson

Page: of 2 Previous Topic: sunburn Topic  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.27 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved