Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board

Nudist-Resorts.Org - Naturist Discussion Forum / Bulletin Board
Username:
Password:
Save Password

Register
Forgot Password?

About Us | Active Topics | Active Polls | Site News | Nudist News | Online Users | Members | Destinations | N. A. I. R. | My Page | Search
[ Active Members: 0 | Anonymous Members: 0 | Guests: 515 ]  [ Total: 515 ]  [ Newest Member: dild0 ]
 All Forums
 Nudism, Sex and Sexuality
 Nudism and the "swinging" lifestyle
 Are Swingers Out To Hijack Naturism?
Next Page
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic: GQ article about Desire Pearl Resort, Cancun Topic Next Topic: C/O resort in Florida slapped with 1.6M lawsuit
Page: of 4

gramm

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  4:55:45 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
It seems like more resorts that used to be family friendly are soliciting swingers now. What do you think?

ROB g
Forum Member

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  5:58:03 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I have never been to a resort. Being a single guy. I have always been afraid that i would be looked at as a pervert. I have checked out some sites but have never found any that solicit swingers. In fact some have said they don't want them. I know I would never want to go to one that dose. I personly don't think swingers are really nudists. I have gone out with women who wer nymos not that I am complaining LOL. But they have also been uncomfortable with nudity. But if you read up on the resorts you will find that if they are affileated with any national organizations you will find that they don't allow this kind of action.

Calbob
Forum Member

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  7:27:31 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I only know of two nudist clubs that dropped AANR to market to swingers. One is Live Oak Ranch, near Houston, and the other, of course, is the much discussed - -. In the case of Live Oak, the owner, himself a former AANR Trustee, simply dropped out of AANR and started marketing the club as "Lifestyle Friendly". I'm sure it was all about money.

Edited by - Calbob on 10/15/2008 10:00:00 PM

rooftopwilly
Forum Member

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  8:43:06 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
[i]I personly don't think swingers are really nudists. I have gone out with women who wer nymos not that I am complaining LOL.

so are you saying that one can not enjoy both of those lifestyles? that's absurd.

ROB g
Forum Member

Posted - 10/15/2008 :  8:57:02 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I don't think I meant you can't enjoy both. But that my first time going to a club I would like it to be not about sex. And i could be wrong here but gram sounds like he or she is looking for a family oriented place. If I had a chance to vist a private swingers party I Know I would probably go.

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/16/2008 :  04:23:56 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gramm

It seems like more resorts that used to be family friendly are soliciting swingers now. What do you think?

Resorts are free to cater to any groups they choose. Their resort and their choice, i don't think swingers are taking control of operating it,more like the resorts are catering to and accepting lifestyles openly as nudism comes from all walks of life. This tipping of the scales towards unbalance is a wait and see/time will tell surely.

go n nude

Teva
Forum Member

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  4:39:10 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
At the many, many nudist parks and resorts I've visited, when there are more swingers or lifestylers, some of the families tend to leave. Most nudist parks tend to say what goes on behind closed doors is the business of those behind closed doors.

Naturist Family Network
Forum Member

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  7:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Visit Naturist Family Network's Homepage  Reply with Quote
The serious issue is when these places POSE as a naturist venue when in fact they are not. These resorts should be forced to be truthful and transparent in their advertising.

*Promoting Family Values*
www.naturistfamily.net

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  4:41:58 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
It might be a case of using nudity for two very different purposes. One is wanting to be nude in a traditional, family-oriented atmosphere. The other uses nudity for more sexually oriented goals. While nudity is a possible common thread, that commonality is negated by the stark contrast between the two uses of nudity.

The two can't mix in the same facility. In that way, you cannot think in terms of both concepts at the same time. If you visit a family nudist resort, but go there with a swinger mindset, you are necessarily conflicted. You are setting yourself up for inappropriate actions and spokend words.

In a way, it's a lot easier on the mind, to choose one or the other. The mind pitted against itself doesn't work that well.

There are other considerations. Would you like to have your young children mix with swingers? Also, the swingers make it more difficult on the well-behaved single men when it comes to wanting to go to a nudist resort.

There are enough obstacles that need obviation within the nudist movement. It's better that traditional nudists that they not be associated with swingers. If that distinction were put forth enthusiastically to the public, many negative opinions would ebb.

If you want to be part of a swinging group, fine, but don't admix the values of swinging and family nudist resorts. If both sides promoted their differences, it would be easier on the traditional nudists.

I'm Warmskin, and I approve this message.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

Edited by - Warmskin on 10/27/2008 5:34:15 PM

ROB g
Forum Member

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  6:51:34 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
I agree with warm skin here. But Having read the different fourms being single in general it's hard.
We men get accused of being perverts. And some women can get acussed of the same or there scared to go because they areb afraid of getting hit on.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 10/27/2008 :  5:50:23 PM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
So true, Rob. All a single woman needs to hear is that a sexed-up man came on too strongly to a woman at a nudist resort. That will be a powerful determent for her to never go to one again, or for the first time. Meanwhile, a single man, no matter how well mannered and polite, might be seen as minutes away from bothering the woman closest by in the swimming pool. Bad news travels quickly, while all the wonderful accomplishments in a nudist resort might travel by snail-back.

If you like to chase women, try the swingers places, and spare the nudist resorts the bad publicity. I don't condemn swingers joints, but would prefer a "wall of separation" between nudist resorts and swingers groups.

If we weren't talking about nudist resorts and swingers places, and in fact we did our own thing with clothes on, it might be easier to see the differences between the two. However, when we don't have clothes on, then some people will blur the two distinctly different functions.

That government governs best, which governs least - Thomas Jefferson

go n nude
Forum Member

Posted - 10/28/2008 :  6:08:58 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
On another Topic of this forum the owners of one resort have stated publicly swingers are "NOT" welcome,they spoiled the welcome mat,and seen just how they play or don't respect this lifestyle its a lesson learned the hard way. One they regret.To Day. I think resorts should always have their right to operate as they wish so they can't blame anyBody. The public isn't fooled in any way, and when we welcome association to swinging, we can't blame swingers really when the public thinks Nudism=Swinging or Sexism. Nudism takes a hit again.

go n nude

LanceAt- -
Forum Member

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  4:48:54 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
IMO:

Swingers are NOT taking over nudism. Investors seeking the highest and best return on their money from the nudist niche market in the leisure industry ARE taking over the C.O. resort industry.

These guys are out for a buck ... first, last and always ..., and the public be damned, as far as they are concerned. They are courting the swingers, because swingers are ready, willing and able to spend far much more money at the resorts than any other class of customer, period. THAT'S exactly why some resort owners are pursuing the swingers. It's all about money and profit ... first, last and always. Very simple: JPG ... Just Plain Greed.

Here's the problem with that mindset:

America is still, at heart, a very conservative country still to a large degree steeped in the mindset of the Puritans who founded her in the 1620s. What that means to this issue is:

There is a very real danger that these investors may inadvertently rile up the general populace to the point where they will pressure lawmakers to outlaw nudist resorts.

BAM! It'll be all over for us then ... thanks to these guys chasing after a buck! To my way of thinking, THAT'S called greed ... THAT'S called sin ... THAT'S called immoral.

When the mindset is: Profit over people ... decadence, debauchery and defeat are just around the corner. History shows this time and time again. My opinion on this issue does not matter. History serves up the unbiased facts, and they are there in abundance to prove this point.

IMHO, this mindset is EXACTLY WHAT'S WRONG WITH AMERICA (and much of the rest of the world) THESE DAYS! It's why we have the current economic debacle: Money, money, money ... profit, profit, profit ... power, power, power! The results? Just watch the evening network news.

The investors and swingers are free to do their thing, but, PLEASE, y'all, DON'T RUIN IT FOR THE REST OF US!

If the legistlators outlaw public nudity altogether, we're toast, as the saying goes. The investors very well may set-off "The Legistlation Bomb!" Again, if that happens, we're toast! The few will have "ruined it" for the many ... yet again. History tells this tale throughout the ages. Please, don't let this happen to us!

Just my opinion.

Peace.

Edited by - LanceAt- - on 01/20/2009 9:19:59 PM

ROB g
Forum Member

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  7:02:41 PM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Good point on sexmaniacs. I have no problem with swingers. But that might be something that should be kept in the privacy of home. If we some day want nudity to be lawful in public.

Warmskin
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  12:24:45 AM  Show Profile  Send Warmskin a Yahoo! Message  Reply with Quote
If we hope to increase the numbers of nudists in the U.S., we need to educate the public that traditional nudism is not about swinging. It would help if we had the full cooperation with the swingers in making the distinction between the two quite clear.

I'm not against swinger resorts at all, and if people find happiness and fullfilment there, I'm quite content. I personally would not go there, because I like something more light-hearted. That's why I like regular nudist resorts.

Long live the difference, and may the public become well aquainted with it by our own efforts.

Whenever a man has cast a longing eye on offices, a rottenness begins in his conduct.
Thomas Jefferson

bnbngeorgia
Forum Member

Posted - 01/21/2009 :  08:56:13 AM  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
We were members of a well-run family nudist camp when we lived in Houston. Solo males and females were allowed after careful screening and it was 'nudist' -- take off your clothes or leave, which further screened the guys who just wanted to ogle other people. There were families with kids of all ages. It was interesting to see a family drive in around noon on Sunday, stand by their vehicle and take off their church clothes and enjoy being nude all afternoon. It was a very safe and friendly camp.

Now, having set that scene, there were many 'swingers' at the camp. We never saw anything out of line publicly but, if you listened closely to some of the conversation, it was obvious that some folks shared more than a desire to be nude when inside their trailers or cabins. Late at night around the hot tub, conversation became more adult in nature but there was still no open contact. No telling what might have been happening under the water, of course.

Page: of 4 Previous Topic: GQ article about Desire Pearl Resort, Cancun Topic Next Topic: C/O resort in Florida slapped with 1.6M lawsuit  
 New Topic |   Reply to Topic |   Printer Friendly
Next Page
Jump To:
Nudist-Resorts.Org Discussion Forum Bulletin Board Nudism Clothing Optional Resort Naturism Nude Beaches © 2002-2020 SUN Go To Top Of Page
This page was down to skin in 0.39 seconds.

General Rules and Terms of Service

Membership in the Nudist-Resorts.Org discussion forum is free, can be anonymous, and requires only a working email address. All email links to members are cloaked. You can disable your email link. Nude photos can be posted, if within our posting rules. No erotica, spam or solicitation is allowed here. References to sex or genitals in your username or profile will result in removal from the forum. Information and opinions regarding anything related to nudism are encouraged, including discussions concerning the confusion between nudism and eroticism if discussed maturely. All posts in this forum are moderated. Read our POSTING RULES here and here. All information appearing on this website is copyright and intellectual property of the Society for Understanding Nudism unless otherwise noted. The views expressed on these forums by participants are not necessarily representative of the Society for Understanding Nudism. Administrators reserve the right to delete anything outside the posting rules, or anything in their opinion not appropriate. To post, you must have cookies enabled and be at least 18 years of age.

Email the Webmaster | Legal Information

Copyright © 2002-2015 SUN - Society for Understanding Nudism
All Rights Reserved